PDA

View Full Version : Do you hunt or not? If so deer or moose?

Rachel
30-10-2015, 04:56 PM
I am curious to know if anyone here goes hunting? If so do you hunt moose or deer?

Do you do that for sport or you do that to eat the animal?

I don't go hunting but my uncle's friend gives him loads of moose and deer meat every year so my uncle gives it to us as he doesn't like the meat.

j0rd
30-10-2015, 04:59 PM
no its awful and everyone who does is disgusting

-:Undertaker:-
30-10-2015, 05:08 PM
no its awful and everyone who does is disgusting

but it's better to buy washed meat which probably came from cramped farms in supermarkets?

hunting is great, i would love to try it. Really want to go camping sometime and catch and cook a rabbit/some birds.

Rachel
30-10-2015, 05:45 PM
but it's better to buy washed meat which probably came from cramped farms in supermarkets?

hunting is great, i would love to try it. Really want to go camping sometime and catch and cook a rabbit/some birds.

I went hunting last year sadly didn't get anything but we still enjoyed our time in the woods in our hunting stand =). I do understand some don't like hunting or eating the meat or both and it is understandable. Some does that only for sport as well with their family.

Lewis
30-10-2015, 05:52 PM
I'm 100% against hunting, I would never do so unless I was in unwanted circumstances where I needed to.

Hunting for food or safety is fine in my opinion - but only if it is required for your survival.

Hunting as a sport and/or for your own pleasure disgusts me - it's absolutely sickening.

OldLoveSong
30-10-2015, 05:58 PM
hunting for sport is disgusting, especially when u hear that crap in africa about the beautiful lions and elephants being slaughtered and whatnot for pure trophies, just utter filth and people need to seriously rethink their lives if they get off on killing beautiful creatures to hang on your walls. hunting for your own food and survival is alright but i would personally never do it, i love wildlife and would never kill deer and moose as they're such innocent creatures i see often

AgnesIO
30-10-2015, 06:05 PM
Hunting for endangered species is wrong, alongside hunting for trophy's.

Killing animals for food? Fine.

30-10-2015, 06:14 PM
i don't understand the hunting is sick and not fun angle. at the end of the day, even essential tasks can be made or seen as fun (cooking, painting, gardening, fixing a car) and hunting is just another variation of that. what are we all supposed to don black veils when shooting bunny rabbits and pretend their passing is hugely upsetting? it's a bunny rabbit/fox/bird for pete's sake GET A GRIP. it's fun to aim and it's nice and rewarding when you have succulent pork on your plate. not only that, animal parts such as fur and bones and antlers make great tools and great furniture/clothing: it's there for us to use and make the most of.

said it before and i'll say it again, sheltered townie folk need taking to farms as young children on school trips and shown how the countryside works and where their food comes from. because the reality of life and food is blood, guts and dirt. heaven help us now if there was a war.

David
30-10-2015, 06:14 PM
http://assets.amuniversal.com/bc1ade5070e10132b90b005056a9545d

Lewis
30-10-2015, 06:24 PM
There's nothing normal about having fun in causing the suffering and draining of life in any animal, including humans.

What's even worse is when people actually joyfully smile in photographs with it or keep trophies of it. It's nothing to be proud of.

Although I don't see hunting to be something your proud of, the only way you should be ashamed of it is if you're doing it for your own psychotic desires of murdering for joy and dead photographs/trophies.

It's still awful and disgusting to me if someone enjoys it while actually hunting for food they need, but that's a little better (not by lots) than hunting for mere entertainment alone.

Alkaz
31-10-2015, 01:25 AM
We have a bloke at work who controls the amount of foxes on the golf course so not to ruin it. He has a contract with a consortium that own over 50 golf courses in the UK and he recently went to the Highlands to maintain the deer levels at one course that had a problem. He gave a deer to our head chef who gave us some.

I'd never actively go out to hunt but I did have some of the meat and it was quite nice.

31-10-2015, 10:35 AM
Question for those against hunting.

In the countryside, specifically the British one which is highly managed, due to the lack of predators such as bears and wolves it means the likes of deer will often starve to death as they overpopulate. Is it preferable to those who dislike hunting that the deer starve to death, a most grim way to die with suffering, or that they are hunted and actually made some use of with their meat, bones, antlers and so on?

I apply the same question to polar bears, grisly bears, wolves, foxes etc. I'd be interested to hear an explanation because to me it's straight-forward.

Cerys
31-10-2015, 11:01 AM
Nope I don't go hunting, or even fishing haha xD

Kyle
31-10-2015, 01:43 PM
Hope yalls is vegans

I hunt for sport (though not recently) and cook/eat the meat. Not deer or moose though, pheasants, rabbits, that sort of thing. It's not NECESSARY in a sense that I could buy food just as easily, but it's necessary to fill my leisure time. Wonder what u vehement anti hunters' stance on fishing is? Is that disgusting too?

Lewis
31-10-2015, 01:49 PM
Hope yalls is vegans

I hunt for sport (though not recently) and cook/eat the meat. Not deer or moose though, pheasants, rabbits, that sort of thing. It's not NECESSARY in a sense that I could buy food just as easily, but it's necessary to fill my leisure time. Wonder what u vehement anti hunters' stance on fishing is? Is that disgusting too?

To kill fish for sport / fun I see just as bad and have the same opinions as previously mentioned.

Also just to add - I'm not a vegetarian myself, but I find it ludicrous if a person claims to be a vegetarian yet they still eat fish.

Evanora
31-10-2015, 02:12 PM
dont kill fish thats so cruel and inhumane!! :( :( legit get so sad when i go to the chip shop :/ ///

REALLY who cares about rabbits pheasants and foxes hunt them all u like

AgnesIO
31-10-2015, 04:00 PM
Question for those against hunting.

In the countryside, specifically the British one which is highly managed, due to the lack of predators such as bears and wolves it means the likes of deer will often starve to death as they overpopulate. Is it preferable to those who dislike hunting that the deer starve to death, a most grim way to die with suffering, or that they are hunted and actually made some use of with their meat, bones, antlers and so on?

I apply the same question to polar bears, grisly bears, wolves, foxes etc. I'd be interested to hear an explanation because to me it's straight-forward.

Let nature take its path. To be honest, the only thing that pisses me off is when people take photos next to whatever they have killed holding some huge gun; not even impressive killing something with a gun. Do it without a gun and I'll be slightly more impressed :rolleyes:

Hope yalls is vegans

Stupid comment to make - you can easily be against hunting for sport but still be happy to eat meat.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!