PDA

View Full Version : 48 hours: Desperate Tories beg Ukip voters (who they previously slurred) to vote Tory

-:Undertaker:-
04-05-2015, 11:46 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/conservative/11582119/Iain-Duncan-Smith-Voting-for-Ukip-and-Nigel-Farage-is-like-writing-Britains-suicide-note.html

Iain Duncan Smith: Voting for Ukip and Nigel Farage is like writing Britain's 'suicide note'

The Work and Pensions Secretary says voting Ukip in the general election is “unfathomable” and people "will not be forgiven" for ruining the chances of holding an in-out referendum on Britain's membership of the EU.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02544/IDS_2544503b.jpg
Iain Duncan Smith issues last minute plea to Ukip voters to vote Conservative

Voting for UKIP is like writing a “suicide note” which will “not be forgiven” if it denies Britain the chance to vote on whether to remain a member of the EU, Iain Duncan Smith warns today. In a heartfelt intervention just 48 hours before polling day, the former Conservative leader urges those considering voting UKIP not to jeopardise a decades-long campaign he has waged to change Britain’s relationship with Brussels.

The Work and Pensions Secretary describes a vote for Ukip as “unfathomable” as it risks allowing a weak minority Labour government – backed by the SNP – to seize control of Downing Street. Mr Duncan Smith’s comments, in an interview with The Daily Telegraph, come as senior Conservative figures prepare to fan out across Britain today and tomorrow in a last ditch attempt to win around voters.

With the opinion polls largely deadlocked, David Cameron believes that personal heartfelt pleas to relatively small groups of voters could yet help secure a Conservative majority in Thursday’s general election. Opinion polls have in recent weeks shown that Ukip’s vote is being squeezed in key marginal constituencies across the country - but the vote has not yet collapsed as many Conservatives had forecast. Senior Tory strategists are still concerned that people will vote Ukip in sufficient numbers to split the Conservative vote in some areas and allow Labour to prosper.

http://cdn2.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/incoming/article30989807.ece/f7084/ALTERNATES/w620/WIPS025.jpg
Nigel Farage has revived his national campaign in the last week with polls showing Ukip support slightly up

Nigel Farage today launches a national advertising campaign in a bid to stop potential Ukip voters returning to the Tory fold.

Mr Duncan Smith is one of the Conservative Party’s leading Eurosceptics who came to prominence leading the rebellions against John Major over the Maastricht Treaty. He has so far played a relatively low-key role in the election campaign but today urges potential Ukip voters to “stop and think” about the consequences of supporting Mr Farage. “I would simply appeal to them to say, honestly this is a risk that is no longer a protest, but it’s like a suicide note,” he says “The last thing I always say to Ukip people on the doorstep - and it’s very simple – is that for 24 years I have campaigned for a referendum on the European Union.

“And the British people have wanted one. And they should stop and think because if they do not vote for the Conservatives then basically they will have taken away that referendum from the British people for which they will not be forgiven. And I certainly won’t forgive them.”

Mr Cameron will today begin a 36-hour tour of the country ahead of Thursday’s vote designed to galvanise Tory support in dozens of constituencies that could give his party victory in the election. In a rally on Tuesday, he will urge people considering voting Ukip or for the Liberal Democrats to vote Tory to avoid the “chaos” of a Labour government reliant on “back-room deals, bribes and ransom notes”.

The Prime Minister will say: “So I say to voters in Lib Dem seats, the only way to avoid Miliband-SNP and economic chaos is to vote Conservative this time. And I say to UKIP voters, the only way to avoid Milliband and the SNP is to vote Conservative this time. “Nigel Farage is the back door to a Labour Government. And I say to previous Conservative voters, who may be thinking twice about turning out, turn out because if the nation is to avoid Miliband-SNP and economic chaos you must vote.”

Mr Cameron’s tour will take in a dozen stops in London, the Midlands, the South West, North West, Wales and Scotland. George Osborne, the Chancellor, will also spend 24 hours travelling to target constituencies ahead of Thursday’s vote.

Mr Duncan Smith’s appeal to Ukip supporters is the most forthright by a senior Conservative since the beginning of the general election campaign. He says that he “understands people’s frustrations” and that many voters were “hurt during the recession and they lost their faith in mainstream politics”. “Europe, immigration and the issue about low pay - that was the problem,” he says. “But that’s changing. I mean, look around. If we stay in power for another 10 years, all I would say is with the welfare reforms to complete, with the economic changes that we’re making, I actually am more optimistic about the future for Britain than I have been in 24 years in politics.” “My appeal is stop before you put your cross on the paper. Ask yourself this very simple question: If I care about my country so much, why would I risk the chance of a Labour Party being in government with the Scottish nationalists?”

