PDA

View Full Version : Shadow Tiles

Edmond
10-09-2015, 12:52 AM
So this probably applies more to nerdy builders and to be honest there's like 0% chance Habbo would seriously consider this but I came up with the idea of Shadow Tiles for rooms. I was building a window ledge when I got annoyed that you couldn't tell that the blocks were off the ground because there was no shadow.

As a result I've came up with this little illustration of a simple opacity controlled tile system that act as shadows. You can place them as 1x1, 2x1 or 2x2. The dialog that opens when you double click allows you to adjust the opacity the full 0-100% and you can choose to 'Half' the tiles (example being the shadow under the ledge).

It's something I would really like to help give a bit more realism/sense of scale and positioning.

http://i.imgur.com/Rw9ex9o.png

Would be interested to hear everyone's thoughts!

Kyle
10-09-2015, 01:01 AM
I really do wish this existed to make things just that little more realistic. I noticed somebody posted on either instagram or twitter that there should be wall stack tiles too (to place wall items anywhere in the room) and thought it was a really nice idea. Hopefully somebody can code these cool new things so we can have even more building possibilities :)

Edmond
10-09-2015, 02:13 AM
Yeh that's a friend of mines called Pulx who suggested it! wall stacker tiles would be amazing, really hate the complexity of doing a wall glitch. Glad you like the idea! I've sent it as a suggestion to Habbo so we'll see :)

Hannah
10-09-2015, 09:03 AM
Oh wall stacking and shadow tiles would be awesome! The illustration really shows the affect it has and it's so much better than just floating in mid-air without the realism of shadows.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!