PDA

View Full Version : New phone ideas?

Richie
02-08-2015, 11:34 AM
I'm thinking a samsung galaxy s5/s6 but I'm unsure. I have an iPhone 5 at the moment, contact expires 14th of this month. Is there much difference between s5 and s6? any other suggestions?

Nick
03-08-2015, 06:40 AM
Get a samsung galaxy s6 edge. the s6 the sides like roll of the screen which is cool and interesting but s5 is just a bigger updated more modern version of an s4

j0rd
03-08-2015, 09:11 AM
or wait it out until the apple announcement for the next iPhone

Cabl
03-08-2015, 12:45 PM
Iphone 6+ :)

Hannah
03-08-2015, 12:48 PM
You not thought of upgrading to the iPhone 6?
I just got it and I'm very happy with it. Looks a lot more stylish than the 5/5s and the 6 isn't a bad size.
The 6 plus is huge, however.

redtom
03-08-2015, 04:38 PM
My contract runs out in October for my iPhone 5c had it 2 years now and I love it, the plastic back means it just bounces when ever I've dropped it, not had a screen protector on it for about a year now and its spotless. I'd recommend getting one of them since there under £20 a month now including decent data and text. Only down side is the camera is shocking in low light, even with the flash.

peteyt
03-08-2015, 06:15 PM
I have just went from the s3 to the s6 and like it. My s3 was getting too unresponsive if anything I find the s6 is the opposite and sometimes too responsive - when i'm listening to music its so easy to knock it and make it skip.

The battery doesn't last long atm but I've been using it a lot being a new phone and it charges a lot faster with the adaptive fast charging which also tells you how long left till it's finished charging. As well as the power saving mode it has the ultra power saving mode that turns the phone into a basic phone, handy when your battery is low. It also has a built in torch - I used to use an app with my s3 but it wouldn't work when the phone was locked unlike this built in one.

If you've used galaxy phone's previously then the downside is the battery is non removable and there's no sd storage or water/dust protection - think there's a galaxy active out or coming out to add the protection

Nick
04-08-2015, 05:01 AM
I have just went from the s3 to the s6 and like it. My s3 was getting too unresponsive if anything I find the s6 is the opposite and sometimes too responsive - when i'm listening to music its so easy to knock it and make it skip.

The battery doesn't last long atm but I've been using it a lot being a new phone and it charges a lot faster with the adaptive fast charging which also tells you how long left till it's finished charging. As well as the power saving mode it has the ultra power saving mode that turns the phone into a basic phone, handy when your battery is low. It also has a built in torch - I used to use an app with my s3 but it wouldn't work when the phone was locked unlike this built in one.

If you've used galaxy phone's previously then the downside is the battery is non removable and there's no sd storage or water/dust protection - think there's a galaxy active out or coming out to add the protection

what the hell. what happens if you phone freezes up and you cant remove the battery and/or it expands like it did in my s4 lolol

xxMATTGxx
04-08-2015, 08:24 AM
what the hell. what happens if you phone freezes up and you cant remove the battery and/or it expands like it did in my s4 lolol

Well you can't remove batteries on iPhones either and most smartphones are going in that direction if not already to be honest.

Nick
04-08-2015, 10:31 AM
Well you can't remove batteries on iPhones either and most smartphones are going in that direction if not already to be honest.

yeah true, it doesn't particularly put me of getting a new phone though, although it would have if only one phone had but it seems all are doing it now

Monotonous
05-08-2015, 05:56 PM
Get a samsung galaxy s6 edge. the s6 the sides like roll of the screen which is cool and interesting but s5 is just a bigger updated more modern version of an s4

I have the s6 edge and I wish I got the s6 or the s6 active. You barely notice that it rolls off the edge and all the accessories for it are what more expensive. Get the normal one or the active.

Nick
05-08-2015, 11:05 PM
I have the s6 edge and I wish I got the s6 or the s6 active. You barely notice that it rolls off the edge and all the accessories for it are what more expensive. Get the normal one or the active.

Yeah i wasn't too keen myself on getting the s6 edge at first tbh. My dad wants the note edge whatever its called where only 1 edge rolls down, id rather only one side tbh

Monotonous
06-08-2015, 09:08 AM
Yeah i wasn't too keen myself on getting the s6 edge at first tbh. My dad wants the note edge whatever its called where only 1 edge rolls down, id rather only one side tbh

It's the first time I've ever had a Samsung galaxy and honestly i regret getting it. They are slow and laggy due to touch wiz, I prefer my g3 but I've gotten used to it now i guess. Only things I like is the fingerprint reader and the camera; then again none of the new phones have really appealed to me this year. Also I think they are coming out with an s6 edge plus or something which is similar to the note edge.

AgnesIO
07-08-2015, 03:40 AM
Cough LG G4 cough

Considerably cheaper than any other flagship, and a superb phone and stunning camera.

£395 from Amazon, or £315 from Expedite Electronics - used the latter company for mine, and whilst it was imported, absolutely everything is legitimate.

Wait, think you are Irish, not sure if they deliver there..

peteyt
07-08-2015, 07:15 PM

I'm sure I've seen reports that having non removable batteries extends their life as batteries have only so many charges then they go dodgy

Monotonous
08-08-2015, 11:24 AM
I would get a phone from last year like the s5, lg g3 or w.e but i doubt contracts still do last gen phones for upgrades. S6 is best for camera and looks imo.

Oddy
09-08-2015, 04:10 PM
I got the Samsung galaxy s6 edge and i got to admit, really enjoy it. I've had iphones for a couple of years and i think the edge is way better in terms of settings, features and design. but then again i really miss some of the features from the iphone.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!