PDA

View Full Version : What phone should I get?

Monotonous
24-05-2015, 10:48 AM
I don't know what to get i'm leaning towards the s6 but should i get the edge or the normal one or should i get something else?

Advice would be appreciated :)

Oddy
24-05-2015, 12:24 PM
Im going for the s6 edge myself, you seem to get allot more from the small price differences between the edge and s6. The edge seems to be so smooth and fresh :P.

GommeInc
24-05-2015, 02:30 PM
Go to any of the main provider stores and play around with what they have on display and choose from there :) The S6 Edge is pretty good, but you may find it doesn't feel right with you for whatever reason. It's the best advice you can get to avoid bias.

TCGEmily
24-05-2015, 02:36 PM
S6 Edge is pretty cool, but i got myself a Note 4. Bigger screens work for me haha

You should see what you think you need. Do you want to use it for gaming? Or work? Or just plain communication or Social @Monotonous (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=123656); it really does matter then i can advise you on choosing what

Monotonous
24-05-2015, 02:46 PM
You should see what you think you need. Do you want to use it for gaming? Or work? Or just plain communication or Social Monotonous; it really does matter then i can advise you on choosing what

Mainly social and the occasional game but mostly just for social media, music and photos.

- - - Updated - - -

Go to any of the main provider stores and play around with what they have on display and choose from there :) The S6 Edge is pretty good, but you may find it doesn't feel right with you for whatever reason. It's the best advice you can get to avoid bias.

I went yesterday while I was waiting around for someone but they only had the dummy ones on show but they felt the same imo just the s6 was more grippy.

- - - Updated - - -

Im going for the s6 edge myself, you seem to get allot more from the small price differences between the edge and s6. The edge seems to be so smooth and fresh :P.

What more does it have to offer? I mean it looks nice but that's it tbh. Half the feature are a bit pointless like the glowing edge, when do you ever put your phone with the screen facing down :s

AgnesIO
24-05-2015, 02:49 PM

The S6 Edge offers very, very little more for a 20% price hike. Cool technology, but probably only useful for impressing some friends.

Look at the LG G4 too, if you want an attractive looking phone (which I guess you do, given your interest in the S6 Edge) - the leather back is fantastic.

- - - Updated - - -

You should see what you think you need. Do you want to use it for gaming? Or work? Or just plain communication or Social @Monotonous (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=123656); it really does matter then i can advise you on choosing what

Doesn't really make a difference, to be fair.

Monotonous
24-05-2015, 03:00 PM
The S6 Edge offers very, very little more for a 20% price hike. Cool technology, but probably only useful for impressing some friends.

Look at the LG G4 too, if you want an attractive looking phone (which I guess you do, given your interest in the S6 Edge) - the leather back is fantastic.

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't really make a difference, to be fair.

Atm I have the lg g3 and I'm a big fan of LG but honestly I don't like the g4s design.

AgnesIO
24-05-2015, 03:05 PM
Atm I have the lg g3 and I'm a big fan of LG but honestly I don't like the g4s design.

Fair enough - I hate the plastic version, but really like the leather version. I can't see how you can like the G3 design, and not the G4 plastic design, though :P

TCGEmily
24-05-2015, 03:20 PM
Hm it does. @conservative if it doesn't matter, why not just advice him to get an old model of Nokia? It doesn't really matter though he can just communicate

@Monotonous Norm i stay with Samsung Galaxy Notes, but it's up to you! My friend uses hm i think it is the Acer phone . He says it is pretty good. Maybe you can just explore and feel which suits you more? There are many brands which have their good models too many to list here haha

Monotonous
26-05-2015, 10:10 AM
Well I ended up getting the s6 edge in gold :) Can't wait for it to arrive, thanks for the advice guys :)

TCGEmily
26-05-2015, 11:26 AM
Hope you will like it Monotonous; *that suspension while waiting for the goodie to arrive* i feel you!

AgnesIO
26-05-2015, 11:51 AM
Hm it does. @conservative if it doesn't matter, why not just advice him to get an old model of Nokia? It doesn't really matter though he can just communicate

There's a big difference between comparing a 'dumbphone' and a 2014 flagship, to comparing two current flagships with near-identical specifications, on the same operating system. He clearly indicated in his post he wants a flagship phone.

Ridiculous comparison.

