PDA

View Full Version : habbohut officially, finally, closed

October
08-05-2015, 07:55 PM
rip

should have happened years ago imo, was really only pop bc it was the go-to fansite for habbo staff imo

lmaooo @ the jingle, actually never heard their jingle before rip

Kyle
08-05-2015, 08:19 PM
This is a sad day that marks the beginning of the end for habbo fansites. Original and passionate owners and site volunteers are finally growing too old to care and allowing their legacies to fade. Despite the hate the site got for years where they had a maximum of about 7-12 listeners, the habbohut radio was one of the first few habbo stations to gain recognition and momentum and it remained at the top of the pile in australia and new zealand for a very long time.

COMP!
COMP FOR A THRONE?
COMP IN THE DROME!

bye habbohut :(

GoldenMerc
08-05-2015, 08:30 PM
pretty weird, habbohut has been around so long

October
08-05-2015, 08:44 PM
This is a sad day that marks the beginning of the end for habbo fansites. Original and passionate owners and site volunteers are finally growing too old to care and allowing their legacies to fade. Despite the hate the site got for years where they had a maximum of about 7-12 listeners, the habbohut radio was one of the first few habbo stations to gain recognition and momentum and it remained at the top of the pile in australia and new zealand for a very long time.

COMP!
COMP FOR A THRONE?
COMP IN THE DROME!

bye habbohut :(I've been a semi-active member with them over the years since the decline they faced, and yeah, the community that remained was mostly AU or NZ. But they endured, in most part I think, because the legacy HH was built upon. They tried to keep it open as long as possible but, it had it's time long ago.

I think that makes just HabbCrazy the second oldest fansite now.

Chippiewill
08-05-2015, 09:03 PM
This is a sad day that marks the beginning of the end for habbo fansites.
ehhh, people have been predicting the end since 2009. Habbox has actually spent longer 'dying' than it did in its prime.

Nick
08-05-2015, 10:48 PM
ehhh, people have been predicting the end since 2009. Habbox has actually spent longer 'dying' than it did in its prime.

rip

lol i hate how the good singers don't have good mic's but then the crap ones have good quality ones

FlyingJesus
08-05-2015, 10:55 PM
Lit never been on it

Joe
08-05-2015, 11:40 PM
the end is nigh!

Bloop
09-05-2015, 01:56 AM
Lmfao a month ago, lizzy, who I was supposed to be working with as part of the habbosecrets told me she just transferred ownership of habbohut due some guy who I can't remember who apparently is super interested so yeah so much for interest

Rip

Dentafrice
09-05-2015, 06:41 AM
Haven't visited HH since the Becs days. Sad to see one of the last large, original fansites left.

xxMATTGxx
09-05-2015, 11:02 AM
Not really that surprised as the forum side of things seemed very empty compared to what it used to be. Sad to see it go though as it is one of the "originals".

That jingle is awesome as well.

Ekelektra
09-05-2015, 01:50 PM
Used to go on it years ago so it's sad to see it go.

And I love the song it brings back so many memories, had it on my iPod at one stage haha

iBlueBox
09-05-2015, 03:09 PM
I always pictured habbohut of having a very international appeal to it compared to a lot of fansites before the merge.

Rachel
09-05-2015, 05:49 PM
Lmfao a month ago, lizzy, who I was supposed to be working with as part of the habbosecrets told me she just transferred ownership of habbohut due some guy who I can't remember who apparently is super interested so yeah so much for interest

Rip
Yeah skunkboyjr aka Toby. I was at HH since 2008 was good in its prime time but after 2011 it went downhill

Dentafrice
09-05-2015, 07:56 PM
I think that year applies to most of Habbo to be honest :(

Earthquake
10-05-2015, 12:52 PM
rip

should have happened years ago imo, was really only pop bc it was the go-to fansite for habbo staff imo

lmaooo @ the jingle, actually never heard their jingle before rip

You have no idea how populuar habbohut was

Cody
10-05-2015, 02:09 PM
Oh wow. Yeah habbohut is an old fansite! Well I'm sure for whatever reason is for the better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alkaz
10-05-2015, 08:50 PM
Yeah it's a shame that it's been closed after so long, but I never really used it and I guess if more of us did then it would still be here.

Inseriousity.
10-05-2015, 10:19 PM
I worked on the HabboHut Magazine (just like The Box really) for a short time. Was a nice fansite.

-:Undertaker:-
10-05-2015, 10:31 PM
I never used but did know of it and it's sad to hear an old fansite hitting the walls.

welshcake
10-05-2015, 10:48 PM
Bye Habbohut (even though I only went on the site like... Once)

:(

October
11-05-2015, 02:58 AM
You have no idea how populuar habbohut was
what lmao yes I do

habbohut was bigger than habbox was for us north american habbos, when it first came out

it was habbohut, habbcrazy and bluebobble

back then habbox attempted two north american sites iirc, habbox.us and habbox.ca but neither stuck (funny, i remember seeing jd25 on recently; he headed habbox.us for a time iirc)

but habbohut was one of the main us/ca fansites, but not for years, pretty much after all the staff left and the golden era of habbo ended, and more sites opened up, habbohut declined

lmao pls don't try and tell me anything about old school north american fansites

Lewis
11-05-2015, 07:27 PM
I've never used it before and I haven't really heard much about it, so I'm not at any loss. Shame if it's one of the old fansites though.

