PDA

View Full Version : [HxWeen] Chapter Two: House on Maple Street

James
26-10-2015, 09:07 AM
http://habbox.com/assets/images//2015/10/17/7ae0d4bdefba1d6937f39aa3282a87c4.png

There were few, but absolutely amazing entries. They were all such a great read, but the best entry I read, and also the winner of Chapter One is:
:Cerys!

" The leaves rustled under my feet as I ran, gasping for breath, jumping over the dead, fallen branches strewn on the floor. I could hear it behind me, edging closer and closer, I could almost feel its breathe against the back of my neck...ice cold...as if it had no spirit. No, no it can't be that close, just keep running I thought, my heart racing quicker than it ever has before. Up ahead, a small wooden shed faded into my sight, out of the thick fog that lay before me. Its wood was aged and cracking, its windows now a thick tangle of cobwebs, making it impossible to see what lies inside. That's my only chance, I have to get inside before it gets to me. I push forward through the derelict door using my last shred of energy and collapse onto the ground, dragging myself into the corner. Whatever is out there is still looking for me..I need to get out of this place.

I turn my head around the shed taking in my surroundings, perhaps the last place I'll ever know. The only natural way in or out is the door I just smashed through or the 'window' next to it, leading me straight back into its path. It was a mistake ever coming here, what on earth possessed me into thinking this was a good idea. I had heard the rumours about that house, about what went on in there, but I never thought they were true..atleast I'm away from there now, but not away from it. Hard, irregular thuds of footsteps begin outside, getting closer, sending sharp shivers down my spine.
I need to move, fast.
I look around frantically, seeing a small hole at the bottom of one of the wooden walls. I start kicking and pulling at the small gap, trying to make it bigger, the noise of it still approaching, faster and faster. There, it's almost big enough for me to fit through. I get down onto the dusty floor and start trying to wiggle my way through...somethings got me. The tight grasp around my ankle is firm yet rough. Its hand has something sharp on it which pierces my skin..is it its nails..or even claws..? I feel the blood slowly trickle down my leg as its grip gets firmer, pulling me away from the shed. I grab around for anything to hold onto, my screams filling the shed. It's no use. It is pulling me back out into the darkness...back towards the house on Maple Street. "

A huge congratulations to all of you who entered, lets keep this up!

Key points for Chapter Two:

For Chapter Two, I'd like you to write a paragraph or two introducing the Characters of the story! Their names, gender and personality are completely up to you! Make this your own!
Note: The characters in the winning entry will be carried through the rest of the story!
You may have yourself as a character (if based on 1st person) and you may be the only character. Tell it how you wish to!

Chapter Prize: 25 Credits, 30 Rep, 1 Weeks Forum VIP and 1 Trick or Treat

!:random!:!
27-10-2015, 04:03 PM
Emily baker accompanied me on maple street, long fair haired girl. She giggles all the time but it seemed this misty spooky street has muted her. Ron weasel also is with us. He is a ginger, speccy and annoying kid but still by best friend. Of course there is also me, Brad porter. I would describe myself as a handsome genius, hero and ladies man, but then I'd be lying. All three of us are friends and have been since nursery, strange how we have all grown up and are soon to graduate university.

The same questions are repeating in my head over and over as I walk down maple street why had our lecturer, Professor Dracula brought us here for our trip. Why had he thought it would be "Educational" and where the hell was he?!?! As we started to slower our walking, I know I will get my answers soon.....

** Yesterday my story didn't post and I dunno why so I've put it underneath this as well :)

I am currently on the bus with my friends and some other people from Halloween university. Professor Dracula has arranged a trip that will take place over the whole weekend. "Where?" I hear you cry, well some place he says he grew up, Maple street. *crash* *Bang* 10 minutes later I awake. Our bus seems to have crashed into a tree. I check myself for any injuries , when I hear my friends "brad are you okay?". I stumble to my feet to find everyone has disappeared except for myself and my 2 friends. We get off the bus and head in the direction of maple street, hoping to find them.....