TCGEmily
26-05-2015, 01:32 PM
There's a big difference between comparing a 'dumbphone' and a 2014 flagship, to comparing two current flagships with near-identical specifications, on the same operating system. He clearly indicated in his post he wants a flagship phone.

Ridiculous comparison.

conservative;
Okay just a thing i am gonna stop you here.
So what you are saying, all smartphones are like uniform in their functions except for their appearance?
Alright just explain to me why the following are labeled for different expertise. Maybe my ridiculous mind is not processing whatever you are trying to explain.
1. Nexus 6 is labelled and reviewed as one of the top smartphones for gaming.
2. HTC One M8 is labelled and studied as one of the top smartphones for music.
3. HTC One M9 & S6 Edge are labelled under best smartphones for communication & social networking.
4. Samsung Infuse is labelled and recognized as one of the few smartphones for reading news/articles/eBooks/magazines/pdfs.
5. Samsung Galaxy S6 is labelled as the best smartphone for photography overall.
6. iPhone 6 Plus is labelled as the best smartphone for action photography.
7. Samsung Galaxy S5 is labelled as the best smartphone for outdoor photography.
8. HTC Desire Eye is labelled as the best selfie camera smartphone.

Not all smartphones are created equally. They have different specifications and different strengths and weaknesses. So my question is technically very valid. If he prefers a phone for gaming, Nexus 6 would be the best suited for him. If he prefers a phone for photography, Samsung Galaxy S6 would be the best phone for him. You know what i'm saying? Or do i have to write and publish and send to you an encyclopedia of phones with their different abilities or specifications for you to understand with your shallow mind about my simple question to him regarding what he wanted more of a specification like the camera or the graphics for the phone. Because if you really want to go on about my ridiculous comparison, you are so dumb to think that all smartphones are the same. If they are all the same, why do people choose different models? Just because of the appearance? As much as i know, Samsung Note models and the iPhone 6 are like nearly the same size, wide screen and all because they are competing to see who has the most advanced technology and size. So why is there a division in the choosing when all of their specifications according to you are the same? Are they dumb? Users must be really dumb not to choose the same phone throughout since all smartphones according to you are the same.

I can go on, but i have better things that are worth my time doing here than debating with you about phones. I can go all day and night about this ridiculous debate which obviously i was only talking to Monotonous; and i do not think i included you in my conversation with him. If you are gonna reply with that this is a public thread and that you have the rights to argue with me about my point with him, i'd reply back that i didn't tag you in my question, so obviously i am so not talking or asking you. I can always write an argumentative topic on "dumbphones" and flagship phones but i have no time to entertain you because it just might make me even more pissed off talking to an ignorant person.

Since you see an old model of Nokia dumb, are you just ridiculous enough to use the work that is the opposite of smart in smartphones to label the older models "dumb"? Because that is rather well not quite specific. If those phones were dumb, how the hell the person created the screen for words and numbers to pop up for texting and calling? Could you explain that to me please? Actually don't, i do not want to waste time on this subject since Monotonous has already ordered his dream phone. So those people who created the very first gen of phones must be really really ridiculously dumb right? Since some people do not appreciate that the fact our smartphones now actually evolved from those "dumb"phones.

If i am not wrong, all our smartphones were evolved and are evolving from the very first cellphone invented by Martin Cooper. So without his dumb phone, technically i do not think our phones would be this advanced. So if your point is that those old phones are dumb, Martin Cooper must be really really dumb to invent the first cellphone so that people like you won't criticize his intelligence as dumb and that we probably won't have phones that are what they are today.

Well when you said he clearly stated he wanted a flagship phone, he can be talking about the most prime of different brands, and different brands have their different specifications and strengths. So if you still think my question to him, *that doesn't even include you in my question, so i do not know why are you such a busybody? Nah it's a free forum, you can run your mouth and question my question, but your choice of words calling my comparison ridiculous, pisses me off really, but i don't think you care, after all you are the instigator that i will always remember that pisses me off with your immediate answers without thinking twice* well you can carry on talking and arguing because i am gonna ignore you. I talk and share information to those that have valid arguments, not those who has short answers and telling me off that my questions and arguments are ridiculous, because i care less or nothing to argue back with invalids.

