PDA

View Full Version : Spot Treatment

Hannah
20-08-2015, 06:12 PM
I'm not sure if this is in the right place, but it kind of works with Skin Health, I think?

I've never really suffered with spots, but because of a poor diet with very little food and probably some other crap involved, I've been getting a few spots here and there but I absolutely hate them.

I'm currently trying a whole 3 face treatment which is like a wash, face mask scrub thing and cream and after doing it I got some beasty spot on my cheek. I'm not sure if I'm one of those people that suffer with sensitive faces to things like that and break out more - 'cause every time I've started using them I come out worse.

Is there any creams or treatments or whatever that anyone would suggest. Even if it's a daily face wash to keep them away (preferably one that won't bring more out) D:

buttons
20-08-2015, 06:43 PM
i use the oil cleansing method. I haven't used any products for years and the only time I get spots is when I forget to take off makeup or I drink/eat too much. basically, i use castor oil which deeply cleanses the skin and mix it with olive oil to moisturize the skin! when you first start doing it, your skin gets worse because it's pulling out a lot of dirt, then it gets better.. I love this method :D

dbgtz
20-08-2015, 07:08 PM
You've identified it might be down to poor diet, so why not improve your diet and see if that works?

Hannah
20-08-2015, 09:13 PM
i use the oil cleansing method. I haven't used any products for years and the only time I get spots is when I forget to take off makeup or I drink/eat too much. basically, i use castor oil which deeply cleanses the skin and mix it with olive oil to moisturize the skin! when you first start doing it, your skin gets worse because it's pulling out a lot of dirt, then it gets better.. I love this method :D

I might have to give that a try! :o

You've identified it might be down to poor diet, so why not improve your diet and see if that works?

I'm working on it - though I've always had an awful diet. I either eat too much or eat too little, sometimes I'll go on a healthy eating binge and others will consist of cupasoups and pringles like this week. >.< Though the majority of the time it is salads and stuff - it's just not hitting full nutrition xD

Red
20-08-2015, 09:17 PM
I only ever get hormonal spots on my chin but I have cream from my doctor. Acencide it's called and it works well. I'd deffo recommend getting cream from your doctor rather than store bought stuff!

Hannah
20-08-2015, 09:21 PM
I only ever get hormonal spots on my chin but I have cream from my doctor. Acencide it's called and it works well. I'd deffo recommend getting cream from your doctor rather than store bought stuff!

I might have to give it a try - could also be a factor as I'm on Zelletta which has a side effect of acne. :/

Thank you :}

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!