The former Tory leader adds: “I just think if people just lifted their heads up and we could look at the horizon, it looks fantastic. But we’ve got to get there. If you don’t do it, then the horizon disappears and we end up in this never-never land of France. “Monsieur Hollande as French president has taken France in the direction Mr Miliband would. So you don’t need to think what will it be like – just have a good look at France. Unemployment at over double ours. Economic inactivity – dramatic. You’ve got youth unemployment much higher than ours.”

In his interview, Mr Duncan Smith also warns that the Coalition’s flagship reforms to the benefits system would “hit the buffers” if Labour and the SNP get into power this week. “[The reforms] will all go and what will be replaced is back to where we were. And that’s the real threat of Labour on welfare - they are still trapped in a time warp.”

Too late losers.

Years of insults: fruitcakes, loonies, closet racists, gadflys, sex with vaccum cleaners - and now they want our voters? Take a walk. In any case, they're misunderstanding that a huge - bigger - chunk of Ukip support comes from ex-Labour voters and non-voters. So it's not clear cut.

"Iain Duncan Smith: Voting for Ukip and Nigel Farage is like writing Britain's 'suicide note"

No it's like writing the Tory party's death warrant.

The panic is palpable.

"“The last thing I always say to Ukip people on the doorstep - and it’s very simple – is that for 24 years I have campaigned for a referendum on the European Union."

Yeah? And where have your herculean efforts got us exactly Ian? In that same period of time, the EU has increased its powers immeasurably. If I fought for something for 24 years to no avail, I would start reworking my strategy.

It's quite simple IDS. Get stuffed. I'm voting UKIP along with millions of others. You arrogant twit, you say UKIP voters "won't be forgiven". By whom, exactly? The idiots in the Tory party who sold out their core voters, and the country? Cretin.

My family all mostly have been lifelong Tory voters. No more.

Just watch what happens when the Tories realise they've now failed to win their 5th General Election in a row. Civil war. :D

Thoughts?

Earthquake
04-05-2015, 11:50 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahah!

The only problem we face today before the election is people are still being convinced tory, labour and liberals are worthy of a vote.

http://si.wsj.net/public/resources/images/BN-FB160_birrel_P_20141016170630.jpg
http://www1.theladbible.com/images/content/537c7fb84971d.jpg
http://lapeniche.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/cameron.jpg

VOTE UKIP

AgnesIO
04-05-2015, 11:53 PM
Looking forward to UKIP failing in the GE in two days time! :)

04-05-2015, 11:56 PM
Looking forward to UKIP failing in the GE in two days time! :)

Even if we take no seats we'll have succeeded by damaging you enough in the marginals to make you lose.

That's my main aim.

AgnesIO
04-05-2015, 11:57 PM
Even if we take no seats we'll have succeeded by damaging you enough in the marginals to make you lose.

That's my main aim.

I'd rather a Labour win that UKIP (and that's saying something).

04-05-2015, 11:59 PM
I'd rather a Labour win that UKIP (and that's saying something).

Then the weak, dripping wet and useless Tory Party is perfect for you.

Maybe it's time we had a Grand Coalition between the major parties who are all identical anyway. Then we'd see the real divide in politics.

AgnesIO
05-05-2015, 12:01 AM
Then the weak, dripping wet and useless Tory Party is perfect for you.

Maybe it's time we had a Grand Coalition between the major parties who are all identical anyway. Then we'd see the real divide in politics.

I wouldn't want that, I want a more right wing tory party. However, at the same time I don't want Nigel Farage anywhere near government. Despise him.

05-05-2015, 12:04 AM
I wouldn't want that, I want a more right wing tory party. However, at the same time I don't want Nigel Farage anywhere near government. Despise him.

hahahahahaha, like Iain? And look where it has got him.

And of course you dislike Farage. He's providing an alternative that for years many have been denied which helped your party stay in power.

AgnesIO
05-05-2015, 12:06 AM
hahahahahaha, like Iain? And look where it has got him.

And of course you dislike Farage. He's providing an alternative that for years many have been denied which helped your party stay in power.

I would gladly change party if I thought that the party was a better alternative. Sadly, UKIP is not a better alternative - it is a terrible alternative.

