PDA

View Full Version : Scam Guide [Simple?]

Robâ„¢
12-09-2005, 10:18 PM
Hello and Welcome to another one of Rob's Guides lol ^_^
I'm just going to run through the Simple Scams of Runescape Kai?

Password Scamming:
Most People try to Scam your password by doing One of the 3 Following ways:

[1] Hey Everybody if you type your password it comes out like this ****** try it! [SCAM SCAM SCAM]

[2] From Some Random Person on PM: Hi I can make you a member for free all i need is your password and it's as Simple as that! [SCAM SCAM SCAM] ;)

[3] They're going to make up some Stupid story that they are a Mod or work for Jagex Or Can Hack Jagex... You Can't ^_^ It clearly states no Mod's/Worker's of Jagex will ask for your Password.. so it's simple enough to say SCAM!

The I can Trim your Armour Scam:
Nobody can Trim armour the ONLY Ways you can trim your armour are by doing Treasure trails [Members only] Or buying them off other players the list of trimmed armours are as follows;

Black [T]
Black [G]
Addy [T]
Addy [G]
Rune [T]
Rune [G]
Rune [Guth]
Rune [Sara]
Rune [Zammy]

These are all the TRIMMED Armours you can Find on Treasure Trails or buy from people

The Trust Test
Some Scammers use the Trust Test as a Way of taking your items
the trust test involves you giving your best item to a person who says
he will give back a Rare/Valuable item or let you be in his/her clan and says
"Give me your Best Item I will give it you back then you can be in my clan"
Or
"Give me your best item I will give it you back with Insert [WHATEVER] Here"

Please Don't fall for this Scam!

The Double Trader Scam:

Some People have a Friend/Clone to help them do this Scam
Someone will PM/Say Selling Banana 200k While Someone else [Their Friend/Clone] will say Buying Banana 1m! which means you think your going to gain 800k but when you buy the Banana for 200k then both people then log out DON'T FALL FOR THESE!

These are all I can think of for now :( lol :p

Tell me if I've missed any Kai?

So For Now

Guide Complete <3

Neil
13-09-2005, 02:23 PM
Hello and Welcome to another one of Rob's Guides lol ^_^
I'm just going to run through the Simple Scams of Runescape Kai?

Password Scamming:
Most People try to Scam your password by doing One of the 3 Following ways:

[1] Hey Everybody if you type your password it comes out like this ****** try it! [SCAM SCAM SCAM]

[2] From Some Random Person on PM: Hi I can make you a member for free all i need is your password and it's as Simple as that! [SCAM SCAM SCAM] ;)

[3] They're going to make up some Stupid story that they are a Mod or work for Jagex Or Can Hack Jagex... You Can't ^_^ It clearly states no Mod's/Worker's of Jagex will ask for your Password.. so it's simple enough to say SCAM!

The I can Trim your Armour Scam:
Nobody can Trim armour the ONLY Ways you can trim your armour are by doing Treasure trails [Members only] Or buying them off other players the list of trimmed armours are as follows;

Black [T]
Black [G]
Addy [T]
Addy [G]
Rune [T]
Rune [G]
Rune [Guth]
Rune [Sara]
Rune [Zammy]

These are all the TRIMMED Armours you can Find on Treasure Trails or buy from people

The Trust Test
Some Scammers use the Trust Test as a Way of taking your items
the trust test involves you giving your best item to a person who says
he will give back a Rare/Valuable item or let you be in his/her clan and says
"Give me your Best Item I will give it you back then you can be in my clan"
Or
"Give me your best item I will give it you back with Insert [WHATEVER] Here"

Please Don't fall for this Scam!

The Double Trader Scam:

Some People have a Friend/Clone to help them do this Scam
Someone will PM/Say Selling Banana 200k While Someone else [Their Friend/Clone] will say Buying Banana 1m! which means you think your going to gain 800k but when you buy the Banana for 200k then both people then log out DON'T FALL FOR THESE!

These are all I can think of for now :( lol :p

Tell me if I've missed any Kai?

So For Now

Guide Complete <3
Posting scams isn't a smart thing to do...Good intentions I know but you are giving out ideas to people that will use them, some of that looks like it's from RuneScapecommunity.com...

Ashley 12344
13-09-2005, 04:52 PM
The last 1 isnt exactly a scam.

A more common 1 is 'ill swap u [item] for [item], but lemme test wot u selling first.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!