PDA

View Full Version : What are you allergic to?

OldLoveSong
02-12-2015, 05:34 PM
do you have any allergies, if so what??

thms
02-12-2015, 06:21 PM
NOTHING! unless there's something i've never tried and i'm allergic to it but how likely is that :')

Ms.Aquamarine
02-12-2015, 07:05 PM
Peanuts!! :(

scottish
02-12-2015, 07:09 PM
nothing

Empired
02-12-2015, 07:27 PM
Ginger and clay. Doesn't have much of an impact on my life to be honest lol

welshcake
02-12-2015, 07:33 PM
just like penicillin

Ginger and clay. Doesn't have much of an impact on my life to be honest lol
rip me

Empired
02-12-2015, 07:36 PM
rip me
I do miss not being able to eat chicken and welshcake on rice :'(

Prosiary
02-12-2015, 07:42 PM
penicillin and amoxicillin

!x!dude!x!2
02-12-2015, 08:14 PM
Stupidity.

But medication wise: penicillin and codeine.

xxMATTGxx
02-12-2015, 08:17 PM
Nothing at this moment in time.

Lex
02-12-2015, 08:28 PM
Vanilla. Yeah, really.

FlyingJesus
02-12-2015, 08:52 PM
Some animal hair but I get used to them after a while usually, so like I could go sniff my cat if I felt like it and it would be weird but wouldn't make my face explode

Elegance
02-12-2015, 08:54 PM
nothing that i know of luckily

thms
02-12-2015, 09:02 PM
Vanilla. Yeah, really.

you are like, soooooooooo vanilla! are you allergic to yourself?

David
02-12-2015, 09:06 PM
Vanilla. Yeah, really.

i can beat that

irn bru

Lex
02-12-2015, 09:10 PM
listen you two, I've absolutely had it with you both.

Cabl
02-12-2015, 09:31 PM
do you have any allergies, if so what??

People... nah jk Everything tbh.

Nick
02-12-2015, 10:42 PM
nothing at all

Drew
02-12-2015, 11:28 PM
lawrawrrr; will love this

I sometimes get mild allergic reactions (swollen lips) to avocado, which is ironic because they are my favourite things to eat and I still eat them almost everyday. I'm allergic to some other tropical fruits too, which makes sense because avocado is a tropical fruit I think??

lawrawrrr
03-12-2015, 12:34 AM
lawrawrrr; will love this

I sometimes get mild allergic reactions (swollen lips) to avocado, which is ironic because they are my favourite things to eat and I still eat them almost everyday. I'm allergic to some other tropical fruits too, which makes sense because avocado is a tropical fruit I think??

what the hell omg ISNT IT WORTH IT THOUGH

I am severely allergic to walnuts & almonds (proven), other nuts (assumed), peanuts, waterproof plasters and I'm a bit allergic to very juicy fruit/veg like aubergines, pineapple and tomato ETC - tongue gets swollen and really itchy so I tend to just avoid foods like that.

I carry an epipen everywhere I go but thankfully I've never had to use it. I keep antihistamine medication at work and home which I do take fairly regularly as my throat often gets restricted - I don't know what it is (possibly dust? There's a lot in my office - or it's just 'healthy' colleagues enjoying a nutty snack despite being asked not to) but yeah not fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drew
03-12-2015, 12:41 AM
what the hell omg ISNT IT WORTH IT THOUGH

I am severely allergic to walnuts & almonds (proven), other nuts (assumed), peanuts, waterproof plasters and I'm a bit allergic to very juicy fruit/veg like aubergines, pineapple and tomato ETC - tongue gets swollen and really itchy so I tend to just avoid foods like that.

I carry an epipen everywhere I go but thankfully I've never had to use it. I keep antihistamine medication at work and home which I do take fairly regularly as my throat often gets restricted - I don't know what it is (possibly dust? There's a lot in my office - or it's just 'healthy' colleagues enjoying a nutty snack despite being asked not to) but yeah not fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so worth it

waterproof plasters tho!! interesting

Martin
03-12-2015, 02:43 AM
Aspartame!

I used to be allergic to strawberries too when I was younger and used to go all blotchy but I grew out of it thank god!

Matt
03-12-2015, 03:55 AM
thankfully nothing (that I know of).

Kyle
03-12-2015, 04:00 AM
social interaction and cat hair

Samantha
03-12-2015, 11:07 AM
Nothing luckily, I'd be useless if I had any though as I nearly bought my sister semi permanent hair dye last year forgetting she's allergic, luckily I went with hair chalk instead (a).

The only somewhat allergic reaction I've ever had, but we don't know what by was last year, I never get cold sores but I got one, so used cream for it, next day my lips were so swollen had to go to the emergency doctor on a Saturday. At the time I was using Blistex Lip Balm and then Blistex Cold Sore Cream so it might have been something in them I guess.

