PDA

View Full Version : England RWC Squad

Monotonous
27-08-2015, 07:51 PM
Don't know how many of you follow rugby but if you do I would love to hear what you think of the squad. The has been a lot of controversy over it and I know many fans are unhappy (I am one of them) :(

Hookers: Jamie George (Saracens), Rob Webber (Bath), Tom Youngs (Leicester).

Props: Kieran Brookes (Northampton), Dan Cole (Leicester), Joe Marler (Harlequins), Mako Vunipola (Saracens), David Wilson (Bath).

Second rows: George Kruis (Saracens), Joe Launchbury (Wasps), Courtney Lawes (Northampton), Geoff Parling (Exeter).

Back rows: James Haskell (Wasps), Ben Morgan (Gloucester), Chris Robshaw (captain, Harlequins), Billy Vunipola (Saracens), Tom Wood (Northampton).

Scrum-halves: Danny Care (Harlequins), Richard Wigglesworth (Saracens), Ben Youngs (Leicester).

Fly-halves: Owen Farrell (Saracens), George Ford (Bath).

Centres: Brad Barritt (Saracens), Sam Burgess (Bath), Jonathan Joseph (Bath), Henry Slade (Exeter).

Back three: Mike Brown (Harlequins), Alex Goode (Saracens), Jonny May (Gloucester), Jack Nowell (Exeter), Anthony Watson (Bath).

Monotonous
27-08-2015, 08:36 PM
I feel like they missed out with Cipriani, he brings way more to the table and can come on as a maverick. He can also play at 12 and 15; I'm a big fan of him and gutted he missed out but It was never going to happen for him :( Sr Farrell managed to convince Lancaster to keep Owen Farrell and say no to Cips :@

As for centres there is a lot of controversy over Sam Burgess (League convert) many say he lacks experience and just isn't good enough. Personally I am happy for him but I don't think he has proved himself enough to take that spot away from Burrell.

As for the forwards I don't have much to say as I've never experienced playing as a forward but out back row does seem to be weak compared to the likes of Wales and Australia who are also in the pool of death :( This will be a major problem in tight games as I feel as we will be constantly getting turned over.

Zak
27-08-2015, 09:50 PM
Crossed out some players I am unsure of. Put a few in that I think deserve their spots even if they aren't even being considered.

Hookers: Jamie George (Saracens) Dylan Hartley (Northampton), Rob Webber (Bath), Tom Youngs (Leicester).

Props: Kieran Brookes (Northampton) Alex Corbs (Northampton)(injured?), Dan Cole (Leicester), Joe Marler (Harlequins), Mako Vunipola (Saracens), David Wilson (Bath).

Second rows: George Kruis (Saracens), Joe Launchbury (Wasps), Courtney Lawes (Northampton), Geoff Parling (Exeter).

Back rows: James Haskell (Wasps), Ben Morgan (Gloucester), Chris Robshaw (captain, Harlequins), Billy Vunipola (Saracens), Tom Wood (Northampton).

Scrum-halves: Danny Care (Harlequins), Richard Wigglesworth (Saracens), Ben Youngs (Leicester).

Fly-halves: Owen Farrell (Saracens), George Ford (Bath), Danny Cipriani (Sale).

Centres: Brad Barritt (Saracens), Sam Burgess (Bath), Jonathan Joseph (Bath), Henry Slade (Exeter), Manu Tuilagi (Leicester).

Back three: Mike Brown (Harlequins), Alex Goode (Saracens), Matt Tait (Leicester), Jonny May (Gloucester), Jack Nowell (Exeter), Anthony Watson (Bath).

j0rd
27-08-2015, 09:55 PM
surprised Cipriani isn't in there
he's still not a patch on Dan Biggar though

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!