PDA

View Full Version : Retro gaming.

Danny
07-09-2015, 08:03 AM
So I've been looking to purchase an old Sega Mega Drive, as I have so many fond memories of games in that era and console. It got me thinking, what retro games do you wish you could replay?

I've got so many games I want to try and buy that it would be hard to name them all, but I have some great memories of playing games like Toy Story, Jurassic Park, Mickey Mouse's World of Illusion (better than Castle of Illusion in my opinion) Taz-Mania, great game! All these games were brilliant but haven't been released on any of the newer consoles. Unlike the Sonic, Alex Kidd and Altered Beast, which are among the most re-released games on "Mega Collections" for both Xbox and PlayStation consoles.

Jake
07-09-2015, 07:07 PM
I kinda have most of the retro games I wanted/used to play as a kid.
Mario kart, Super smash bros, Mario party on n64.
Tombi, Tombi 2 & all 5 Crash bandicoot games on ps1.
I highly recommend to anyone considering buying games & consoles from their childhood to do it. Brings back a lot of memories!

FlyingJesus
07-09-2015, 08:07 PM
You're better off downloading an emulator and ROMs for your computer, most old games aren't anywhere near as fun when you re-play them years and years later and are best left to memory. Will save you time and space, and you can get old-style controllers with a USB connector for like a fiver on ebay if you want it to feel more real :P

Danny
07-09-2015, 09:44 PM
I can never get emulators to work

Coactum
08-09-2015, 05:54 PM
I can never get emulators to work

I have a Genesis emulator lying around somewhere, it's been a long time, but I'll see if I can fish it out for you tonight. I used to regularly give Toejam & Earl another bash.

Danny
08-09-2015, 06:18 PM
I have a Genesis emulator lying around somewhere, it's been a long time, but I'll see if I can fish it out for you tonight. I used to regularly give Toejam & Earl another bash.

That would be great, thank you!

Coactum
09-09-2015, 03:52 PM
That would be great, thank you!

Sorry I didn't get back to you last night, been stowed off with work. I had a quick look but I got a lotttttt of old cds to go through. Gonna have another crack at it tonight. Tbh I just want the name of the one I had, it's been so long but it was awesome and came prepacked with like 600 roms, all the classics. I'd be very surprised if a torrent wasn't still floating about.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!