PDA

View Full Version : Apple Music Now Available

e5
03-07-2015, 05:58 AM
So this morning, I got an email to say Apple Music is here and I can start my 3 month trial! Cool...

Log onto my computer and load itunes, the icons changed and I sign up for my free trial, all good!

However, the 'Music' icon doesn't show up on my phone (I am on Beta iOS 9)... Online it says you need to update to iOS 8.4 to get the music app... So does that mean BETA users can't get access to it until they do another beta version? :(

Anyway, it is available and I'm listening to it now through my mac :)

https://www.apple.com/uk/music/membership/

xxMATTGxx
03-07-2015, 07:52 AM
So this morning, I got an email to say Apple Music is here and I can start my 3 month trial! Cool...

Log onto my computer and load itunes, the icons changed and I sign up for my free trial, all good!

However, the 'Music' icon doesn't show up on my phone (I am on Beta iOS 9)... Online it says you need to update to iOS 8.4 to get the music app... So does that mean BETA users can't get access to it until they do another beta version? :(

Anyway, it is available and I'm listening to it now through my mac :)

https://www.apple.com/uk/music/membership/

iOS 9 will be getting a new beta seed early next week (confirmed by Apple) which will give you Apple Music on your iPhone.

Chris
03-07-2015, 10:05 AM
I could use it on my laptop but I would rather wait for the android verion to be out too so I can use it on both.

Vause
03-07-2015, 10:11 AM
I like it so far, but as a spotify fangirl I'm finding it hard to make the change! I'm making the most of the 3 month trial and hopefully I'll get used to it :)

Mr-Trainor
03-07-2015, 07:54 PM
On the first day I had problems when it came to making playlists, as did many many others, but it does seem to be working now and I'm enjoying it and being able to stream Taylor Swift is a plus :P. Only problem is, once the trial is over it'll be twice the price of Spotify because of the lack of student discount.

Samantha
03-07-2015, 10:06 PM
If Apple Music like Spotify then and not iTunes? Is it just a music listening program for a price after a trial?

Vause
04-07-2015, 06:50 PM
If Apple Music like Spotify then and not iTunes? Is it just a music listening program for a price after a trial?

Basically yeah. It looks nicer and stuff and in my opinion the music variety is much bigger then Spotify, but I'm struggling to work out the playlist thing and how to play them without eating up my mobile data. Spotify is just really easy to navigate and stuff, so I'm 50/50 atm!

Tom
04-07-2015, 07:23 PM
I'm yet to active a trial. I dunno whether to do it or not, though. I've used Spotify for so long I'm just used to it. Will have to see what everyone else thinks probably!

Chippiewill
04-07-2015, 09:23 PM
I have too many playlists on spotify to even consider moving to a new service (Otherwise I'd probably move to Google Music for the better local files support).

being able to stream Taylor Swift is a plus :P.
bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Mark
05-07-2015, 01:19 AM
Am I right in saying you can't stream music over mobile data? Tried to do that yesterday on Apple Music and it didn't work.

e5
05-07-2015, 07:09 PM
Not looked too much into it yet but I've was just playing songs and adding it to the next up thing - didn't make a play list, but Apple music is just as convenient as spotify, or will be when I get used to how it works, just waiting for the next ios9 beta update to have it on my phone! Just playing it at work at the moment

xxMATTGxx
05-07-2015, 08:16 PM
Am I right in saying you can't stream music over mobile data? Tried to do that yesterday on Apple Music and it didn't work.

You should be able to, make sure it has permissions to do that. I would have a look myself but haven't started using it yet.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!