PDA

View Full Version : Lost - Ends 23rd November

James
16-11-2015, 10:30 AM
http://v6.habbox.com/text/88/Lost

You're on your way to the South Pole for the very first time, but there's trouble! Your Satellite Navigation System keeps dropping out of range. You have no idea exactly where you are and there is no guarantee that it will reconnect. You are so close, just a few more kilometres! You do not have enough supplies to stay too much longer, but what do you do?

For this competition, I would like you to tell me what you would do if you got lost on the way to the South Pole.
Remember: Phones will be out of signal and very little satellite equipment will be working.

Prize: 5 Credits and 15 Rep

Julielol
18-11-2015, 07:11 PM
I would simply wait until night, if it isn't night yet and I would try to find The Southern Cross (Which is only located in The Southern Hemisphere), but since I would be close to the South Pole, I would be in The Southern Hemisphere. It is a group of stars shaped as a cross. It is also very easy to find because the group of stars contains one of the brightest stars in the sky, the blue-white Alpha Crucis. Anyway, the longer axis of the cross will direct me to an imaginary point in the sky. This point is 5 times the length between the two stars of that axis. A line drawn straight from that “point” to the ground marks South. I would simply follow that line until I get south! And nada! South Pole found.

Alkaz
22-11-2015, 11:06 PM
Follow my footsteps home...

FlyingJesus
23-11-2015, 12:16 AM
Go South

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!