Thank you (:
Ps. If you really need an encyclopedia, why don't you venture on a trip over to all the phone companies, do a whole journal about their appearance, their different models, the different parts needed, the difference between the specifications, do a SWOT analysis on all the phones (if you do not know what is SWOT, google it or look it up. It's an architecture thing, i think you don't know what is that right? Don't argue back with my choice of terms because it's a legit acronym in the architectural world so i advise you to look it up before replying that i am a ridiculous girl with dumb, no meaning choice of words), compare all the phones, i think there are over like 100 models of phones and do look deeper into like the very first cellphones and their evolving states and everything basically about phones. Mobile phones to be specific or else you will have to study a lot since we have like house phones too, and that is totally unrelated to what we are talking about. So once you've finished, maybe you can let the people of Habbox have a great look, don't expect much from me, i'll just say " Good job. Congratulations you are finally the expert in mobile phones and can probably start arguing back with me with all your facts and shoot me down. So why don't you start creating that ONE phone, the CHOSEN ONE that can satisfy the needs of ALL PEOPLE so that you can finally justify your "shallow" replies with my stupid dumb idiotic question that wasn't your business at all and justify it with an actual product so that i can apologize to you for letting you read this whole reply and apologize for my ridiculous being in here. ". I think you are the one being ridiculous by trying to provoke me which you have CONGRATULATIONS SUCCESSFULLY made my pissed off day with you. Good luck on your expedition. Hope to see your encyclopedia & product soon!

(:

lemons
26-05-2015, 01:35 PM
wow lol

yes good choice i say

AgnesIO
26-05-2015, 03:05 PM
@conservative (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=36885);
Okay just a thing i am gonna stop you here.
So what you are saying, all smartphones are like uniform in their functions except for their appearance?
Alright just explain to me why the following are labeled for different expertise. Maybe my ridiculous mind is not processing whatever you are trying to explain.
1. Nexus 6 is labelled and reviewed as one of the top smartphones for gaming.
2. HTC One M8 is labelled and studied as one of the top smartphones for music.
3. HTC One M9 & S6 Edge are labelled under best smartphones for communication & social networking.
4. Samsung Infuse is labelled and recognized as one of the few smartphones for reading news/articles/eBooks/magazines/pdfs.
5. Samsung Galaxy S6 is labelled as the best smartphone for photography overall.
6. iPhone 6 Plus is labelled as the best smartphone for action photography.
7. Samsung Galaxy S5 is labelled as the best smartphone for outdoor photography.
8. HTC Desire Eye is labelled as the best selfie camera smartphone.

Evidently, I haven't bothered to read your essay. Lovely though it probably was.

All of the above are opinions of various writers and/or consumers. Different reviewers all come out with different opinions on the above. Virtually nobody can tell the difference between Facebook and Twitter whilst using their S6, S5, HTC One M9 or LG G4.

I would EXPECT a perfectly good experience in gaming, photography, social networking etc in today's flagships. The only let down out of the major flagships today is the M9 for photography.

Perhaps the funniest part of your post is that you say "XXX is labelled as one of the best for...", with the other 'best' ones all being the other flagships. Good work.

TCGEmily
26-05-2015, 03:23 PM
*REMOVED*

Edited by e5 (Forum Super Moderator) - Please do not be rude to other members.

AgnesIO
26-05-2015, 03:56 PM
Sorry you must be semi-illiterate right? Wow talking to you is like talking to those ****** people who love to piss me off on a daily basis. All your opinions, i have a say, but anyway i am too lazy to talk to a shallow minded ridiculous person. Is there a way i can block you? Because seeing your name pop up on my Taptalk is like the dog **** i stepped on a few weeks ago, and no matter how hard i try to clean it, there are still remnants stuck in between the groves of my shoes that makes me pretty pissed off looking at it and feeling it on my shoe, in this case my phone. Perhaps the funniest part is you trying to be all arrogant and a busybody. Like tf is my question your business. I cba by your opinion @conservative (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=36885); so why don't you be CONSERVATIVE and walk your own streets than coming over to mine and teaching me how to walk & talk.

What did I do? You have got angry over nothing? :L

I will give you some time anyway, mainly because it is more interesting than revising. A) dumbphone is a commonly used term in gadget journalism to describe phones that do not use a modern OS. B) SWOT Analysis is not an architectural model (although may be used in basic architecture).

Thanks for your kind words though.

- - - Updated - - -

As a side note, enjoy the S6 Edge @Monotonous. Not worth the extra cost to me personally, but it does look absolutely fantastic, and is a top phone!

