PDA

View Full Version : Apple September 9th Event!

iBlueBox
03-09-2015, 11:36 AM
So,

Apple have an event on September 9th!

Expect:
- New iPhone 6s and 6s plus with better battery, processor and force touch!
- Updated apple tv with an app store! and universal search (finally!)
- New Apple Watch Sport bands!

Rumoured:
- New iPads including iPad Pro (I say October for that event)
- Possibly updated Macs.

Alkaz
03-09-2015, 12:16 PM
I can't wait for the new iPads :(

Hannah
03-09-2015, 12:29 PM
I kind of wish I'd held onto my old phone before upgrading early.

j0rd
03-09-2015, 12:37 PM
hope it's a 7 not a 6s. my 5s is in urgent need of an upgrade

Matt
03-09-2015, 01:35 PM
I don't like the size of the 6+ so I really don't want the new iPhone to be massive. Updated macs and new iPads would be cool.

xxMATTGxx
03-09-2015, 03:31 PM
I don't like the size of the 6+ so I really don't want the new iPhone to be massive. Updated macs and new iPads would be cool.

What about the iPhone 6? You don't have to get the big 6+ :P

Red
03-09-2015, 07:24 PM
What about the iPhone 6? You don't have to get the big 6+ :P
That's too big too! I woukd prefer an iPhone 5 size one as it's easier to hold.

xxMATTGxx
03-09-2015, 07:41 PM
That's too big too! I woukd prefer an iPhone 5 size one as it's easier to hold.

You'll get used to it and fall in love with the screen size. Don't think I could go to a smaller screen phone now.

Tom
04-09-2015, 09:56 AM
I've got a 6 Plus currently and, as Matt says, you just get used to it. For the things I use my phone for (and what I would use it for in the future) the screen size is ideal for me. Tablets are just too big for what I need and I don't REALLY need two devices when I have one that can, really, function as both.

I made a jump from an iPhone 4 to a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 then to an iPhone 6 Plus - so I did quite a jump from the iPhone 4 to the Note 4. It was worth it though I think. It was weird at first, but I just got used to it.

When people say "it's too big for my pocket" - it's generally not. I've had customers come into my work saying the same and I give them mine as an example and it fits nice and snug. Some people may not like snug granted, but people are just too scared of changing to a larger screen.

I'm looking forward to the announcement of the new iPhones. I doubt I'd be able to get one any time soon, though, but it'll be nice to see what they're bringing out!

Luke
04-09-2015, 11:37 AM
I agree with all the above, I went from the 5s to the 6 Plus and at first it was the weirdest feeling ever, but now, when I use my friends' iPhone 5s' it feels tiny and unreadable. Best decision I ever made.

I shall be queuing to buy the 6S Plus or whatever they're gonna call it

Red
05-09-2015, 07:01 AM
You'll get used to it and fall in love with the screen size. Don't think I could go to a smaller screen phone now.
I won't.. I like to run with my phone in hand and the bigger one is gonna be so irritating!! I see people say the bigger screen is good for movies etc but I never watch stuff in my phone anyway.

Mr-Trainor
06-09-2015, 10:10 AM
Looking forward to the event as I'm looking to upgrade from my 5s since I'm having so many problems with battery life. But tbh I don't get the hype surrounding force touch, which is looking to be the main feature of the new phones. Still holding hope that they've done away with the protruding camera though :P.

e5
06-09-2015, 02:23 PM
Excited! Looking to sell my 6 and get the new one :-) It will be the 6s and not 7 I presume with no changes to the way it looks really!

Ms.Aquamarine
06-09-2015, 03:20 PM
I won't.. I like to run with my phone in hand and the bigger one is gonna be so irritating!! I see people say the bigger screen is good for movies etc but I never watch stuff in my phone anyway.

I used to think the 6 Plus would be way too big for me (I had an iPhone 4 for two years) and that it would be hard to hold/type on. I decided to just get it after my contract ended, because I would never know what it was like until I actually tried it. I've had the 6 Plus for three - four months now and I absolutely love it - can't see myself going back to smaller phones. Whenever I hold my 4 now, it feels like I'm holding a toy lool.

As for running, there are sports armbands out there that you can put a 6 Plus in. I purchased one from Amazon a month ago that is touchscreen and allows me to plug my earphones into the phone, but I use Bluetooth headphones anyways.

But hey Kirst, at the end of the day you just go with whatever phone that'll make you happy. :Mini-Smile:

Katy
06-09-2015, 03:30 PM
why cant they wait 2 years I hate not having the newest phone-.-

Snotted
06-09-2015, 03:57 PM
I heard a rumour about a 6c, like the 5c in relation to colour but with more 6 related features!

e5
07-09-2015, 05:50 AM
Did anyone get a notification this morning for the ios9 update? Apparently it was a glitch. I jumped out of bed to update my phone right fast and then it said there was no update!