Cerys
27-10-2015, 10:28 PM
*I was originally gonna only do one character but lets add two to make it interesting and i'm carrying on from my last chapter ;) except pretend that the main character got knocked out so has no memory of getting inside the house after being dragged off xxxxx *

A dim light flooded into my vision as I forced my eyes open. Where am I? I tried to drag myself up and off the hard, stone ground but gravity seemed to hold me there, my muscles not seeming to respond. What did I do to deserve this...
Let me start from the beginning - I'm Samanfa. I'm only a quiet, timid girl so I never expected something like this to happen. There have always been rumours about the old, abandoned house up on Maple Street, people said whoever went in never came out. I never listened to them..though maybe I should have. Last week one of my best friends, Matt, went missing. Matt is the only guy I look up to and let order me around, some would make jokes and call him my boss. That's not true though. He's my best friend and has been for 12 years, I'd do anything for him. Everyone claimed he went to the 'haunted' house on Maple Street and never returned but I didn't believe them, people shouldn't spread rumours like that around. I just had to prove them wrong. So here I am, being chased down by what I can only describe as It, stuck mentally paralyzed in fear on the floor of a dimly lit room looking for my best friend..unfortunately the rumours about the house seem more than real.
I slowly adjust to my surroundings and get my bearings and look around. The room is all but empty except for a dark figure curled up in the corner. I move closer, fearful of what it may be. The figure looks up at me, his face coated in dirt and dried blood, a look of relief painted across his face as he sees me. I instantly recognise him.
"Tommy, what are you doing here!?!" Though it's not surprising he's here, he follows me everywhere like a sheep. His expression changes slowly into one of dread and fear, as he raises his hand and shakily points to behind me...

Samantha
27-10-2015, 10:46 PM
I awake, my vision hazy from the unknown that beckoned me, rubbing my eyes I see my own reflection, a mirror perhaps or just my ghost escaping from my body. I'm Liam, a male teenager from Tennessee, I live near Maple Street now and I've always been warned of what lies there - why didn't I listen to those who forbid me to go? My mum Daisy and dad Frank will be worried sick by now, how can I get out and where am I going?

I've never broke rules to this extent before, everything had to be perfect in my life, my world. I have OCD you see, I like things to be just so and everything to run smoothly; this wasn't one of those times and I'm scared to even think what would happen in this house, on Maple Street. If anything's coming to get me tonight, I hope they don't see me, I wear black rimmed glasses and currently have a stripy shirt on - I mean if they find me they would do well in the book of 'Where's Waldo/Wally'... I just hope that I get out of this wretched place safe, normality won't return until I'm back in my own home, with my mum Daisy and dad Frank... if only I'd have told them where I was going... if only I'd listened when they had said not to go down this street, especially near Halloween.

Joe
28-10-2015, 12:30 AM
A few minutes pass and all I’ve been able to decipher is the fact that whatever’s dragging me doesn’t like me, one little bit. The terrain beneath me flattens, and begins the get rougher and harder. It’s the cobbles of Maple Street, and I look up only to see the abomination of the house haze into view. I close my eyes for what felt like an eternity and began to consider how I’ll be getting out of this situation… if I ever do. If my past has taught me one thing, it’s to never just sit there and let things happen. So, I didn’t.

Kicking the thing as hard as I could, it grunted and loosened it’s grip. It lets go and stumbles to the floor, and this was my chance. I lie there, frozen, as it looks back at me. We share an intense gaze for two seconds and, when my instinct takes over, I twist round and begin to run. Run. Run as long as I can. Run as far and as fast and as long as I can. It was only then that my mind paused, when I was physically being more active than I’d ever been before in my life. How did I, Sophie Granger, a 15-year-old school girl who only wants to be a primary school teacher end up sprinting for my life away from a creature like that. My short legs just aren’t cutting it. As I’m lost in this thought, my brunette hair is yanked backwards with enough force that I lost my footing completely and dropped to the ground. The world has just gone hazy, and my vision slowly begins to fade…

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!