The Don
26-05-2015, 10:30 PM
Good choice with the edge. I wish I could afford one :P

Evidently, I haven't bothered to read your essay. Lovely though it probably was.

All of the above are opinions of various writers and/or consumers. Different reviewers all come out with different opinions on the above. Virtually nobody can tell the difference between Facebook and Twitter whilst using their S6, S5, HTC One M9 or LG G4.

I would EXPECT a perfectly good experience in gaming, photography, social networking etc in today's flagships. The only let down out of the major flagships today is the M9 for photography.

Perhaps the funniest part of your post is that you say "XXX is labelled as one of the best for...", with the other 'best' ones all being the other flagships. Good work.

If I want a smart phone and plan to take it jogging with me so that I can record my speed/distance using strava then i'm going to want a smaller/lighter phone. If I plan on doing a lot of travelling and watching Films/TV shows on my phone then I would want something that has a bigger screen and more memory/upgradable storage. TCGEmily; asked a perfectly reasonable question.

AgnesIO
26-05-2015, 11:11 PM
Good choice with the edge. I wish I could afford one :P

If I want a smart phone and plan to take it jogging with me so that I can record my speed/distance using strava then i'm going to want a smaller/lighter phone. If I plan on doing a lot of travelling and watching Films/TV shows on my phone then I would want something that has a bigger screen and more memory/upgradable storage. @TCGEmily (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=124282); asked a perfectly reasonable question.

None of those examples were given. I'm sure the user is capable of deciding whether they want a big or small screen, but as they said they are after the S6 Edge, that gives a pretty good indication.

In any case, you're making it sound like I've shot the user (left wing tactic??) - I literally said one, non-attacking line, and the user speaks to me like I'd just spoken ill of her father...

The Don
26-05-2015, 11:32 PM
None of those examples were given. I'm sure the user is capable of deciding whether they want a big or small screen, but as they said they are after the S6 Edge, that gives a pretty good indication.

In any case, you're making it sound like I've shot the user (left wing tactic??) - I literally said one, non-attacking line, and the user speaks to me like I'd just spoken ill of her father...

Point to the part of my post that makes it sound like you "shot" her? Now you are the one overreacting. I was just pointing out why you were wrong in your initial post to Emily because quite clearly there are different phones for different purposes. If you're going to be a pedant and needlessly correct people then try actually being right when doing so.

AgnesIO
26-05-2015, 11:44 PM
Point to the part of my post that makes it sound like you "shot" her? Now you are the one overreacting. I was just pointing out why you were wrong in your initial post to Emily because quite clearly there are different phones for different purposes. If you're going to be a pedant and needlessly correct people then try actually being right when doing so.

My apologies, I interpreted the last bit of your post differently (re-read it, you are correct).

Can't say the same about the rest of your post, as I cannot work out what you are talking about. Realistically, for the average user any of the latest flagships will provide very, very few differences worth noting (Capability wise...)

Prosiary
26-05-2015, 11:45 PM
I am getting the s4 soon (not the best but i hardly use a phone haha), as soon as I can, i'll get the s6 edge.

I'd get the edge if I was you, it looks amazing

TCGEmily
27-05-2015, 12:50 AM
The Don; don't waste your time on such people who always think that they are right because in the end your arguments are still invalid & ridiculous to them. Can't get it through their thick stubborn skulls. They just want to be the one who come out victorious & the right & innocent one that makes himself look stupid & ridiculous who claims he didn't do anything to provoke me with a **** question to my business. You'd just be wasting your time unfortunately.

Bloop
27-05-2015, 01:25 PM
wow lol

yes good choice i say

Typical zitrone on drama ;)

TCGEmily; I think you're taking things too seriously conservative; did make valid points but I don't think it was an attack on you in any way

That long ass reply tho

Good choice I guess just so not to get a pointless mod warning from the boring mods

Luke
27-05-2015, 02:09 PM
The Don; don't waste your time on such people who always think that they are right because in the end your arguments are still invalid & ridiculous to them. Can't get it through their thick stubborn skulls. They just want to be the one who come out victorious & the right & innocent one that makes himself look stupid & ridiculous who claims he didn't do anything to provoke me with a **** question to my business. You'd just be wasting your time unfortunately.

I think you're over reacting a little. Simmer down pet.

Matt
28-05-2015, 08:20 AM
Thread closed to prevent further arguments and the targeting of members.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!