PDA

View Full Version : Airbus u-turn: airline company has 'no intention' of leaving UK if it left the EU

-:Undertaker:-
17-06-2015, 04:08 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-33146011

Airbus has 'no intention' of pulling out of UK over EU

http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/660/media/images/83129000/jpg/_83129228_5cc33716-a12a-453e-86a2-6cc1b4e3acbd.jpg

Airbus chief executive Fabrice Bregier has said he has "no intention" of pulling manufacturing out of the UK if the country votes to leave the European Union (EU).

Speaking to the BBC at the Paris Airshow, Mr Bregier said the aircraft manufacturer was committed to its 16,000 employees based in the UK.
He added Airbus had no plans to relocate its British factories.

Airbus has said in the past that a "Brexit" might change its plans

Last month, Airbus UK's chief executive, Paul Kahn, said that if the UK voted to leave the EU in the planned in-out referendum, Airbus would reconsider future investment in the UK.

On Tuesday, Mr Bregier admitted he would have to make a judgement about what the consequences would be for the competitiveness of his business following the referendum.

So I was right.

In other words, he's confirmed what anyone with a brain knows: any business will locate wherever is most favourable and where it can make the best profit, it is as simple as that. Given the UK is one of the most free market countries in the world with the addition of the City of London, free trade is something it could expand and capitalise upon if it left the EU as we would be able to sign Free Trade Agreements (FTAs) with both European and non-European (aka the Commonwealth) countries if we were outside.

Thoughts?

James
17-06-2015, 10:16 PM
ok good article no1 cares

Edited by mdport. (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not post pointlessly.

Zak
18-06-2015, 05:27 AM
any business will locate wherever is most favourable and where it can make the best profit, it is as simple as that.

I think you pretty much summed it up ^^

What a surprise though, scare tactics! Do you think we will leave the EU @-:Undertaker:- ? Or do you think this is a ploy to renegotiate a better deal?

James
18-06-2015, 06:21 AM

What a surprise though, scare tactics! Do you think we will leave the EU @-:Undertaker:- ? Or do you think this is a ploy to renegotiate a better deal?
You may just regret asking that. Best of luck discussing it with him. He won't directly answer the question I highlighted, but he'll just tell you what he thinks and block out any form of argument because he is always right.

18-06-2015, 06:26 AM
ok good article no1 cares

You may just regret asking that. Best of luck discussing it with him. He won't directly answer the question I highlighted, but he'll just tell you what he thinks and block out any form of argument because he is always right.

*REMOVED* what question did you ask me :S

I reckon we're more likely to be forced out by the realities of its end goal rather than leave on our own accord, likelyhood is that nothing will be renegotiated of any substance but it'll be dressed up as something bigger just as they tricked us in the 1975 referendum. But hey there's always hope. :P

At least here's some honesty from Airbus though.

Edited by mdport. (Forum Super Moderator): Please respect all other forum users.

AgnesIO
18-06-2015, 09:37 AM
*REMOVED* what question did you ask me :S

Well, I guess that's one way to make this ridiculously dead section more popular. Well done.

---

In other words, he's confirmed what anyone with a brain knows: any business will locate wherever is most favourable and where it can make the best profit, it is as simple as that
Nobody is debating this; the debate is whether leaving the EU makes the UK less favourable....................(continue more dots for such a bizarre comment)................

Zak
18-06-2015, 11:33 AM
Personally I'm still unsure whether or not it would be a good idea for the UK to leave the EU.. Then again I don't really read up on stuff like this

18-06-2015, 12:43 PM
Well, I guess that's one way to make this ridiculously dead section more popular. Well done.

oh. so nothing to say on his attack on me?

and this section gets more posts than many others, but you can always post alongside me and help rather than sticking the knife in. :) :) :)

Nobody is debating this; the debate is whether leaving the EU makes the UK less favourable....................(continue more dots for such a bizarre comment)................

yes, and here's Airbus now saying what anyone with a thinking mind knew which is that them being here isn't dependent on the EU as the previously tried claiming. Being outside of the EU and even Single Market doesn't mean you suddenly can't trade without tariffs, thanks to the WTO + our economic weight.

...........and i'm still awaiting @Dolphins (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=93499); - who is online - to ask me the question he's seemingly so desperate for me to answer.

