PDA

View Full Version : iOS9 + OS X El Capitan

Andings
08-06-2015, 08:42 PM
What's your thoughts on the updates? I've updated my iPad Mini (v1) and seeing a massive improvement in speed. My iPhone 6+ updating now and my Mac will be done later.

What's your thoughts on the changes?

It's not available to the general public as yet. Literally an hour ago, at the World-Wide Developers Conference (WWDC 2015) Apple announced these two OS's. At present they are only available to Developers however in July they will be opening it to the Public Beta (http://beta.apple.com).

xxMATTGxx
08-06-2015, 08:42 PM
Some pretty nice features coming to both platforms - Can't wait to use them!

Stadiums
08-06-2015, 09:28 PM
Watched part of the keynote, some things look pretty cool, wish I had a Mac to use El Capitan though! :(

Chris
08-06-2015, 09:36 PM
Excited for the mac update because it finally brings in a feature that Windows has had for yonks.

xxMATTGxx
08-06-2015, 09:54 PM
Will be interesting to see how Apple Music competes with Spotify. Nice of them to throw a 3 month free trial when it launches.

Joe
08-06-2015, 10:46 PM
When do they come out?

streamzing
08-06-2015, 11:10 PM
I can't wait to get Ios9 plus the Watch os 2 when it launches.
Apple Music will do great so many artists signing up to use them and abandon Spotify.

Mark
08-06-2015, 11:10 PM
Apple Music looks great! Really do wonder if it'll ruin Spotify. Looking forward to Apple Pay also!

lemons
08-06-2015, 11:18 PM
nice apple music although i will probably continue to use spotify for time being

i saw someone with an apple watch for the first time today they looked ridiculous looking at it every 10 seconds walking down the street lol

Nick
09-06-2015, 02:53 AM
YAS SPLIT SCREEN THANK GOD

xxMATTGxx
09-06-2015, 06:35 AM
When do they come out?

Apple Music - 30th June 2015
iOS 9 - Dev Beta Now, Public Beta in July, Full Release in Fall
OS X 10.11 El Capitan - Dev Beta Now, Public Beta in July, Full Release in the Fall

Some of the Apple videos they shown at the event:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1zs0uHHoSw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNUC6UQ_Qvg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSiDIaab2nY

GoldenMerc
09-06-2015, 07:20 AM
Apple Music - 30th June 2015
iOS 9 - Dev Beta Now, Public Beta in July, Full Release in Fall
OS X 10.11 El Capitan - Dev Beta Now, Public Beta in July, Full Release in the Fall

Some of the Apple videos they shown at the event:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1zs0uHHoSw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNUC6UQ_Qvg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSiDIaab2nY
I just dont know if its enough for me to move from spotify

iBlueBox
09-06-2015, 07:26 AM
iOS 9 has some nice features for iPad.

Mainly i'm excited for Apple Pay in the UK! But I'm so happy there bringing native apps to the the watch with watchOS 2.

Joe
09-06-2015, 08:28 AM
I just dont know if its enough for me to move from spotify

I'm in the same boat, but I'll 100% give it a try when it does come out.

xxMATTGxx
09-06-2015, 09:11 AM
I'm in the same boat, but I'll 100% give it a try when it does come out.

Yeah, 3 month free trial? Sure why not Apple!

MotorStefan95
09-06-2015, 05:26 PM
Apple Music looks good, don't think it will have enough to move me from Spotify, but I'll give it a go for the first 3 months then decide.

iOS 9 seems to add a few new features that seem interesting, but I will wait until it is fully released in the fall to put my judgement on it.

OS X El Capitan looks interesting too, sadly I will probably never use it. OS X seems to finally be getting features that Windows has had for years, and the same seems to be happening with Windows. It makes for a better experience for both platforms.

Reality
09-06-2015, 06:01 PM
I kinda failed at the whole free dev beta through the sign up, I paid freaking $99 for the Development team thing, instead of just waiting for them to send me an email to download it instead (oops).
I think some of the features are really neat including how the new management tabs have a layered effect to them as well as the dual screens for the iPad and the ability to have a movie screen on the home screen if you've purchased or rented a movie from the Apple Store (iTunes Store). Nonetheless, even though I paid basically $99 for a free BETA iOS download because I'm impatient I think it's a pretty good update and will look very nice when it's fully released and available for the specified devices that will support the iOS 9 update.

xxMATTGxx
12-06-2015, 06:48 AM
For those who haven't watched the keynote or just want to watch this part again. They showed this intro video which was pretty good/funny at the start:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QdMcf1TwkY

e5
13-06-2015, 06:41 AM
I've got iOS 9 and the new el captain.

I'm liking some of the new features on iOS9 already! A bit slow and buggy but that's to be expected :P.. Not really noticed too much on el capitan!

TheDylan13
13-06-2015, 08:08 AM
Upgraded to iOS 9 but downgraded because of bugs (which is expected of course!)

I haven't really seen all the new features yet for El Capitan, Still need to watch the Keynote. Really excited for apple music though.

Jack!
13-06-2015, 03:09 PM
Anyone able to register my UUID? I'd love you forever haha.

