PDA

View Full Version : What are your thoughts on HabboxForum?

Empired
19-05-2015, 02:34 PM
No, I didn't mean to put this in feedback as this thread isn't asking for ideas or constructive criticism necessarily and will probably end up be people moaning about things without offering any resolutions xx

What do you think of HabboxForum? Has your view changed since you joined- and for better or for worse?

I'd rather be out having a life but I think if I'd never found this forum I'd just be on a different one instead so can't complain too much. I am constantly frustrating by the negative atmosphere adopted by pretty much everyone here, and anyone who shows positivity is usually stamped out by other cynical views mocking it. I know I'm a hypocrite for saying that as I'm part of the problem but nonetheless I do wish it could change.

We've got some great people here but it's such a shame we can't ever seem to attract new people due to the negativity pointed out above. It's weird how much of a community the majority of us have become, probably because we all share the same traits of being some of the world's worst procrastinators and most of us are too lazy to bother going out and meeting *shock* real life people! :o

Your turn x

Zak
19-05-2015, 02:37 PM
The negativity of Habbox users is nothing new. A lot of the problem is that everyone always thinks they are right or they know it all.

Stephen
19-05-2015, 02:52 PM
are you saying that habbox users arent real life peoples?

robots

ALIENS

ALIEN ROBOTS?

k im gonna go back to the shadows and eat my blueberry muffin

wait this isnt spam sorry mods :¬:

lemons
19-05-2015, 02:54 PM
nice way to kill some time

sometimes some juicy dramas

Kardan
19-05-2015, 03:08 PM
Give me one online community that is completely positive. With the internet you will always get people that cause arguments, think they are always right etc.

I like the forum, it lets me talk about stuff I probably wouldn't in real life. I also enjoy doing the Mole, that's quite fun.

Inseriousity.
19-05-2015, 03:22 PM
Attracting new people has little to do with the negativity and more to do with what the negativity is aimed at (lack of ideas, lack of progress etc). It's actually a surprise to some people how positive this community can be. Expectations are so low that you get praise for even trying something new.

I like the forum for its debates and (generally) intelligent people as well as the amazing competitions at www.habbox.com/comps (http://www.habbox.com/comps)

James
19-05-2015, 03:57 PM
Some people seek attention a bit too much & it comes across as annoying...
But the majority of people & the site itself is good.
I'm hoping v7 will liven up the community a bit once released, but somehow I think everyone will just complain about it instead of looking at the good things too.

Kyle
19-05-2015, 04:05 PM
I'm getting a bit sick of this forum as I see this negativity meme expand and populate the forum with cynics and sycophants. The news & rumours section that drove the forum is dead, the habbos have left, and all that's left are grown ass adults attacking one another's beliefs under the guise of 'debate' and acting indifferent or abusive towards members they don't feel are on their intellectual level. Discussion outside of current affairs is dead because it requires actual thought rather than saying what is popular or a variation of what has been said seven times in the same thread already. People used to share stories here, now they'll offer a word and hop over to the next thread.

Sometimes I write replies to threads and then think what's the point and delete them and carry on with my day because nobody's going to respond, so why bother? Forums are meant to be discussion boards but habbox has turned into a series of questions that everybody answers the same way - there's no longer any discussion to be had outside of flat out disagreements.

I miss the days at habbox when everybody spoke to each other on the forum instead of their private chats, when people would make threads without "?" at the end of the title (and sometimes even veer a little bit off topic!), when staff were the community, when +rep displays didn't exist and the spiral of negativity we see today was not so easy to succumb to.

I like habbox though, I've met some cool people here and had some interesting discussions over the years.

David
19-05-2015, 04:22 PM
i went a bit more habbox in general at the end but

not as good as it was when i joined, not much for me around here anymore but difficult to cut out the habit of browsing.
dunno about other fansites but habbox seems to be a breeding ground for catfish.
there's jokes to be had about it's activity but it's far from the least active community around.
management are paranoid with their overly complicated ladder of permissions and restrictions on high staff members.
and i think there's too much reliance on freebies from generous members to get things done, except when they offer to pay for a coder (http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=816462&p=8287403#post8287403) then it's a "no we don't want your help that way".

Empired
19-05-2015, 04:45 PM
Apparently this thread has turned into "What are your thoughts on Empired's thoughts on HabboxForum?". Come up with your own ideas everyone x

And I didn't even notice the staggering amount of negativity in this forum until I joined another one and was able to approach new people despite only having a post count of about 5 and have them be welcoming and they even wanted me to join their little community.. It was such a strange thing and I kept waiting for someone to go "HAHA TROLLED" for the first few weeks until I realised it was probably me rather than them....

Earthquake
19-05-2015, 05:12 PM
from what I have gathered since returning, the forum is dead. the only posts available are questions in the discuss anything.

I rarely see conversation, and when there is, its more of a debate with Conservative & Undertaker.

I also do not like how some forum members hold on to the past, and don't grow up.

Kardan
19-05-2015, 06:47 PM
Apparently this thread has turned into "What are your thoughts on Empired's thoughts on HabboxForum?". Come up with your own ideas everyone x

And I didn't even notice the staggering amount of negativity in this forum until I joined another one and was able to approach new people despite only having a post count of about 5 and have them be welcoming and they even wanted me to join their little community.. It was such a strange thing and I kept waiting for someone to go "HAHA TROLLED" for the first few weeks until I realised it was probably me rather than them....

HAHA TROLLED!

WE'VE BEEN PLAYING THE LONG GAME! GOT YA!

It's worth noting that the forum isn't dead at certain times of the year *cough* Mole *cough*

-:Undertaker:-
19-05-2015, 06:48 PM
A lot is always said about the negativity on HabboxForum but if you look at a lot of other Habbo forums everybody is oh so sweet and overly nice to one another. At least on this forum we can have a laugh with great putdowns, insults, arguments and we're just generally dripping with sarcasm. I prefer it.

Plus we're an older forum so that is expected I think.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!