PDA

View Full Version : How "old" are you?

Inseriousity.
08-07-2015, 06:42 PM
It's always been a conflict between me and my brother that I am essentially an old man trapped in a young person's body. My brother likes going out drinking and I'd much rather stay in and watch TV or read a book. I act way older than I am, like talking about the news and getting involved with "boring" politics.

Just wondering, who else have hobbies and interests that are usually associated with older people? What are they and what do your friends think about it? Do you get teased about it?

Hannah
08-07-2015, 07:07 PM
Generally the way I act, think and speak tends to make people think I'm older than I am. According to a few people I sound mid-forty onward at times.

Sometimes I feel like it because my body creaks, cracks, aches, shows symptoms of arthritis, etc.

I've always hated clubbing, or going into loud places where you can't speak to your friends. Saying that, I don't really like people, either.

I would much rather sit indoors watching TV or making spreadsheets on Excel or something (love my spreadsheets). Whilst drinking bourbon alongside reading and replying to forum posts.

Then again, not the biggest fan of drinking anymore either - but I wouldn't turn down a Red Stag and Coke right about now. :)

Kardan
08-07-2015, 07:10 PM
I feel my age but I could look younger/older depending on how you look at things.

I don't like going out, partying/drinking, would rather have nights in, so that might make me older, but spending time on a forum and playing computer games probably averages me back to my proper age.

buttons
08-07-2015, 07:47 PM
well i like to both party and stay at home to read, so what does that make me? things aren't 'age appropriate' IMO, I know plenty 50+who still like a drink and a dance and I hope I'm still 'young at heart' at that age. I find it SO annoying when people look down on me cause I like to party, cause I like pop music, cause I don't really give a hoot about politics etc and how everyone who does party is apparently some sort of chav or has below average intelligence.

wixard
08-07-2015, 08:21 PM
it varies

at times i long for my youth of going out, but at the same time i can enjoy staying in

Inseriousity.
08-07-2015, 08:31 PM
I agree Jen. imo you should do what you want to do not what other people expect you should do, this is why I argue with my brother about it all the time because his whole point is that I should want to do these things if I was a normal young man (gender comes into it as well cos he's one of those macho blokes). Sadly, there are social norms that do put a value judgement on these things and age is one of those factors.

Spreadsheets of what, @Hannah (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=46990); :P

Phil
08-07-2015, 09:44 PM
I think I act my age. Sometimes I feel younger than other people who are my age but I'm not really sure why or how that even makes sense. Some people say I look older than I am too but idgi.

Cabl
08-07-2015, 09:54 PM
16 turning 17 :)

-:Undertaker:-
08-07-2015, 11:18 PM
My friends always say i'm a 90 year old man stuck in a young gay guys body.

On the other hand, I feel 16 and wish I was still 16. Although I guess my hobbies/interests of gardening, architecture, interor design and current affairs aren't hip.

_HeyyItsHannah_
09-07-2015, 01:35 AM
Tbh everyone thinks I'm like 6. Or like 12. But I'm only a child at play. Some people when I'm being serious with them think i'm like 18 or 20 lol. I'm a child at heart lol.

YES, PEOPLE, I CAN BE SERIOUS ;)

Tbh the news and politics bore me to death. So I don't do too many things that old people would do.

I don't do too many things that older people would do idk.

YES. I GET TEASED BY MANY PEOPLE AT HABBOX. -.-

Hannah
09-07-2015, 12:53 PM
Inseriousity. all sorts of things. They come in pretty handy ;)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!