Joe
13-06-2015, 03:51 PM
For those who haven't watched the keynote or just want to watch this part again. They showed this intro video which was pretty good/funny at the start:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QdMcf1TwkY

That's actually funny to be fair.

Oh well, everyones getting it early, I'll just wait till fall ;)

Chippiewill
16-06-2015, 09:55 AM
Fairly interesting about the OSX split-screen, looks like they're trying to get people to use full-screen more.

xxMATTGxx
16-06-2015, 10:06 AM
Fairly interesting about the OSX split-screen, looks like they're trying to get people to use full-screen more.

Okay for people who like full screen but I don't - I want to be able to snap applications side by side (like terminal windows) without going to full screen. At the moment, I'm using a 3rd party application to give me that functionality.

-Nick
16-06-2015, 08:52 PM
Okay for people who like full screen but I don't - I want to be able to snap applications side by side (like terminal windows) without going to full screen. At the moment, I'm using a 3rd party application to give me that functionality.
Does this third party do an app for ios?

xxMATTGxx
16-06-2015, 08:54 PM
Does this third party do an app for ios?

No.

Mark
17-06-2015, 12:23 AM
Looking forward to the release of Apple music, can see me moving from spotify to it. Will try the free trial first. The radio within Apple music looks great tbh, kinda like radio 1. Looking forward to iOS9 also!

Andings
17-06-2015, 01:43 AM
My recap has been posted to my blog. Check it out - http://blog.imandings.com/wwdc-2015-recap-3 (http://blog.imandings.com/wwdc-2015-recap-3)

xxMATTGxx
23-06-2015, 06:54 PM
Beta 2 is now out - Hopefully the battery has been improved.

xxMATTGxx
25-06-2015, 03:54 PM
Apple Music got a big win with Taylor Swift putting all of her music on there including her latest album

e5
26-06-2015, 05:44 AM
Anyone able to register my UUID? I'd love you forever haha.
cost me $8 to do it

- - - Updated - - -

Battery has been shocking, I thought it was just because I had a new phone, it's died half way through the day lol!

Apple Music got a big win with Taylor Swift putting all of her music on there including her latest album
Would you call it a win? :P Instead of the initial plan to not pay artists for 3 months, Taylor Swift has now said they can't have her music unless they pay everyone for that 3 months period when it's free to us, the customer. I do think TS is amazing :D

Andings
26-06-2015, 06:12 AM

Would you call it a win? :P Instead of the initial plan to not pay artists for 3 months, Taylor Swift has now said they can't have her music unless they pay everyone for that 3 months period when it's free to us, the customer. I do think TS is amazing :D
Exactly my thinking gents. I'd say it's a PR stunt, though I doubt it as Taylor has always been outspoken about anything and everything. However the fact she supports Apple puts her in my good books :P

cost me $8 to do it
Be careful (although you probably have). Sometimes sites that day they can register your UDID will SCAM you and take your money, but not register your device for the money you pay. I've always though about selling UDID registrations, but I'm not game enough, lol.

Battery has been shocking, I thought it was just because I had a new phone, it's died half way through the day lol!

What iPhone do you have. I've had bad battery life in iOS 9 BETA 1, but BETA 2 has improved it. It's not 100% fixed, but its better than BETA 1. I have a 6+.

xxMATTGxx
26-06-2015, 06:38 AM
cost me $8 to do it

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly my thinking gents. I'd say it's a PR stunt, though I doubt it as Taylor has always been outspoken about anything and everything. However the fact she supports Apple puts her in my good books :P

Be careful (although you probably have). Sometimes sites that day they can register your UDID will SCAM you and take your money, but not register your device for the money you pay. I've always though about selling UDID registrations, but I'm not game enough, lol.

What iPhone do you have. I've had bad battery life in iOS 9 BETA 1, but BETA 2 has improved it. It's not 100% fixed, but its better than BETA 1. I have a 6+.

I would say it's a win for both parties really, even if Apple is having to fork out money during the 3 month trial for any of their customers. But think about it, who else has Taylor Swift? Because Spotify don't and that is one of their main competitors in this new product they are doing.

I have an iPhone 6 and yeah battery life has gone back to normal levels now with Beta 2 - Thank god for that.

e5
26-06-2015, 10:37 AM
I'm o the iPhone 6 and yeah well the site I use, I've used for years and trust it so didn't see much risk really. Got it for my iPad too. Battery life alright I guess. 75% from 6am this morning so 5 hours - seems ok. I sometimes use low battery mode (GREAT FEATURE) if I think I need it urgently after work. Don't want to have to bring my charger to work everyday!

Shorty
26-06-2015, 11:08 PM
Betas are cool, but it gets boring real quickly when people complain about them. They're developer previews/betas for a reason, not intent for everyday use, hence a closed public beta later on. 8-)

Andings
09-07-2015, 02:42 AM
BETA 3 of both El Capitan and iOS9 are out!

iOS9 - The new News app is supposed to be activated in this installment however it's not available for me in Australia yet :(. General bug fixes and performance improvements also.

El Capitan - I'll download this when I get home.

xxMATTGxx
30-09-2015, 08:40 PM
OS X 10.11 El Capitan is now out in the public and can be downloaded from the App Store on your Mac.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!