PDA

View Full Version : Online vs High Street

Matt
25-10-2015, 05:44 AM
So I think a similar thread has been made on this in the past but I'm interested to see what others think.

I hate shopping so much. I think it's boring and can never find stuff that I really really like. Most of it's really expensive and the thought of going to the shops and coming home empty handed is enough to put me off. Online shopping is more convenient but then there's the whole trying it on and not being able to see it until it arrives (which you might not like it anyway and would have to send it back etc etc).

Do you shop more online or physically go to the shops? Which do you prefer?

Samantha
25-10-2015, 07:53 AM
I like both, I prefer online shops for the sales they do, but physically shopping can make you find a one off for even cheaper too. Online shopping annoys me when they don't have websites that I can properly browse, so I can't look at something online, think I like it then go and try it on physically in the shop.

Red
25-10-2015, 09:35 AM
I find myself doing both but seeing things I like online and then going to look for them in the shop to try them on before I order!! Cause usually there is a lot of things I want that they don't have in store too. Then expensive things I usually add an eBay alert too and wait for them to go up there! I only really buy online from shops that I can return in store or has free returns!

Matthew
25-10-2015, 11:12 AM
i usually do what Red; said and search online but then go into store to try it on. if its just t shirts from a shop i've bought from before then ill sometimes just buy them online as im more confident it'll fit me etc. trousers and coats etc though ill always try on in store before buying

Prosiary
25-10-2015, 11:41 AM
I like shopping but I prefer online for games and computer stuff as it's normally a bit cheaper. I never buy shoes online though, I always buy them in a shop so I know they fit perfect.

buttons
25-10-2015, 12:11 PM
i always end up going shopping, coming home with nothing then buying stuff online. in saying that, I did find a lot of stuff last time I went shopping!! I prefer to go out and try them on but there always seems to be better stuff online.

MotorStefan95
25-10-2015, 12:22 PM
I tend to buy a lot of my stuff online, like stuff for the computer and games, but sometimes I check the shops for deals too. Clothes I generally buy from the shops, unless theres a deal online.

Triz
25-10-2015, 01:09 PM
Always shop online these days. Unless shopping for expensive clothing, as I can't be bothered with the hassle of guessing my size.. easier to just go into the store and try things on, other than that, I go all my xmas/birthday etc.. shopping online because I'm far too lazy.

Alkaz
25-10-2015, 01:28 PM
I love shopping in stores when I'm with my sister, if she's not around then I'll just buy stuff online for next day delivery and if I don't like it I just send it back.

AgnesIO
25-10-2015, 08:54 PM
Certain things are so much better bought in store. Suits and shoes being two examples. I buy most stuff online though.

Cerys
25-10-2015, 09:10 PM
I HATE shopping so much but if I buy clothes online then it isn't gonna fit most likely :( So I have to look in the shop sadly

plus im too impatient to wait for delivery

hardstylemath
17-12-2015, 02:40 PM
I just like to shop online, I can't stand going to shopping for clothes, but I still like to go to the Supermarket for the weekly food shop

thms
22-12-2015, 02:21 AM
don't really go into the city centre enough to do shopping, so i mainly just stick to online as i prefer it a lot more anyway

Matthew
22-12-2015, 03:22 PM
Certain things are so much better bought in store. Suits and shoes being two examples. I buy most stuff online though.

yeah for sure. Can't see a suit bought online ever fitting very well.

Shockwave.2CC
23-12-2015, 01:12 AM
For clothes, I like to got to the high street to get them
Other things, normally online

Josh!
23-12-2015, 01:27 AM
I do 90% of my shopping online. Sometimes I even order my groceries sometimes online via walmart and pick them up

Hannah
23-12-2015, 11:10 AM
I prefer online because I absolutely detest shopping in person. I'm not a people person really, and even grocery shopping will send me into a crazy rage.

As my boyfriend says, I'm the only woman who can walk into every clothes op with unlimited money and still leave with nothing.

Armset
23-12-2015, 02:38 PM
Online shopping is a lot better in terms of how much you can look at, shops can only hold a certain amount of clothing. I always find so much more online, but in person I'm lucky to find a few things in the same shop.

Kasabian
25-12-2015, 01:04 PM
I hate just milling around shops aimlessly. Besides, in this day and age, you can order things from amazon and have them within 2 hours.

xxMATTGxx
25-12-2015, 06:40 PM
I'm really not a fan of going round shops and buying stuff to be honest. It's mainly when the staff keep asking If I need any assistance and I'm like no fuck off. (I know it's their job and they have to) but yeah, I love online shopping. The amount of stuff I buy online, mainly Amazon is crazy.

Jake
26-12-2015, 11:33 AM
I always buy shoes online. Purely as its impossible to find some of the shoes i own in shops along the highstreet. I use online shopping for electronic/games/dvds and shoes. Everything else i get from high street shops.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!