PDA

View Full Version : Paulwalla

Zak
01-06-2015, 12:00 PM
Remember when Sulake hired Paul LaFontaine as their CEO? To all those who knew he was a complete imbecile, just a man in a suit, you were correct. I remember arguing with him - telling him he wouldn't last long because he knew nothing about "our world". He disagreed and failed miserably. Also he appears to be continuing his downward trend with 5 jobs in under 3 years.

Please share your fond memories of Paul as this is his appreciation thread.

After 15 months of leading the Habbo community it is time for me to hand my Staff badge to new leadership. My time as Paulwalla has been amazing, working with a group of industry veterans to support one of the most vibrant and energetic communities on the internet. We have had our ups and our downs together, and through it all Habbos have stood strong in being proud of their community and making it about friendship and fun. I’ve learned much and truly enjoyed engaging with the community. Whether our work to improve the community was popular, or controversial throughout we have heard clearly that Habbos understand their community and know what they want. The interaction has been important. The voice of the community is the strength of the community. Proof of this was clear in the summer. The community weathered a tremendous storm together, and Habbos stood strong. The way you reacted with one strong voice was inspiring. You will be left in good hands. Our new Community Team will lead Staff in the Hotel to serve you. Engagement will increase, and the spirit of Old Habbo will rise again.All the best,
Paul LaFontaine

Haha

Earthquake
01-06-2015, 12:39 PM
Don't attack a man trying to earn a living.

Art
01-06-2015, 12:46 PM
Move on.

Kyle
01-06-2015, 12:51 PM
He wasn't "trying to earn a living", he was a corporate schmuck shipped from a failed disney product who did nothing but harm to habbo and sulake and singlehandedly obliterated any respectability the brand had built up in the 12+ years before he joined. He muted the entire hotel for months and removed all methods of communication, driving all but the very dedicated away from habbo - primarily a CHAT room. He acted unprofessionally by using twitter to argue with habbos and is just a total idiot!

I find it funny that paul lafontaine is still listed as the "current ceo of sulake" on the habboxwiki considering it was brought up like a year ago and he hasn't been CEO for almost 3 years. Loving his LinkedIn too where he states that he "Ended with company on stable footing and bright future." hahahahahahah

the man's a walking joke i hope his furni gets stolen irl

xxMATTGxx
01-06-2015, 01:05 PM
He wasn't "trying to earn a living", he was a corporate schmuck shipped from a failed disney product who did nothing but harm to habbo and sulake and singlehandedly obliterated any respectability the brand had built up in the 12+ years before he joined. He muted the entire hotel for months and removed all methods of communication, driving all but the very dedicated away from habbo - primarily a CHAT room. He acted unprofessionally by using twitter to argue with habbos and is just a total idiot!

I find it funny that paul lafontaine is still listed as the "current ceo of sulake" on the habboxwiki considering it was brought up like a year ago and he hasn't been CEO for almost 3 years. Loving his LinkedIn too where he states that he "Ended with company on stable footing and bright future." hahahahahahah

Loving the last line of your post - Just linked the wiki page to the content staff on skype to update. Let's see how long it takes!

Zak
01-06-2015, 01:08 PM
^ haha I remember him being like that on Twitter.

Move on? I haven't mentioned him in 3 years. I've only brought it up now because I saw Luke's trophy thread lol.

Never knew there were so many Paulwalla fans ;)

wixard
01-06-2015, 01:14 PM
that mute was the most ridiculous thing ever, MEMORIES

wait ive a thread idea

lemons
01-06-2015, 02:57 PM
yh i loved bullying him on twitter but once i made a quick edit of his display pic with bacon hair and he used it 8-)

Joe
01-06-2015, 03:11 PM
he completely messed habbo up, one of the main reasons i lost my interest in the game itself, so good riddance, but then again I hope he moves onto something he's better and more suited to.

it really does show experience sometimes means nothing..

iBlueBox
01-06-2015, 03:49 PM
what does he do now, last i heard he was ceo of a betting company

DJ_Shadow
01-06-2015, 04:02 PM

Reading that line actually made me laugh out loud!

Inseriousity.
01-06-2015, 04:18 PM
lmaoo that mute happened right before the Habbox Olympics and I was like urghhhh this is gonna be a disaster but the mute made it better and more engaging so it wasn't all bad. Personally I think a lot of the problems Habbo were having happened long before he arrived and he's being seen as the scapegoat because he actually tried to get involved with users and now people had a name to vent their frustration out on.

Zak
01-06-2015, 05:34 PM
lmaoo that mute happened right before the Habbox Olympics and I was like urghhhh this is gonna be a disaster but the mute made it better and more engaging so it wasn't all bad. Personally I think a lot of the problems Habbo were having happened long before he arrived and he's being seen as the scapegoat because he actually tried to get involved with users and now people had a name to vent their frustration out on.

Yeah I agree Habbo had problems before he took over.

They've had problems for a while :P

AgnesIO
01-06-2015, 06:03 PM
Don't attack a man trying to earn a living.

Err, sometimes when you are in a big position you need to be accountable. A la Fred Goodwin.

October
01-06-2015, 06:05 PM
I have my trophy from him for participating in the Habbo Council.

I wonder how much it is worth to have a HABBO trophy from the guy who destroyed Habbo. That's always how I refer to it.

Aaron
01-06-2015, 07:38 PM
I have my trophy from him for participating in the Habbo Council.

I wonder how much it is worth to have a HABBO trophy from the guy who destroyed Habbo. That's always how I refer to it.

I also got one too, forgot about that! :P

DPS
03-06-2015, 05:29 PM
He was so stupid his skype got hacked by a habbo lol

Mikey
03-06-2015, 09:25 PM
what does he do now, last i heard he was ceo of a betting company

Here's his LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/paullafontaine

Seems to have done well for himself since then, shame he ruined the Sulake company. :P

GoldenMerc
03-06-2015, 09:31 PM
Very very very rich man now Id assume

andoo89
05-06-2015, 12:44 AM
its easy to blame someone with hindsight but consider the stuff that went on during this tenure.

the sensationalism of the channel 4 report almost single handedly closed down habbo.

despite the issues. I think he did quite well under those circumstances.

Attached
18-06-2015, 10:27 PM
I'm not gonna blame him too much for the state of Sulake*, because Habbo was on the decline anyway and the state of moderation has always been poor, but the way he used to argue on Twitter with obvious trolls was pathetic and beyond unprofessional, and I don't know who thought muting Habbo for a month was a good idea. They're very lucky they were able to recover from that at all.

* Obviously he was rubbish though.

Oddy
19-06-2015, 02:23 AM
To be honest i was not playing allot of habbo during the time he was ceo, i was too bussy running my own fansite and other projects. But from what i've heard he drove habbo down even more, but some good things came out of what he did aswell. There will always be something dragging things down and in this case it was paul.

e5
19-06-2015, 05:28 AM
I almost forgot about him haha! He ultimately made me less active on Habbo because of his actions.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!