PDA

View Full Version : Hopping Through History - Ends 22nd October

Lex
30-09-2015, 03:35 AM
http://www.habbox.com/staffupload/../assets/images//2015/09/30/385c1c2b2dd96229e8d015400693eb78.gif

Get it? Because they're space hoppers?
Ah, you'll laugh later.

I recently had a raging conversation with my best friend recently about how tough and trying it would be if you were spontaneously transported back in time. Her argument was that you'd be stranded in a world you completely wouldn't recognize, with absolutely no memory. It would be the worst thing you could imagine. That's probably true, but I argued back that it would be a lot more manageable if you didn't forget your memory like her example gave. If you were transported back to the 1750's or something, you could be heralded as the inventor of electricity, or you could predict a number of great tragedies and save hundreds of lives, even.
Thus, I have a large and rather involved competition for you, but one I think will produce some fantastic answers:

Magically and unexpectedly, you suddenly find yourself in the 1800's with what you are wearing, what you know, and nothing else. What challenges do you think you will face, how do you think you will survive, and what knowledge would you use to your advantage?

I appreciate that was a bit of a mouthful to chew for one little competition, but I also think that a little bit of consideration for your answer will yield fruitful results. It certainly did for me. ;)

Prize: 2 Weeks VIP and 15 Rep

Katy
20-10-2015, 01:44 PM
I think I would warn everyone about everything bad that is going to happen so that we could like kill them off before they went mental. I'd write a book and be known sort of like Jesus and i'd go down in history. Although they might think i'm a witch and kill me. But then everyone would love me more because I was a hero.

Cerys
20-10-2015, 02:40 PM
Well the fact we've got nothing but what we're wearing screws me up to begin with considering I'm wearing PJs, and my PJ bottoms have a massive hole in the bum (yes I know I'm a scruff) so noone would take me seriously even if I did use my knowledge to my advantage!!

I don't think I'd use my knowledge to change anything major like warn of world wars etc cos we all know messing with the past proper bugs the present..cmon drew thats basic time travel code ;)

So I'd only affect the past in a very small way which doesn't affect much, but makes my name go down in history - Become the first time traveler ever by going back to 2015.

get me out of the 1800s please.

Lukasaurs
21-10-2015, 09:20 PM
I'd freak everyone out by showing them a phone.. is a phone allowed in this? Maybe? Yey.

Then I'd buy 20 houses with the £2.50 I have in my pocket because that's probably how much they would sell for in the 1800s? idk.. I do GCSE History; doesn't mean I'm good at it.

I'd use my empire of houses to dominate the economy and make all the rich live on the streets cos they're idiots in most films.

The end.

RebLoner
22-10-2015, 06:39 PM
This is a fun one.

The biggest challenge, based on what I would be wearing, would be the fact that people would look at me strangely and attempt to do bad things. I wouldn't mind, as I would be "smarter" than them, and use logical psychology. Finding money might also be an issue, so I might trick people into thinking I'm poor, and can make them rich by donating... they'll never see me again, so it's OK.

I would find Andrew Jackson and figure out how I am related to him, then I would make it my priority to become President, instead of him.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!