PDA

View Full Version : Workmates & Social Media

Phil
17-06-2015, 08:17 PM
Hey,

So just something I've been thinking about recently. Do you add people from your work on your social media accounts? Like I'm not just talking about people on the same level of you but like your supervisors, managers etc. too?

In answering it'd be cool to talk about what you do and stuff.

xxMATTGxx
17-06-2015, 08:18 PM
I haven't added any sort of management/bosses/higher level staff on any social media. Well, only one of them requested but didn't accept it and they haven't mentioned it to me.

Joe
17-06-2015, 08:21 PM
Got my boss on facebook, nothing to hide really. I'm a bartender and my boss it the restaurant manager so that's how we know eachother.

Oddy
17-06-2015, 08:22 PM
Yes i do have some of my previous work partners on facebook, and i chat with them too! I even got my boss on facebook! :)

!:random!:!
17-06-2015, 08:25 PM
No, but my boyfriend doesxD

lawrawrrr
17-06-2015, 08:29 PM
I don't really add people on Facebook, they tend to add me! I've got a few colleagues on Facebook but not too many. My boss keeps saying "oh I should add you so you can see [her child]" but she hasn't... I wouldn't mind though, I don't really use Facebook itself, mainly just the chat!

Samantha
17-06-2015, 08:33 PM
I have most of my work mates on and 5/6 of my superiors. Generally they have added me, someone just started last week and when I got home I had a friend request from them already; nothing like being eager, but I did not even know that she knew my name.

Becca
17-06-2015, 10:45 PM
i have my team leaders on fb and my assistant manager but that's it rly
i'm mates with everyone at work so we ain't bothered

buttons
18-06-2015, 10:04 AM
i don't personally (usually these things happen after a night out and i aint had one yet) but people i work with have our managers on Facebook, it's just one of those places where everyone sort of feels on equal footing? guess it depends where you work.

Empired
18-06-2015, 11:06 AM
I don't have FB so obviously can't have anyone on there, and I do have a twitter account but I don't use it.

They've asked me about snapchat before and I told them I don't have it. I do but I don't really want my colleagues sending me selfies and stuff, especially as I'm just a saturday girl and everyone else works full time. If I had people I was more equal to I would probably add them on social media though.

Zak
19-06-2015, 09:37 AM
I have a lot of my workmates on Facebook. All of them are pretty sound - don't see any problem having them on there. :)

Jazz
23-06-2015, 07:23 AM
Nah, I'm quite new at my work so I haven't got into the circle yet. At my last job I did though, but I worked on a radio so everyone in the station were linked up from my boss and mentor, to the owners etc. Didn't really bother me having them on there

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!