PDA

View Full Version : A Rose Bucket - Ends 31st August

James
16-08-2015, 06:53 PM
http://i.imgur.com/bwipHQS.png

So we've all got them. Those certain words that you read wrong in your head, but say correctly out loud. I noticed this for me today when I was restocking the flower stand at work and I called a rose bouquet a "rose bucket" in my head. Of course I know how to correctly pronounce it, but that's so much effort to say, and as nobody can listen into your head, why waste the extra energy when you know what you mean anyway. Another one I struggle with is "mangetout" - The vegetable. In my head, I always say "mange-towt", when it's "mange-toe". But again, I say it correctly out loud.

For this competition, I would like you to tell me a word you pronounce incorrectly in your head, but correctly out loud, and why. The funniest will win.

Prize: 5 Credits and 15 Rep

Alysha
24-08-2015, 11:55 PM
Gourmet - like gor-mut in my head, because Lauren knew someone who wanted to be a 'proper chif' and since then I haven't been able to get gormut out of my head. So funny, let me win.

Katy
25-08-2015, 12:45 AM
Towel.

I don't think I even say it right out loud. I pronounce it tahwool in my head and tawl out loud.

Hannah
25-08-2015, 10:06 AM
Beautiful.

Thanks to Bruce Almighty any time I see the word beautiful, in my head I say 'BE - EE - AY - YOUTIFUL

Katy
25-08-2015, 02:14 PM
Beautiful.

Thanks to Bruce Almighty any time I see the word beautiful, in my head I say 'BE - EE - AY - YOUTIFUL

omg same lmaooo

Post doesn't count, please only post entries in this forum thank you!

_HeyyItsHannah_
27-08-2015, 12:41 AM
unique. "You-ni-cue" weird. but. or aluminium "Ah LOOOOOOOOOOOO min-um" Yeah it's that emphasized.

Sho
30-08-2015, 10:33 AM
espresso
idk, when I think I always think expresso even though I say it perfectly fine???

Expling
30-08-2015, 11:03 AM
archive
I say ar CH ive
I remember saying it on a skype call with zealoux and she started laughing and was like wtf??? AHAHHA
but now I say it correctly outloud but I always keep thinking that's how it's said
it's really hard to not think it
i am glad she told me tho, i'd be so embarrassed if i said it the wrong way to someone irl :')

flyingcheese101
31-08-2015, 06:02 AM
Magazine I say it correct but my head says : mazasign

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!