PDA

View Full Version : Drink Coke/7up

Danny
26-08-2015, 06:13 AM
I am curious, I am a fussy person who doesn't like non branded items like ketchup has to be Heinz etc, I can always taste the difference. I don't like the new Sprite because they reduced the sugar in it, it tastes weird now. But what I wonder about the most is, can anyone else taste the difference between Coke or 7up made in a foreign country? Someone has even given me a glass of coke without me seeing the bottle or can, it didn't taste right so I looked for the can and it was an import from a European country. These things just don't taste right, I just don't know why.

Am I the only one?

xxMATTGxx
26-08-2015, 08:33 AM
I think it depends on the country if they are made different to what we have in the UK but it's not by much. Now I know US versions of coke and so on do taste different compared to the UK. It doesn't bother me that much really, I have cut down on fizzy drinks quite a lot in recent months.

I don't like Fanta Lemon in the UK but I love it when I'm in a hot country as it's so refreshing. Just because of the weather I assume?

Hannah
26-08-2015, 09:00 AM
I believe different countries have different regulations for their food and drink products, so can have more or less sugar in as well as other ingredients. It will definitely make a difference in taste - and I think the most popular example I've heard is that Mountain Dew tastes a hell of a lot better in the US than the UK.

Cerys
26-08-2015, 09:36 AM
I can definitely taste the difference - I'm assuming it might be the type of water they use in the mixture? Obviously water is different in different countries or even parts of the UK eg hard water or how they process it.

MotorStefan95
26-08-2015, 09:36 AM
I do taste the difference between drinks most of the time and it usually doesn't bother me, but if I want the regular Coca Cola and someone gives me cheap alternative it does annoy me (unless I specifically bought it). Lidl does a nice Coke alternative, Freeway Cola, which more or less tastes exactly the same as Coca Cola to me.

I know this doesn't really count, but I just hate Diet Coke and would rather Coke zero instead. I just hate the taste of it.

Absently
26-08-2015, 09:47 AM
I drink fizzy drinks on a very rare occasion, but even then I'll only really drink fanta. I've noticed a difference with fanta in the UK and fanta in Ireland, here it's much lighter, whereas in Ireland it's a much brighter orange and tastes lovely. Not a fan of it here! I feel tango tastes more like the fanta in Ireland

Hannah
26-08-2015, 10:12 AM
I drink fizzy drinks on a very rare occasion, but even then I'll only really drink fanta. I've noticed a difference with fanta in the UK and fanta in Ireland, here it's much lighter, whereas in Ireland it's a much brighter orange and tastes lovely. Not a fan of it here! I feel tango tastes more like the fanta in Ireland

Ooh I'd have thought Ireland would have been the same being with how close it is - and part of the UK. :o

I've always preferred Tango to Fanta, though.

ToxicMint
26-08-2015, 10:25 AM
omfg i agree with orig post ketchup has got to be heinz i think all others are so watery and disgusting. i even have to take my own ketchup with me to mcdonalds since they sold heinz right to burger king!!!

lemons
26-08-2015, 11:11 AM
hmm yes i remember reading an article about dairy milk in australia and other hot countries which doesn't melt in the sun or something but it apparently tastes horrible compared to ours!

also the drinks from the drink machines in ikea are horrible

Samantha
26-08-2015, 11:24 AM
It's weird, I'm pretty much the opposite for the most part - tomato sauce is preferred from Tesco, their own brand. My dad had the Lidl one on holiday and I didn't like it at all! Heinz and that are too rich as I'm used to others.

Now regarding pop, I'm a little biased as my dad used to work in a pop/drinks factory, so we were used to cheap cola, and everything else he had. I love cheap cola, and cheap chocolate as I've grown up with it. However, I will drink Pepsi, I like it a lot more than coke as coke always has a cherry tinge for me.

All in all, I can tell the difference between cheap chocolate to say Cadbury and cheap cola/Pepsi to the actual thing, but it doesn't bother me at all really.

dbgtz
26-08-2015, 11:35 AM
Can't say I had ever really thought about it, though I do remember buying some American stuff last year and thinking how disgusting it was compared to the UK stuff so maybe? I can't say for sure since there aren't those flavours in the UK so I might have just disliked it because of that :P

Ooh I'd have thought Ireland would have been the same being with how close it is - and part of the UK. :o

Don't let Sinn Fein hear you say that.

Hannah
26-08-2015, 11:41 AM
Can't say I had ever really thought about it, though I do remember buying some American stuff last year and thinking how disgusting it was compared to the UK stuff so maybe? I can't say for sure since there aren't those flavours in the UK so I might have just disliked it because of that :P

Don't let Sinn Fein hear you say that.