05-05-2015, 12:07 AM
I would gladly change party if I thought that the party was a better alternative. Sadly, UKIP is not a better alternative - it is a terrible alternative.

Then it's a fight to the death as only one can emerge as the winner.

In Canada the same thing happened. And your side lost.

AgnesIO
05-05-2015, 12:10 AM
Then it's a fight to the death as only one can emerge as the winner.

In Canada the same thing happened. And your side lost.

Sadly for you, my side will be one hell of a lot more victorious than UKIP.

I don't understand why a UKIP supporter would want a party that doesn't even want a referendum on Europe in Government, rather than one that is at least somewhat right wing and offering a referendum?

Earthquake
05-05-2015, 12:12 AM

You seem to be voting somebody who seems to have not one part of your interest at heart, other then his own political gain in power to destroy this country & before you use his excuses of the economy recovering under his party, well that was not down to him, that was down to the country not really giving a rat ass and carrying on as normal.

And also, please tell me one public sector this man has improved for the working class? I mean, he is our Prime Minister right? What has he actually improved in the NHS, Public transport, etc?

NOTHING.

I want change, I want a better future, no more lies, no more avoiding the question & no more same answers.

I actually want a new government who can promise me before the election and deliver after the election.

05-05-2015, 12:12 AM
Sadly for you, my side will be one hell of a lot more victorious than UKIP.

I don't understand why a UKIP supporter would want a party that doesn't even want a referendum on Europe in Government, rather than one that is at least somewhat right wing and offering a referendum?

What's right wing or remotely conservative about the Tory Party?

On the referendum, yeah somehow we don't believe you given how you've promised referendums before and gone back on your word, signed us up in the first place to the entire thing based on a lie and have signed every single major treaty with the EU. Indeed, your record on the EU is so shameful on it that you make Labour look good.

FlyingJesus
05-05-2015, 12:13 AM

Because he knows that UKIP is just a reactionary party and so he wants a weak government for an easier target next time. Doesn't want the best for the country, just the best for his party

Inseriousity.
05-05-2015, 12:15 AM
48 hours, it's rather sad how I can't wait til Thursday :D
This whole election campaign has been desperate tactics. Vote Labour, get SNP. Vote UKIP, get Labour. blah blah blah.

FlyingJesus
05-05-2015, 12:16 AM
Everyone vote Bee Party

AgnesIO
05-05-2015, 12:18 AM
You seem to be voting somebody who seems to have not one part of your interest at heart, other then his own political gain in power to destroy this country & before you use his excuses of the economy recovering under his party, well that was not down to him, that was down to the country not really giving a rat ass and carrying on as normal.

And also, please tell me one public sector this man has improved for the working class? I mean, he is our Prime Minister right? What has he actually improved in the NHS, Public transport, etc?

NOTHING.

I want change, I want a better future, no more lies, no more avoiding the question & no more same answers.

I actually want a new government who can promise me before the election and deliver after the election.

Well, I believe in HS2 - public transport case one. Railways need to be nationalised, though.

The thing is, sweet cheeks, I am not voting for the working class. I am voting based on my own position in life and my own future; not for the working class.

What's right wing or remotely conservative about the Tory Party?

On the referendum, yeah somehow we don't believe you given how you've promised referendums before and gone back on your word, signed us up in the first place to the entire thing based on a lie and have signed every single major treaty with the EU. Indeed, your record on the EU is so shameful on it that you make Labour look good.

At 1am, I cannot be bothered to make a long post, but things like this; http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/conservatives-right-wing-win-election-5532843 make it pretty obvious the Conservatives are on the right of the spectrum (albeit not very).

Also, not following through with the 2017 referendum would be political suicide for the Conservatives. far more so than the boring Lisbon Treaty. Obviously not boring, but incredibly insignificant compared to being in or out.

05-05-2015, 12:23 AM
Because he knows that UKIP is just a reactionary party and so he wants a weak government for an easier target next time. Doesn't want the best for the country, just the best for his party

A supporter of the useless Tory Party accusing somebody else of putting the country before party has to be the most ironic thing i've ever read.

At 1am, I cannot be bothered to make a long post, but things like this; http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/conservatives-right-wing-win-election-5532843 make it pretty obvious the Conservatives are on the right of the spectrum (albeit not very).