Red
07-09-2015, 06:10 AM
I used to think the 6 Plus would be way too big for me (I had an iPhone 4 for two years) and that it would be hard to hold/type on. I decided to just get it after my contract ended, because I would never know what it was like until I actually tried it. I've had the 6 Plus for three - four months now and I absolutely love it - can't see myself going back to smaller phones. Whenever I hold my 4 now, it feels like I'm holding a toy lool.

As for running, there are sports armbands out there that you can put a 6 Plus in. I purchased one from Amazon a month ago that is touchscreen and allows me to plug my earphones into the phone, but I use Bluetooth headphones anyways.

But hey Kirst, at the end of the day you just go with whatever phone that'll make you happy. :Mini-Smile:

yea I have one but Dont use it because I like to change my music during it and would need to keep taking it out! Hopefully in the next version they will bring back the smaller style

Reality
08-09-2015, 09:22 AM
Just need a new phone and don't like samsung waiting for new one then will probs upgrade back to iOS and Apple. Was at Carphone Warehouse the other day and I must say the size of the 6+ really doesn't bother me that much compared to the 5 and 5s it feels a lot smoother and runs considerably faster. (obviously)

xxMATTGxx
08-09-2015, 10:37 AM
Did anyone get a notification this morning for the ios9 update? Apparently it was a glitch. I jumped out of bed to update my phone right fast and then it said there was no update!

Was a tease ahead of the event haha.

e5
09-09-2015, 05:44 AM
Was a tease ahead of the event haha.
I was mad :@ :@

Reality
09-09-2015, 07:19 PM
Gimme all the new iPhone's they will be my precious!!! MY PRECIOUS!!!!

j0rd
09-09-2015, 07:27 PM
anyone followed the event?

only really interested in the iphone as that;s the only apple device i'll shamefully purchase. no surprises with it though, just pretty much everything that was rumored which is a shame!
ios 9 will also be available on 16th september

xxMATTGxx
09-09-2015, 07:32 PM
I really like the look of the new Apple TV to be honest, iPhone looks good but I'm in contract so it will be the iPhone 7 next time round for me.

Reality
09-09-2015, 07:35 PM
I agree with Matt love the look of the new Apple TV, will probably purchase that as well coz u know, can't have one without the other! ;)

Love how they made the prices the same as the 6 and will decrease the 6 by $100 in US, and love the new scheme they're going to implement with the Upgrade system for $32 a month.

j0rd
09-09-2015, 07:37 PM
the upgrade program thing will only be available in the US from what i've read

xxMATTGxx
09-09-2015, 08:21 PM
I agree with Matt love the look of the new Apple TV, will probably purchase that as well coz u know, can't have one without the other! ;)

Love how they made the prices the same as the 6 and will decrease the 6 by $100 in US, and love the new scheme they're going to implement with the Upgrade system for $32 a month.

Yeah I have a feeling it's more of a USA thing really.

iBlueBox
09-09-2015, 08:29 PM
If 3D touch is anything like force touch on my apple watch than i'll be impressed. I never upgrade to S's though only when theirs a big hardware change

Im so excited to see how the iPad Pro sells in work considering we sell a lot of surfaces, though I think a lot will be put off by the OS more than anything but I'm interested

Also I'm now convinced to get an apple tv,

-Nick
09-09-2015, 08:38 PM
I would love the upgrade plan to come to UK.

Mr-Trainor
10-09-2015, 07:31 AM
Apple TV does look good, although I was surprised it grew in size after the rumours indicated it'd get slimmer! However they didn't mention Amazon instant video which is what I use atm.

The iPhone update, if I put aside my hate of the protruding camera, was fairly good. I think I'll preorder, but was disappointed that battery life didn't increase and for anyone who didn't notice, it was subtly confirmed in the keynote that the battery capacity did indeed decrease. Also the weight increased by just over 10% which kinda sounds fairly significant in % terms but hopefully won't be noticeable.

- - - Updated - - -

and love the new scheme they're going to implement with the Upgrade system for $32 a month.

Yeah I have a feeling it's more of a USA thing really.

I would love the upgrade plan to come to UK.
Yeah in the keynote they did say US only at first, but that it'll be coming to other countries soon. I'd expect the UK to be one of the first ones to get it, perhaps early next year?

xxMATTGxx
10-09-2015, 07:42 AM
Apple TV does look good, although I was surprised it grew in size after the rumours indicated it'd get slimmer! However they didn't mention Amazon instant video which is what I use atm.

The iPhone update, if I put aside my hate of the protruding camera, was fairly good. I think I'll preorder, but was disappointed that battery life didn't increase and for anyone who didn't notice, it was subtly confirmed in the keynote that the battery capacity did indeed decrease. Also the weight increased by just over 10% which kinda sounds fairly significant in % terms but hopefully won't be noticeable.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah in the keynote they did say US only at first, but that it'll be coming to other countries soon. I'd expect the UK to be one of the first ones to get it, perhaps early next year?

I'm not sure if Apple TV will get Amazon because Amazon sell their own TV boxes. I mean it would be great if they did develop an app for it because it would be an ideal device.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!