PDA

View Full Version : Virgin 200mb internet

Alkaz
25-11-2015, 07:48 PM
I thought out 152mb internet was fast but with the new router and 200mb everything is so fast :O!

Anyone else have the upgrade?

scottish
25-11-2015, 07:56 PM
When will you actually notice the difference between 152>200Mbps though.

You'll get an extra 360MB per minute on downloads but you'd need something noticeable in size to notice the difference.

200Mbps is still nothing compared to speeds that can be achieved.

I went from 150Mbps to 78Mbps when I moved house (no VM in new area) and can't say I noticed anything

peteyt
26-11-2015, 04:06 PM
I really don't understand why they don't get everyone on a decent speed before they upgrade people to speeds like this.

My internet was bad when I lived with my parents until we got fibre. It went from getting about 2mb to about 60/70mb. Now with my own place in the same city I get 6mb which is decent but sadly no Fibre.

I really think they should get fibre rolled out quicker.

Firehorse
29-11-2015, 09:36 PM
I really don't understand why they don't get everyone on a decent speed before they upgrade people to speeds like this.

My internet was bad when I lived with my parents until we got fibre. It went from getting about 2mb to about 60/70mb. Now with my own place in the same city I get 6mb which is decent but sadly no Fibre.

I really think they should get fibre rolled out quicker.

Yeah but you're not on VM are you? Your concern is with Openreach which is a different company, VM have their own cables. Have you checked that fibre to the curb isn't already in your area and you're not just on an ADSL deal?

xxMATTGxx
29-11-2015, 10:15 PM
Yeah but you're not on VM are you? Your concern is with Openreach which is a different company, VM have their own cables. Have you checked that fibre to the curb isn't already in your area and you're not just on an ADSL deal?

Yeah, he's not with Virgin but Sky.

peteyt
14-12-2015, 11:01 AM

That's not my point though. Every broadband/fibre/cable company seem to keep going on about how they've made their fast speed even faster, while the people with the slow speed seem to get left behind. Surely it would make better sense to focus on a key speed e.g. 60mb and get everyone on that before messing around with other speeds or you'll end up with a divide.

I know it's hard to do this with villages and such but with cities, especially when some in the city already have high speeds, it would make sense to roll it out right across the city.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!