PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Posting Statistics (New Stuff!)

Empired
12-05-2015, 09:05 AM
First of all, loving the two new areas. Never would have even thought of putting referrals up so let's see how that goes.

Top thread creator prizes:
Similar to top posting awards? Just kind of copy across the prizes. A userbar for the top thread creator would be nice and you could just call it TOP CONTRIBUTOR or something similar idk.

Referrals:
I think it's fair to say that most weeks people will get 0-1 or possibly 2 referrals. So maybe the prize should be the more you achieve, the higher the prize starting from 2 referrals (rather than just the top 5 people, as the bottom 3 will probably have referred 1 person each). Maybe another "top referrer" userbar could be added in too? I would be prepared to fight to the death over userbars omg. For example:
2 referrals = x tokens
3 referrals = x+50 tokens
4 referrals = x+100 tokens
etc

Oh right also for top poster please can we have a thing where if you get more than X posts in a week you unlock something from the shop that no one else can access? Maybe something to do with writing or winning like a little quill or a champion cup or something. Idk if that would be possible.

Kyle
12-05-2015, 11:59 PM
Maybe make the referrals per month instead so at least there are a reasonable number and award like referrer of the month or w.e

Threads created per week will certainly be interesting from a statistical side of things to see who are the regular content creators and discussion facilitators. Is there any way to look back at previous weeks?

welshcake
13-05-2015, 12:59 AM
I THINK IT'S NOT FAIR THAT EMPIRED AND WELSHCAKE HAD SAME AMOUNT OF POSTS BUT BECAUSE WELSHCAKE IS LIKE FURTHER IN THE ALPHABET THAN EMPIRED, WELSHCAKE CAME LIKE 4TH AND HAD 100 TOKENS NOT 150

FlyingJesus
13-05-2015, 01:42 AM
Referrals are interesting to see and it's good to see that finally becoming something more than just a brag on the profile page (and this could potentially be a good way of getting people to advertise well across the client), but not convinced that thread creation should be rewarded separately to posting - as we've seen for years and years now, it's more important to have threads that generate discussion rather than just allow for a single post and then no return as most Q&A type threads do. If you're going to reward someone for good threads, it should be content based rather than quantitative

ps Empired eats babies

Empired
13-05-2015, 07:37 AM
I THINK IT'S NOT FAIR THAT EMPIRED AND WELSHCAKE HAD SAME AMOUNT OF POSTS BUT BECAUSE WELSHCAKE IS LIKE FURTHER IN THE ALPHABET THAN EMPIRED, WELSHCAKE CAME LIKE 4TH AND HAD 100 TOKENS NOT 150
YOUR FAULT FOR NOT BEING AELSHCAKE TBH ISN'T IT

Phil
15-05-2015, 05:45 PM
Empired; Thanks for making the thread! Yeah I will probably just make the thread ones the same as the post ones but we will probably see that the same people are getting rewarded for both.

Maybe make the referrals per month instead so at least there are a reasonable number and award like referrer of the month or w.e

Threads created per week will certainly be interesting from a statistical side of things to see who are the regular content creators and discussion facilitators. Is there any way to look back at previous weeks?

Yeah I might actually just make the reffer a motnh prize but still post it weekly so it's like "LOOK HOW YOU'RE ALL DOING, DO BETTER!!"

Yeah I can look at any dates within the last year.

Referrals are interesting to see and it's good to see that finally becoming something more than just a brag on the profile page (and this could potentially be a good way of getting people to advertise well across the client), but not convinced that thread creation should be rewarded separately to posting - as we've seen for years and years now, it's more important to have threads that generate discussion rather than just allow for a single post and then no return as most Q&A type threads do. If you're going to reward someone for good threads, it should be content based rather than quantitative

ps Empired eats babies

While I agree threads are favourably quality over quantity but the forum is very quiet at the moment so I'd rather reward people for actually creating anything for people to participate in. Quality will eventually come with quantity.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!