PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Go coming to smartphones

Jake
14-09-2015, 12:41 PM
Couldn't see it posted already so thought id post it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sj2iQyBTQs

Pokémon Go, planned for release in 2016, brings the franchise onto smartphones. In partnership with Niantic Labs, creators of a popular augmented reality game called Ingress, players will be able to find the critters in our world, capture them, and battle with others.

An optional wrist wearable called Pokémon Go Plus (Nintendo’s contribution to the partnership) will be available to enhance the experience. Players can perform game actions and receive notifications via the device to alert them about nearby Pokémon.

According to analyst Serkan Toto, DeNA says that this isn’t the first of the partnership games with Nintendo. It is, however, Nintendo’s first serious game announcement in the mobile space.

http://media1.gameinformer.com/filestorage/CommunityServer.Components.SiteFiles/imagefeed/featured/nintendo2016/pokemon-go/Pokemon_GO_Plus_w_strap.png

Pokémon Go is free-to-play, and no monetization details have yet been announced. Android and iOS versions are planned.

I am so excited for this it is unreal. Finally I can be a Pokémon master.
Shame it's next year but it will be amazing if they can pull it off.

Hannah
14-09-2015, 05:46 PM
I'm a little confused - so what do you walk around and then your phone beeps when you walk to a certain location where a pokemon is or? o.o

Jake
14-09-2015, 06:23 PM
I believe so, like from the video it has world events aswell. Like mewtwo at that place.

Hannah
14-09-2015, 06:29 PM
I believe so, like from the video it has world events aswell. Like mewtwo at that place.

Ah that could be pretty cool - though if I were to go anywhere I'd be with people and wouldn't want to use it. D:

Jake
14-09-2015, 06:43 PM
Haha im not bothered about what my friends think. Wait till summer and im in a tshirt with the pokemon wristband connected to my phone like WILD CHARIZARD APPEARED!!!!!!!

It looks so exciting though :)))

Hannah
14-09-2015, 06:44 PM
I can picture it now. I bet if you were to go to Tokyo or something you'd never escape them

Jake
14-09-2015, 06:46 PM
Haha that would be insane! I reckon they might do a few legendary pokemon at comicon or something next year aswell!

Hannah
14-09-2015, 06:47 PM
That actually sounds like such a good idea - or they'll start it up and it'll just fade out and nothing new will appear anywhere D:

Jake
14-09-2015, 06:48 PM
It will! the fanbase pokemon has is outstanding!

Hannah
14-09-2015, 06:51 PM
I don't know, I just think that the more time passes the less will happen with it.

I'm not saying it'll die out - but I think things won't happen with it as often if they were to put legendaries at events and stuff xD

DPS
14-09-2015, 09:42 PM
my life is finally complete

Ms.Aquamarine
14-09-2015, 10:05 PM
My goal now is to become a Pokemon master. To catch them is my real test to train them is my cause...:Cool:

Jake
14-09-2015, 10:19 PM
Ikr guys, this has happened about 5 years too late! But at least its happening!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phil
15-09-2015, 02:54 AM
Is that just geocaching but with Pokemon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!