PDA

View Full Version : [Question] .....

Darien
08-09-2015, 08:32 AM
Hi....

I'm Darien. :)

Nice to meet you.

Few quick questions and a comment.. Comment first.

1) Don't Worry Be Happy isn't Bob Marley, it's Bobby McFerrin.

Questions

1) Is there a radio shoutout/request thing? If so it's not very prevelant..
2) Is there DJ Profiles, if not, why?

Thread moved by Expling (Trialist Forum Moderator) from Habbox Feedback as I feel it's better suited here!

Xelenna
08-09-2015, 08:37 AM
What he said

Edited by Expling (Trialist Forum Moderator): Please do not post pointlessly, thanks!

James
08-09-2015, 08:38 AM
Hi....

I'm Darien. :)

Nice to meet you.

Few quick questions and a comment.. Comment first.

1) Don't Worry Be Happy isn't Bob Marley, it's Bobby McFerrin.
This is a DJ Error, it's best to contact the DJ directly, as they will have the artist wrong on their panel.

Questions

1) Is there a radio shoutout/request thing? If so it's not very prevelant..
2) Is there DJ Profiles, if not, why?
1) Yes there is, but I believe you have to be registered on Habbox.com to see it??? Someone correct me if that's wrong. If you are registered, it's on the right hand side.
2) Not as far as I know. Mainly because either: We don't want them, or as v7 is still fairly new, lots of things are currently missing and this may be one of them (if we intend to have them).

Hope this helps Darien. :)

Darien
08-09-2015, 08:44 AM
Ahh; I've found it.. Thanks. :)

(P.S. I suggest a button or option to find it from the actual radio panel.)

David
08-09-2015, 09:59 AM
1) Yes there is, but I believe you have to be registered on Habbox.com to see it??? Someone correct me if that's wrong. If you are registered, it's on the right hand side.

you don't it's just so far down the page.
this is why it needs to be moved higher, people don't even know it's there.

when's v8

Darien
08-09-2015, 02:53 PM
^ I'll second that. lol I'm not saying it's bad; just very inconvenient to the point of being a turn-off.. If I wasn't so stubborn about the Bob Marley issue I probably would of left the site right then and there.

Hannah
08-09-2015, 04:05 PM
It's a common misconception that Marley wrote sung that song, as James said it is best to contact the DJ directly if you can as it is their library where it is mislabelled.

As for the request line I'm in complete agreement. It should be higher and this thread should bring some light upon the issue. It's okay if you know it's there, but new users such as yourself may have difficulties trying to find it.

Xelenna
08-09-2015, 07:49 PM
Apparently my first reply was pointless, so I'll elaborate on it.

I agree with what Darien was suggesting, both of us are new and neither him or I were able to locate the radio requests / shoutout box. As previously stated, it's inconveniently located, and should be somewhere more easily visible, like directly beside or below the DJ Panel.

And the reason we suggested having a "DJ Profile section" is because we both feel that it helps listeners become more interested in the DJ they are listening to, and maybe become more involved in the radio.

Having a DJ is great, but having listeners is what really makes a radio.

Years ago, HabboxLive used to be pretty popular from what I can recall, and now the timetable looks like it's empty?

Hannah
09-09-2015, 09:42 AM
Apparently my first reply was pointless, so I'll elaborate on it.

I agree with what Darien was suggesting, both of us are new and neither him or I were able to locate the radio requests / shoutout box. As previously stated, it's inconveniently located, and should be somewhere more easily visible, like directly beside or below the DJ Panel.

And the reason we suggested having a "DJ Profile section" is because we both feel that it helps listeners become more interested in the DJ they are listening to, and maybe become more involved in the radio.

Having a DJ is great, but having listeners is what really makes a radio.

Years ago, HabboxLive used to be pretty popular from what I can recall, and now the timetable looks like it's empty?

The timetable is pretty much always empty. The few DJs that are currently here try to work around their personal lives to get on air when possible. We've even had the forum manager on a few times to fill out some spots. If we could get a few more DJs over we could possibly fill it out - then there would be much more use for DJ Profiles, whereas with how it currently stands I don't feel there's enough DJs to make it somewhat impersonal.

Katy
09-09-2015, 02:15 PM
Also, a lot of DJs will book a slot and jump on the radio when they come online as they are free instead of booking:)

Gina
09-09-2015, 11:19 PM
in terms of DJ Profiles we did have them years back then it was removed
it then came back just before we got v7 so after v7 came obv they became no longer a thing
atm I think you'll have to just search for them on the forum and use the forum profile instead or have a convo if youre interested in the DJ
never know they might make a reappearance or whatever
DJ profiles used to be my fave tho hahah having like "most embarrassing memory" and just random lil comments was nice to read
fav music genre, fav song, fav colour etc

Thomas-TJ
10-09-2015, 08:43 PM
DJ profiles would not be difficult to bring back if it was in favour. Probably just getting priorities on what needs doing first on the site.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!