*northern ireland

Kyle
26-08-2015, 11:51 AM
I can taste the difference but I'm not a snob so don't dwell on it. lmfao at different water in the mixture

_HeyyItsHannah_
27-08-2015, 01:24 AM
I can definitely taste the difference - I'm assuming it might be the type of water they use in the mixture? Obviously water is different in different countries or even parts of the UK eg hard water or how they process it.

Water is water lmfao. 2 hydrogens and 1 oxygen. It's all the same.

MKR&*42
27-08-2015, 01:37 AM
Water tastes different depending on how individual countries treat it, whether it's filtered or not and the type of rocks the water pipes run through in a house.

That's why water from one town to another can taste different for people, it's partly down to the rocks.

AgnesIO
27-08-2015, 04:02 AM
Fanta in Asia and Africa (don't know about elsewhere) is bright orange - but it's yellow in the UK. I don't drink enough carbonated drinks to tell the difference though, if I have five bottles in a year that is probably an exaggeration.

xxMATTGxx
27-08-2015, 10:02 AM
I believe different countries have different regulations for their food and drink products, so can have more or less sugar in as well as other ingredients. It will definitely make a difference in taste - and I think the most popular example I've heard is that Mountain Dew tastes a hell of a lot better in the US than the UK.

Yeah Mountain Dew tastes better in the USA than what the UK offers but that's due to one of the ingredients they use is banned in the EU If I remember rightly.

MotorStefan95
27-08-2015, 11:37 AM
It's weird, I'm pretty much the opposite for the most part - tomato sauce is preferred from Tesco, their own brand. My dad had the Lidl one on holiday and I didn't like it at all! Heinz and that are too rich as I'm used to others.

Now regarding pop, I'm a little biased as my dad used to work in a pop/drinks factory, so we were used to cheap cola, and everything else he had. I love cheap cola, and cheap chocolate as I've grown up with it. However, I will drink Pepsi, I like it a lot more than coke as coke always has a cherry tinge for me.

All in all, I can tell the difference between cheap chocolate to say Cadbury and cheap cola/Pepsi to the actual thing, but it doesn't bother me at all really.

This is mostly what its like in my family, we all prefer Tesco/Sainsbury's own brand tomato sauce, but my sister only likes Heinz or McDonalds sauce and refuses to take any other sauce. So we have a bottle for the family and one Heinz bottle for my sister.

We would also get cheap Tesco brand cola for Sunday dinner, you can definitely taste the difference but we don't mind. Still, its nice to get the actual Coca Cola, Pepsi or Freeway Cola from Lidl.

Zak
27-08-2015, 11:53 AM
The Fanta in Egypt and Turkey tastes amazing compared to the UK.

Coke/Sprite/7Up in America tasted pretty much the same as it does here tbh.

Evanora
27-08-2015, 12:01 PM
heinz ketchup is disgusting and tastes like sweet vinegar
my mum makes her own ketchup and it tastes delicious and actually like tomatoes :)

Cerys
27-08-2015, 02:35 PM
Water is water lmfao. 2 hydrogens and 1 oxygen. It's all the same.

No. You're wrong unfortunately. Water is different everywhere depending on how the country, county, or company process it.
Water also comes in two forms, hard and soft, depending on what minerals are within it. This has an impact on taste and other properties within the water such as if it lathers or leaves scale in pipes.

-:Undertaker:-
08-09-2015, 05:23 PM
I can taste the difference between like Coke and Pepsi, especially when I am out in bars drinking and you change bar and it's a different one.

.:TaylorSwift:
10-09-2015, 03:55 AM
Coca Cola from Mexico is a strong scent with a bolder flavor. I find it here in the US to be just sugary. I enjoy the taste of Sprite, so I'm not sure if it's available in other places(with the same name), But I hope to one day try it in a foreign county.

Jake
11-09-2015, 08:15 PM
I can notice the difference easily.
My favorite one is going to greece as the fanta lemon there tastes absolutely amazing!

Cody
13-09-2015, 01:45 AM
A year and 4 months ago I use to drink nothing but Diet Coke and when I drank Coke I hated how sugary it was, however, I know Diet Coke is worse for you than Coke. But this is why I have cut soda out my life!

e5
13-09-2015, 08:45 AM
it's like chocolate in other countries taste different.
I think in hot countries they make it so its less likely to melt in the heat and as a result it tastes different. Guess the Coke out there is also just made to that countries preferences as a whole? not sure :o

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!