James
18-06-2015, 12:59 PM
oh. so nothing to say on his attack on me?

and this section gets more posts than many others, but you can always post alongside me and help rather than sticking the knife in. :) :) :)

yes, and here's Airbus now saying what anyone with a thinking mind knew which is that them being here isn't dependent on the EU as the previously tried claiming. Being outside of the EU and even Single Market doesn't mean you suddenly can't trade without tariffs, thanks to the WTO + our economic weight.

...........and i'm still awaiting @Dolphins (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=93499); - who is online - to ask me the question he's seemingly so desperate for me to answer.
I never asked you a question, nor did i say that. I said you never answer those sort of questions, nor do you even attempt to listen to people who disagree with you. whenever someone proves you wrong, you just bring up eu or ukip or immigration like "well i am right about this". *REMOVED*

Edited by mdport. (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not be rude to other forum members.

19-06-2015, 11:22 AM
I never asked you a question, nor did i say that. I said you never answer those sort of questions, nor do you even attempt to listen to people who disagree with you. whenever someone proves you wrong, you just bring up eu or ukip or immigration like "well i am right about this". *REMOVED*

prove it *REMOVED*

Edited by mdport. (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not insult other users.

AgnesIO
19-06-2015, 01:35 PM
Both of you have turned to personal insults to try to sustain your supremacy. Grow up.

Edited by mdport. (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not post off-topic.

20-06-2015, 12:33 AM
Both of you have turned to personal insults to try to sustain your supremacy. Grow up.

mind your own business and stay out of it. he wanted a response by lighting the fuse and now he's got it.

so @Dolphins (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=93499); why you gone quiet you little oik? nothing to say sweetheart? ran out of witty responses?

Edited by mdport. (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not provoke arguments or be rude to other members.

AgnesIO
20-06-2015, 01:02 AM
mind your own business and stay out of it. he wanted a response by lighting the fuse and now he's got it.

so @Dolphins (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=93499); why you gone quiet you little oik? nothing to say sweetheart? ran out of witty responses?

You called me up for mentioning your attack on him, and not his on you. Now I refer to BOTH of you, and you complain. Honestly Dan, stop embarrassing yourself (again​).

Edited by mdport. (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not post off-topic.

lemons
20-06-2015, 07:23 AM
lol
Thread edited by OddKrAtNo (Trialist Forum Moderator): Please do not post pointlessly, thanks.

James
20-06-2015, 07:39 AM
No, I have a job, doing something with my life. Try it sometime :)
Thread edited by OddKrAtNo (Trialist Forum Moderator): Please do not post off topic, thanks.

GommeInc
20-06-2015, 10:56 AM
I don't see the point in either trying to better each other. All we have is two people who refuse to answer the simplest of questions. We're as ignorant as we were at the start.

20-06-2015, 12:25 PM
conservative; i couldn't care less, you are not the mother teresa of hxf.

I don't see the point in either trying to better each other. All we have is two people who refuse to answer the simplest of questions. We're as ignorant as we were at the start.

what question haven't i answered?

GommeInc
20-06-2015, 03:53 PM
Just realised this was the wrong thread. Dolphins is just been a douche, considering Zak's question wasn't asking for factual information, just your opinion.

Oddy
20-06-2015, 04:43 PM
Guys, please keep it to topic

Chippiewill
20-06-2015, 11:07 PM
Not technically a u-turn, Airbus stated they would reconsider future investment which does not entail them cutting existing jobs from the UK which is what they have stated now.

FlyingJesus
20-06-2015, 11:21 PM
I hate when people make total u-turns on promises made about the outcome of specific situations once they come to light. Wait, this is still all hypothetical and in reference to a situation that hasn't actually come about as of yet? Oh.

Let's all just dance ok

Reality
22-06-2015, 01:29 PM
Guys, please keep it to topic
Seems a bit hypocritical considering your response?

Anyway, I think the likelyhood of the UK leaving the EU I dont think is likely for another few years yet and even then I think its still going to be debatable on weather on not theyre going to pull out considering future econmic and business opporunites and loses over the period inbetween.
I also think the UK will pull out to possibly benefit the Government in power aka Cameron with the immigration policy and the factors surrounding that. Dont think this would be explicitly what they say but i think it wuld be an underlying reason as to why they would.
Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!