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

.:TaylorSwift:
08-12-2015, 08:57 AM
Little fish eggs they put on sushi, A certain type of fish on sushi (don't know what it's called just know what it looks like), To any scented lotions or anything scented *that contacts skin*, Certain brands of milk (that why I go almond milk all day)
Most Recently Clearsil (The one Habbo Advertised)

Stephen
08-12-2015, 12:44 PM
until I was around 14 or something I was severely allergic to dairy products, eggs, all nuts except pistachios, shellfish, pet hair, bee/wasp stings and penicillin etc. Also can't take aspirin as it makes my asthma bad

when i was little i was in hospital and they gave me milk with cereal and i almost died and that was after they knew I was allergic like wtf trying to kill a cute little kid like me

also i saved a girl at school cos she got stung by a wasp and she went into anaphylactic shock and they only had my epipen in the medicine cupboard or wherever they used to keep my medication

anyway i can eat all nuts except peanuts now
can eat shellfish
not allergic to pet hair anymore
can eat dairy except drinking milk can sometimes make my mouth tickle a bit also some chocolate makes my mouth tickle abit

can eat stuff with eggs in it as long as the eggs are properly cooked. Meringue etc are a nono. Also my sister made pasta once and cooked it with eggs and it wasn't cooked enough and I had the worst heart burn ever along with fat lip lump in my throat etc

I was okay to eat peanuts for like a month then after that I got severely allergic again :¬:

Agnostic Bear
08-12-2015, 03:26 PM
I'm allergic to alcohol and cocoa. Not joking.

The allergy to both is really mild, cocoa in chocolate makes me come out in spots all over the shop. The alcohol allergy makes my face swell up and it gets hard to breathe. STILL DO IT ANYWAY.

buttons
08-12-2015, 04:01 PM
I'm allergic to alcohol and cocoa. Not joking.

The allergy to both is really mild, cocoa in chocolate makes me come out in spots all over the shop. The alcohol allergy makes my face swell up and it gets hard to breathe. STILL DO IT ANYWAY.
yes i wonder if i have an allergy to something in alcohol because i get a blotchy rash ALL OVER my body every time! although weirdly enough my face doesn't get it? i've heard of alcohol flush reaction but that's only a red face. i also get a blotchy chest when i'm nervous or have eaten something spicy too so i might just have sensitive skin receptors, idk?

i also get these reactions to strong cleaning products so i just try natural alternatives or something with less chemicals in it.

Stephen
08-12-2015, 04:47 PM
oh yeah forgot about alcohol
yeah I get really red face and hard to breath. Only happens when I mix certain drinks like beer and whisky

not just my face, happens to parts of my hands arms legs etcetc also any scars I have go super red and hot

Alkaz
08-12-2015, 05:07 PM
Hard work HAHA! As far as I am aware, nothing.

abc
09-12-2015, 10:54 AM
allergic to idiots

Agnostic Bear
09-12-2015, 11:25 AM
yes i wonder if i have an allergy to something in alcohol because i get a blotchy rash ALL OVER my body every time! although weirdly enough my face doesn't get it? i've heard of alcohol flush reaction but that's only a red face. i also get a blotchy chest when i'm nervous or have eaten something spicy too so i might just have sensitive skin receptors, idk?

i also get these reactions to strong cleaning products so i just try natural alternatives or something with less chemicals in it.

Take an antihistamine just before you drink alcohol (like 20 mins) see if that fixes it. Works for me (ish)

Stephen
09-12-2015, 04:20 PM
2nd gen unless you wanna go sleepy sleep

Sho
11-12-2015, 08:17 PM
fake silver jewelry (idk what the actual allergy is, but the reaction is only triggered when i wear them, so i just say it's that)
like i know people's fingers/wrists/whatever turn green sometimes if they wear those jewelry you get at places like clothing shops for too long, but unless it's real silver i go red, swell up and get really itchy. i can usually wear them for like an hour or so before anything happens, but i only wear my pandora bracelet anyway so it doesn't really affect me at all.

Stephen
11-12-2015, 11:10 PM
Stupidity.

But medication wise: penicillin and codeine.

how do you react to codeine?

!x!dude!x!2
11-12-2015, 11:52 PM
how do you react to codeine?

It blocks my bowels. Sorry if that's too graphic. but yeah, It stop me from pooping and I think i get rashes.

Stephen
12-12-2015, 12:49 AM
It blocks my bowels. Sorry if that's too graphic. but yeah, It stop me from pooping and I think i get rashes.

codeine is a prodrug which gets converted into morphine in the liver
it's also one of the most constipating opioids so there's that too
also it releases histamine which is the thing that causes allergies = the itching of hell

everyone gets it. Even someone who takes heroin (diacetyl[morphine]) will get the exact effects you get + probably have to dig their shit out with a plastic fork every day

Absently
12-12-2015, 12:30 PM
I've never figured out what I'm allergic to so I can only assume, I tend to be allergic to something in some wipes so it's hit or miss when I use wipes, no clue what. Most likely pet hair too, as my throat always begins to close up when I'm too near my dog or she's been on my bed. Think that's it!

Jazz
12-12-2015, 08:52 PM
cats and dairy

dbgtz
18-12-2015, 12:38 AM
Literally just cashew nuts, but it's advised I don't have any nuts for whatever reason. I don't really have nuts anyway, so I never carry an epipen.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!