PDA

View Full Version : Future Fears - Ends 17th October

Lex
30-09-2015, 03:24 AM
http://www.habbox.com/staffupload/../assets/images//2015/09/30/d4f683413bb1074e3cca3f8315ad9b99.gif

Recently, I've been reading this amazing book that I initially thought I wouldn't enjoy. The entire setting is based in a post-apocalyptic future that's been completely devastated by nuclear weapons and ongoing war - as usual. Which then got me thinking - why is it always a post-apocalyptic future? I mean, I personally find the future absolutely terrifying. I really do have a fear of what I think the future might be like, but I like to think that we as a race have learned better to destroy the one thing that's keeping us all here and that's our planet - but the author of the story I'm reading obviously disagreed. Good, because it gave me an excellent idea for a competition!

Would it be terrifying? Would it be desolate, or a technological wonderland? Or something else entirely. Would we still be here, do you reckon?
In your own words, thoughts and ideas, describe daily life in the Year 3265. Bonus points for originality and creativity, of course!

Prize: 5 Credits and 15 Rep

Katy
14-10-2015, 11:08 PM
Will honestly be doing nothing cause robots will do it all x

David
14-10-2015, 11:13 PM
roaming the galaxy w/ me lightsaber yo

Triz
15-10-2015, 04:37 PM
The year 3265 eh? Well I don't think much would have changed, but they would have been living under water for the last 265 years, and my great great great gran daughter, she's pretty fine...

Just kiddin'

At the rate the population is rising over the last 50 years, I can see over population long before the year 3265, meaning for possibly centuries, reproducing would have been made illegal unless authorised by government. With the current rate technology has developed in the last 20 years, I can see a massive improvement on current technology and lots of new technology we possibly couldn't even comprehend right now, things that seem almost impossible. Perhaps the kind of things you see in films, such as self-driving cars with 100% non-collision statistics. Crashes will be a thing of the past, as would things such as car insurance. Travel will be much faster due to advanced technology, which would possibly in-turn decrease the cost of travel/deliveries. However I also believe there to be a massive shortage on natural resources such as oil, fresh water sources and food; which would cause global conflicts eliminating most of the population in the process. The word "Forest" would be a myth, as forests would have been cut down many years ago to make space for more houses. Perhaps in-wake of global destruction over natural resources, scientists would have artificially produced replacements for all the natural resources...

Perhaps AI would take over 80% of the jobs we currently do, and would do it a lot better than humans could ever have done them. Nano-technology would be in effect, so a lot of our current technology would be rendered useless and outdated. The phone would be gone, and replaced by nano technology... If you want to call your friend across the planet, you simply just have to think about it. Had an accident and your leg was amputated in the accident? No problem because with nano-technology, doctors are now able to give you a fully working artificial replacement leg.

Just a few of my thoughts.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!