Quoting the Daily Mirror and Kenneth Clarke calling something too right wing is like asking Karl Marx whether he thought General Pinochet was too right wing. I am a conservative: I believe in national sovereignty, constrained foreign policy and selective education. The Tories offer none of this.

[Also, not following through with the 2017 referendum would be political suicide for the Conservatives. far more so than the boring Lisbon Treaty. Obviously not boring, but incredibly insignificant compared to being in or out.

We don't believe you.

In any case, even if you did hold one it'd be the same trick as the one they pulled in 1975.

AgnesIO
05-05-2015, 12:25 AM
A supporter of the useless Tory Party accusing somebody else of putting the country before party has to be the most ironic thing i've ever read.

Quoting the Daily Mirror and Kenneth Clarke calling something too right wing is like asking Karl Marx whether he thought General Pinochet was too right wing. I am a conservative: I believe in national sovereignty, constrained foreign policy and selective education. The Tories offer none of this.

We don't believe you.

In any case, even if you did hold one it'd be the same trick as the one they pulled in 1975.

Sorry, I forgot we could only use stupid newspapers when it suits you (cough daily mail x102938 cough)

05-05-2015, 12:27 AM
Sorry, I forgot we could only use stupid newspapers when it suits you (cough daily mail x102938 cough)

I barely use the Daily Mail anymore because of silly comments like that on every thread. In any case, the Daily Mail supports the Tory Party which in turn supports the end of our national sovereignty, parliamentary independence and everything else that comes with membership. It's no friend of mine or Britain.

As a newspaper, it puts party before country just like yourself and Tom.

FlyingJesus
05-05-2015, 01:20 AM

Not at all, I'm supporting what they say they'll do rather than claiming to be a party representative and swearing fealty. The fact is that you and other UKIP supporters would like to see a weak government (by your own admission) in order to further the party's support as much as possible, rather than wanting to see something at least slightly akin to a strong government in the interim so that the damage done isn't irreparable

it puts party before country just like yourself and Tom.

If I wanted my own comeback I'd have asked your mother for a kiss

05-05-2015, 01:30 AM
Not at all, I'm supporting what they say they'll do rather than claiming to be a party representative and swearing fealty. The fact is that you and other UKIP supporters would like to see a weak government (by your own admission) in order to further the party's support as much as possible, rather than wanting to see something at least slightly akin to a strong government in the interim so that the damage done isn't irreparable

It's under a 'strong government' that we're signed up to more European integration, more mass migration, less civil liberties and more state spending: the complete opposite of what the Tories say they'll do every single time. Under FPTP there's only one way, as the video below (Hitchens) explains.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNPRDZzKgQ4

As we'll get exactly the same under Labour rule, it doesn't matter who is in office. For tactical reasons I want the Tories to collapse and split.

If I wanted my own comeback I'd have asked your mother for a kiss

Just scrape it off your mums teeth.

FlyingJesus
05-05-2015, 01:54 AM
It's under a 'strong government' that <blah blah blah>

Is it? I'd say otherwise; I don't think we've had a particularly strong government recently. You seem to be under the impression that anyone voting in any direction has 100% loyalty to that party, which is anything but the truth. I don't think the blues have done anything spectacular in this latest reign, but will vote for them based on what they say they'll do in the future. If they don't hold up to their promises then that's obviously a problem, but I have no reason to believe that anyone else is more likely to do so

Just scrape it off your mums teeth.

Are you really that incapable of making your own retorts that you have to keep using mine? I feel like I should open a second hand store just for you

05-05-2015, 02:00 AM
Is it? I'd say otherwise; I don't think we've had a particularly strong government recently. You seem to be under the impression that anyone voting in any direction has 100% loyalty to that party, which is anything but the truth. I don't think the blues have done anything spectacular in this latest reign, but will vote for them based on what they say they'll do in the future. If they don't hold up to their promises then that's obviously a problem, but I have no reason to believe that anyone else is more likely to do so

Vote for them based on what they'll do in the future?

They promised to cut immigration, they increased it.
They promised to eliminate the deficit and they haven't.
They promised no more powers to the EU, they did the complete opposite.
They promised to tackle the debt yet they've gone and increased it to levels that Labour could only dream of.

All key promises and core Coservative values that they have utterly failed on. How much more failure does this country have to endure under the useless, two faced Tory Party to realise it is time to eliminate it as a political force just as the Canadians did with their useless Tory Party? The good news is that not much more, because when the Tories lose their 5th General Election in a row many will start questioning if they ever can win again. And under FPTP it's curtains.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!