PDA

View Full Version : My Dream Job - Ends 10th November

rnix
01-11-2015, 11:48 PM
http://v6.habbox.com/text/113/My+Dream%20Job

As a kid, I always dreamed of being a chef. I imagined having a really busy restaurant and creating fantastic dishes. Now being an adult, I can't cook toast without burning it! The most adventurous thing I have cooked is probably meatball pasta! (I even burnt that)

Do you have a dream job? Are you currently working towards one, are you working your dream job, or are you like me and it was a total dream!

For this competition, I want you to tell me what was your dream job as a child and how far or close it is to your current career path or goal! (Hopefully closer than me)

Prize: 5 Credits and 15 Rep

Cerys
05-11-2015, 10:47 PM
My first ever dream job was to be a Marine Biologist cos I wanted to swim with the fishies xo

But then I realised you had to be good at science and go to uni and all that stuff that I can't do soo...it's a long forgotten dream ;)

Triz
06-11-2015, 11:41 AM
When I was a kid, my dream job was to become a Police Officer, mainly a Traffic Cop, I always loved the idea of it... However as I grew older the idea slowly faded, and then I got it back again when I was around 15 years old as I was watching a lot of these "Police" shows such as "Police, Camera, Action" or "Police Interceptors" etc..
So I did a Public Services Course at College when I left school, and took a part time job at a local Tescos, just stacking the shelf's (Fun times) - It was about 2 months into this job that I realised I hate people, therefore how can I expect to be civil with them and remain calm and professional when all I wanted to do whilst working for Tescos was to argue back in a petty way and do other various things to them such as.... Murder?

So that idea went out the window because of a personality trait I have :)

Elegance
06-11-2015, 11:24 PM
when i was little i thought being a barbie doll was a real job :) i'd say i'm pretty much there XxxxX

Dentafrice
06-11-2015, 11:39 PM
For as long as I can remember, my dream job has been to build things. The medium that I build things never really mattered to me and I experimented with a variety of them. I worked in construction (masonry, electrical, cabinetmaking), I started a decal production company producing die-cut vinyl decals at the age of 14, I dabbled in hardware and physical product design, and I've written software for the last 13 years of my life.

What I eventually settled with was building things with software. From building fansites during the early days of Habbo to working with a bunch of startups I've been lucky enough to work in a variety of industries with companies and clients all over the world. These days I'm proud to be a Senior Software Engineer at one of the world's most interesting (in my opinion) and valuable startups, Uber.

I'm currently working at my dream job so things are going right on track with my plan! And for that, I have Habbo and this community to thank for the building blocks that led me down this path.

Expling
06-11-2015, 11:46 PM
WELL
when you're young you think crazy
like deep down i've always wanted to be a teacher (still do) but i have had my weird moments where i use to pretend to own a pub or work in a shop (yes where u scan ur toys and making the beep sound pretending u have customers :/) hehhe good times!!

owning/working in a pub was something i wanted to do so i use to like get loads of cups, fill them with water (pretending the tap was a beer pump) and leave them all over the house pretending they were customers' drinks

wanted to be a police officer and my dad bought me this flashing light so i sat in my bedroom with the lights off pretending i was outside pulling over cars, giving tickets and breaking up fights

wanted to work in an airport too so when i was A LOT younger we had this bunk bed and me and my brothers use to pack bags and put them on the bottom bunk then go to the top and sit there pretending we were on a plane

AND LASTLY WE USE TO WANNA WORK AT A WATER PARK SO WE USE TO LIKE GET AN EMPTY BOTTLE OF COKE, PUT HOLES IN IT THEN GO INTO THE GARDEN AND PUT A HOSE PIPE IN IT AND WATER WOULD SPLASH EVERYWHERE WAS SO FUN

but yes my childhood was v fun
what i actually want to be now though is a teacher and i'm on the way of doing it!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!