View Full Version : Therapist report on Habbo Hotel

MelancholySugar
12-08-2015, 12:13 PM
Found an interesting article about Habbo:

https://attentioncyberworld.wordpress.com/

I suggest you all give it a read.

buttons
12-08-2015, 12:15 PM
well it can be applied to most sides of the internet, really. you can't just say "stay away from habbo" because they can go on another site which results in the same online bullying that the anonymity of the internet allows. basically, it should be "stay away from the internet in case you get bullied" but then you could say the same about work, school etc lol

wixard
12-08-2015, 12:21 PM
welcome lounge is an 18+ now, obviously it's going to be full of adults who threaten this behaviour daily

it's not to other kids, it's to other adults of the same age group. obviously it's still bad, a lot of us here have experienced this first hand me included but it's your own fault

DONT OVERSHARE and mix with these people and you'll be just fine

dbgtz
12-08-2015, 12:42 PM
The welcome lounge, abuse was thrown at me and many users asked to take the conversation to other applications such as Skype. A game which is supposedly harmless had already gotten personal and created danger.

I don't see how Skype is inherently dangerous.

The moderation was poor as barely anything was done to remove these people from the scene.

Perhaps the only remotely fair comment she makes about it, but fails to acknowledge the ignore option.

In all honesty, I find it hard to believe she experienced all of what she claims in a couple of days. Yes, things do get leaked but after being a user for as long as I have, it's so uncommon I just fail to believe nude leaks, facebook leaks etc. happened in such a short amount of time. She then pretty much tries to pin flaws with Skype on Habbo, which is absurd to suggest.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Habbo in the grand scheme of things, people just need to be more responsible for their actions (mainly talking about parents).

Kyle
12-08-2015, 01:22 PM
A lot of older habbos play with rose tinted screens and try to brush off the dangers of habbo but she's quite right. There are people asking for sexual favours in every one of the most popular rooms (which are the first that new users go to) and talks of hacking and nudes in many others. There is no neutral safe haven for younger users because they're taken up by older ones (welcome lounge) or are advertised as party rooms (club nx) which people just use to hook up with eachother.

If habbo guardians were doing their job right, they'd be stationed in the popular rooms (like habbo Xs were) and moderate them, but instead they get a badge and sit in mod's rooms doing bugger all.

Hannah
12-08-2015, 02:20 PM
As previously mentioned, moderation is awful so she is right there - but c'mon. It's not just online that this happens - and kids should be taught about keeping their details private, particularly on online games where anonymity is so easy to achieve.

These children obviously struggle already if they're with a therapist, so why are their parents allowing them to be exposed? Then again, if the one child was so deeply upset about not fitting in to an online community, I imagine it'd be much worse if he didn't fit into a group in reality.

It's the whole blaming everything but the parents and culture they're surrounded by rather than actually looking into the factors of reality.

DPS
13-08-2015, 04:23 PM
If you are stupid enough to get bullied on Habbohotel then you deserve it imo

Kyle
13-08-2015, 04:29 PM
If you are stupid enough to get bullied on Habbohotel then you deserve it imo
shut up ginge

DPS
14-08-2015, 11:34 AM
shut up ginge soz dont bully me

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!