PDA

View Full Version : Facebook to introduce DISLIKES

Kyle
16-09-2015, 07:53 PM
Facebook is to add a "dislike" button to its social network, founder Mark Zuckerberg has said.

In a Q+A session held at Facebook's headquarters in Menlo Park, California, the 31-year-old said the button would be a way for people to express empathy.

He said Facebook was "very close" to having it ready for user testing.

A "dislike" button has been constantly requested by some users since the introduction of the now-iconic "like" button in 2009.

"People have asked about the 'dislike' button for many years," Mr Zuckerberg told the audience on Tuesday.

"Probably hundreds of people have asked about this, and today is a special day because today is the day that I actually get to say we are working on it, and are very close to shipping a test of it."

However he went on to say he did not want it to be a mechanism with which people could "down vote" others' posts.

Instead, it will be for times when clicking "like" on "sad" posts felt insensitive.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-34264624

What does everybody think about this apparently long-awaited feature?

Expling
16-09-2015, 08:58 PM
I'm sure they had a dislike button for a very small amount of time a few years(months - can't actually remember) ago?
but I'm mixed about it really

It's scary because people will prob just troll and dislike anything random
and it'll get to the point where people are removing people who dislike their posts/pictures

very good for getting your opinion across though
I'm sure it'll be used when certain crap is posted (like inappropriate content and spam stuff)

Red
16-09-2015, 09:02 PM
No, it just breeds negativity. Honestly smh that they would even release that.

Samantha
16-09-2015, 09:08 PM
They might want to add it for say, if someone lost a relative and posted it on Facebook - the dislike button may express that it's an awful time and not just necessarily dislike something someone said.

I think if they keep it on posts, and not images etc. it should be fine.

lemons
16-09-2015, 09:10 PM
trolls trolllsls torllsslslls

no need for it

it will be abused like pointless red arrow on dailymail

David
16-09-2015, 09:32 PM
don't give a shit in the slightest. just waiting for habboxforum's like button.

i laughed when i heard it on the radio though, as if it's worthy of news.

FlyingJesus
16-09-2015, 09:42 PM
Basically just gonna be used by the commies to "prove" how unpopular the government is and pointless stuff like that. Everyone knows that liking a bereavement status doesn't mean you're glad the person is suffering

lawrawrrr
16-09-2015, 10:09 PM
it's not really a dislike button though (I don't like the way a lot of media outlets are reporting it, quite misleading) it's more like "sympathy" button:

Instead, it will be for times when clicking "like" on "sad" posts felt insensitive.

I think it's a good feature! Nice way of being sympathetic without "liking" a post with bad news :(

Phil
16-09-2015, 10:19 PM
But there's nothing stopping people to use it on normal posts and not just sad ones??

MKR&*42
16-09-2015, 10:31 PM
don't give a **** in the slightest

i laughed when i heard it on the radio though, as if it's worthy of news.

This is pretty much how I feel.

Matt
17-09-2015, 10:16 AM
Although I see where they're coming from with the dislike button (for example, disliking posts about an earthquake that killed lots of people) but I can see people disliking profile pictures and all sorts of things to troll.

I don't even use Facebook much anymore, unless it's to get help from someone on messenger.

lemons
17-09-2015, 11:15 AM
well if someone dies and it's really that sad all you have to do is write a comment saying

sorry for your loss elizabeth x :(

has more meaning than a DISLIKE button

Cow
17-09-2015, 12:01 PM
Bit useless but we will see what happens.

Chloe7355
17-09-2015, 02:55 PM
It's kinda a good thing i guess?
But then again not because, a lot of people will prob troll.

Jake
22-09-2015, 12:14 AM
But there's nothing stopping people to use it on normal posts and not just sad ones??

This, Facebook is going to become like Yikyak lol

Mr-Trainor
23-09-2015, 09:48 PM
If the 'sympathy button' is implemented in the right way then it could be a good change, but we'll see. Still waiting on Habbox Forum's like system.. given I'm not on here so often anymore, I keep going to like posts before remembering this forum doesn't have that ability :(.

Phil
23-09-2015, 10:23 PM
If the 'sympathy button' is implemented in the right way then it could be a good change, but we'll see. Still waiting on Habbox Forum's like system.. given I'm not on here so often anymore, I keep going to like posts before remembering this forum doesn't have that ability :(.

So why not just +Rep? :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!