Samantha
11-05-2015, 10:40 PM
I remember going on HabboHut and FlameHabbo back in the day, and when I joined the Content Design Department here I looked at the HabboHut Wiki for inspiration.

It's a shame it's gone, but it lasted so long!

Brad
12-05-2015, 01:37 AM
Habbohut was the only fansite I used to go to. I remember the HabboHut talkshows. They were fun!

Earthquake
12-05-2015, 10:45 AM
what lmao yes I do

habbohut was bigger than habbox was for us north american habbos, when it first came out

it was habbohut, habbcrazy and bluebobble

back then habbox attempted two north american sites iirc, habbox.us and habbox.ca but neither stuck (funny, i remember seeing jd25 on recently; he headed habbox.us for a time iirc)

but habbohut was one of the main us/ca fansites, but not for years, pretty much after all the staff left and the golden era of habbo ended, and more sites opened up, habbohut declined

lmao pls don't try and tell me anything about old school north american fansites

I meant in the sense your post was insulting the site.

- - - Updated - - -

don't throw your toys out of the pram

Joe
12-05-2015, 10:56 AM
I used to work for HabboHut as a 'Wiki Wiz' when they first began the Wiki for their site. It was a really nice place to work and the staff members I had contact with were all lovely, so I can't really complain. Bit of a shame that it's closed but that's the way, it seems, fansites are going. I wouldn't be at all surprised that when it comes to the end of Habbo, Habbox is the last one standing.

Andings
12-05-2015, 12:09 PM
I honestly don't think many people realise how much effort was put in by everyone to that Fansite. While many saw it coming, the closure of HabboHut is without a doubt a sad one for those involved, both past and present.

Over the many years of HabboHut, I had experienced great privilege in being in these roles:

Trialist Radio DJ
Radio DJ
Senior DJ (later renamed to Head DJ)
AU Events Host
AV Technician
Site Technician
Site Manager
Forum Manager
Administrator

The list goes on and on. Today I signed on and was greeted with a Skype message from a friend stating HabboHut had closed. Thinking it was a hoax, I went onto their website to find it had in fact closed and it saddened me. Before I go on I want to thank HabboHut Owners, Senior Management and those that were fellow Managers with me over the years because without you guys, I don't know what I'd be doing today... maybe I'd have a life (only joking), who knows. As a user of HabboHut since around 2006 when they had the blue layout, I've seen the good and bad during my time on this website.

I'm very thankful to Ricky (Rttennis), Toby (Skunkboyjr) and Lee (.Tubes.) who allowed me to become a manager their many years (3 I think) ago.

One thing I will miss most about HabboHut is the amazing people who made my time amazing. Without those people, I probably wouldn't be doing Radio Production, Coding and the like because HabboHut gave me the space to express myself and be me and excel where I could.

I don't count my time there as lost time that can't be made up. I will miss the site and its closure will mark a bit loss in my life (as bad as it might sound).

I want to express my condolences for the closure and wish everyone there the best of luck for their future. My fansite is always looking for new staff if anyone there is interested in joining. :P

To Lee, Toby, Ricky, Kieran and Lizzy, if you ever want to chat, I'm available. I miss our group conversations we had (if we had them, lol)!

R.I.P. HabboHut (2004-2015), 11 Years of Operation.

- Andy
(Used to be known as Andy, Mirageboss, DJ-Bigboss etc. on HabboHut)

DJ-Tripjay
23-02-2017, 11:19 PM
Hey I remeber sunkboy and you too. Long time no see. I worked there in the young years of my life when habbo was acctualy like my fave game
now i return 3 years later to find That my old Family Is no More. Thanks Rachel , Liss, Gibou ,Lee, Preston, Celine and sunkboy jr for
all those great memories May Habbohut hut's Legacy Live On through Our memories!! Stay Stuck To The Hut!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

SGLF Talk habbo Ah i remember it

Attached
26-02-2017, 01:02 AM
I only DJ'd once in my entire near-15 years on Habbo, but that was on Habbohut in 2005, and I don't think I'll ever forget that.

iJim.
26-02-2017, 09:27 AM
It's sad that HabboHut closed, especially as one of the most iconic; Clubhabbo & Habbox.

It it brings back memories seeing @andings post. As from what I can remember there was a big factor that ruined the site, people
leaving to start another site. One of the higher management (a key member of staff) spent time and collect staff and took
them with them to start another site.

I know this is petty but it's just upsetting and sad that some people are too self centred rather that considering a whole
community.

user11232
17-05-2017, 10:55 PM
RIP HabboHut. Fun times. I learned a lot, made some friends :-)

I was 'Producer', forum owner/manager and DJ at some point, and a Hobba in the UK before the program was scrapped.

DJ-Tripjay
13-06-2017, 07:47 AM
ill miss you - DJ TripJay (slayer of 24hr shows )
all the great times XD XD
I wont let this happen again

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!