PDA

View Full Version : Lottery

Oddy
17-06-2015, 08:34 PM
If you ever won a lottery and got tons of cash, lets say £25.000.000 for a starter. What would you spend your money on?
Would you keep all of it to yourself? Donate half of it? or just go on a long vacation?

What i would have done:
* Buy my self something really nice like a new computer.
* Take my family on a vacation
* Donate some of it
And last but not the least save something off and continue graduating without thinking on debts :)

lawrawrrr
17-06-2015, 08:44 PM
OMG story time gather round children

Once I bought a lottery ticket (first time ever) and I had it in paper form. The day after the draw I went online and put my numbers in and it popped up with a message saying CONGRATULATIONS you've won £100,000 and I nearly died, I didn't even know what to do! Checked again and I'd put in the wrong DAMNED WEEK and I'd actually won nothing. Thank god it was a lucky dip and not regular numbers or I would have cried.

STORY TIME AGAIN

I bought a lottery ticket last weekend and I woke up to the news that a UK ticket had won the jackpot. I then got an email saying we have important news about your ticket so again i'm FREAKING OUT

I won £5.30

ANYWAY THAT ISN'T VERY RELEVANT TO THE QUESTION SO YEAH

If I won, I'd buy loads of cute pandora jewellery, some nice handbags/shoes, a computer, buy a house in London, give some to my parents/grandparents/sister, prob buy Habbox and spread my wealth. Oh, deffo give some to charity and travel around the world!!!

lemons
17-06-2015, 08:46 PM
live the good life

Oddy
17-06-2015, 08:54 PM
prob buy Habbox hahaha, best idea ever! If sulake would sell i would just buy sulake, make myself admin and live the rich hc life,

FlyingJesus
17-06-2015, 09:01 PM
I'D BUY BEES

dbgtz
17-06-2015, 09:26 PM
Assuming I won right this minute, I would pay off my student debts, set money aside for a house, buy a PC and other things I want. This shouldn't total more than ~£500k if that. I would also make sure the way I do it isn't obvious I have a lot of money (so I pretend I get a mortgage or whatever). I then set aside ~£5 million minus what I've already spent. This leaves £20 million which would be invested. Should these investments pay off is when I share more with the family, but still never say I won the lottery.

Chris
18-06-2015, 11:33 AM
With that amount I just wouldn't even know what to do first. I would buy a house, buy a new car, build a super computer, pay off mine and my parents debts, travel.

Empired
18-06-2015, 11:44 AM
Donate a serious amount to one very specific charity that's close to my heart. But not just "here's the money off u go" kind of donation. I'd want to be involved and so I could know exactly what they were spending the money on, what they hope to find out, what they actually find out, where they can go from there, etc. And I wouldn't donate it all at once. I'd donate maybe a couple of hundred thousand at a time at most so then I can keep tabs on exactly where it all goes, but I'd be happy for them to approach me to ask for more once they'd used up the last donation.

And other than that be super selfish. I don't want a massive house because there's only one of me so I'd rather buy a really nice flat or something because I think I'd prefer that. Buy a non-****** phone and a new laptop that doesn't burn my legs.

Or (this is a daft dream I'm letting you all in on but don't laugh) buy a smallish house with a HUGE garden and build some dog kennels for a maximum of about 6 dogs and set up a private kennel. Also become a dog trainer and have evening classes for puppies or for big dogs, maybe even set up some agility classes if I had time.

AgnesIO
18-06-2015, 04:06 PM
Give a large proportion to charity, similar reasons to Empired.

Drop out of Uni, cover parents retirement etc. Buy myself homes in a few countries. Travel. Travel more.

scottish
18-06-2015, 06:10 PM
Assuming I won right this minute, I would pay off my student debts, set money aside for a house, buy a PC and other things I want. This shouldn't total more than ~£500k if that. I would also make sure the way I do it isn't obvious I have a lot of money (so I pretend I get a mortgage or whatever). I then set aside ~£5 million minus what I've already spent. This leaves £20 million which would be invested. Should these investments pay off is when I share more with the family, but still never say I won the lottery.

get a mortgage with no job, no job history?!?!

OT I would buy a new 500k-1m car, new top end computer, new self designed house then go back to work on monday.

.:TaylorSwift:
19-06-2015, 07:16 PM
The most I won (but someone eles claimed since age) was $10 and 3 times in a row scratch cards for a $1 each. I found out yesterday some lady won 5 million so...

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!