PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] Banned for giving away prizes to the winners of my hosted games.

Eulogy
19-12-2015, 08:24 PM
Just joined. I've come here to vent my anger on how absolutely appalling habbo's staff are.

They don't seem to know what "Scamming" is.

Well, if you hadn't of figured it out already, Yes. I was banned for "scamming" and I didn't do such a thing at all.

Here's my story.

Today I was hosting several different games on habbo. I had many winners of these games, and I gave all the prizes. I made lots of people happy today. I gave out over 200c alone. I even gave a user some free furniture because I was feeling generous. I did have alot of P2Ping users in the games. And out of the blue just 30 minutes ago, I was banned because apparently I was scamming. The last game I hosted before I got banned was a don't get the carrot game. A user called lenny? who is a real awesome guy won twice, and I gave him 10c in total. He was happy and added me to my friends list as did the other users who participated in my games.

It seems that Habbo's staff do not know what a real scammer is. You get banned even if you don't scam. Is it even possible to host a game these days without getting banned? Why doesn't habbo hunt down the real scammers instead of banning innocent legitimate hosts who actually give out the prizes.

Anyways, I sent them a support ticket even though the ban is only 2 days in length. I want them to reply. I'm furious.

Plebings
20-12-2015, 02:16 AM
weird that they'd ban you for scamming, would say it was due to the p2p and it conflicts with 'gambling' but then they would have issued you a trade ban instead.

what kind of game were you hosting?

Kyle
20-12-2015, 10:37 AM
Accepting any type of payment for a game with a random element involved is considered gambling. It's understandable that you may have had no intention to swindle anybody but the fact is that not everybody got a prize and the odds were therefore stacked in your favour. If you explain the situation and promise not to take payment for events in the future (tell them that you didn't fully user stand the rules) then they may offer some leniency. Good luck!

Eulogy
20-12-2015, 03:59 PM
Accepting any type of payment for a game with a random element involved is considered gambling. It's understandable that you may have had no intention to swindle anybody but the fact is that not everybody got a prize and the odds were therefore stacked in your favour. If you explain the situation and promise not to take payment for events in the future (tell them that you didn't fully user stand the rules) then they may offer some leniency. Good luck!

Do you think it's something to do with the fridge game I hosted? Pura fridges are random chance, and I had a few p2ps from people who lost.

Plebings
20-12-2015, 11:57 PM
in that case, yes taking p2p when it comes to luck events (or events where the main factor is luck based) should have gotten you a trade ban, but weird that they just outright banned you.

Eulogy
22-12-2015, 02:22 PM
Habbo seems to be very hesitant on telling me that I was "scamming".

Here's their atrocious reply.

"Chad, Dec 22, 05:08:
Hello,

Thanks for contacting Habbo.

You were banned for scamming other users.

Best,

Chad
Holding out for an awesome gift from Santa!
Customer Support - http://www.habbo.com"

Literally what the ban's text said when I got banned.

Eulogy
22-12-2015, 05:09 PM
Sorry for the double post. Okay, I just got a shocking response. And it's shocking in a good way which is odd for Habbo staff.

"Chad, Dec 22, 07:05:
Hello,

Thanks for contacting Habbo.

We didn't say you WERE scamming - that was just what you were banned for. We probably would have unbanned you if we saw this when you were banned.

Best,

Chad
Holding out for an awesome gift from Santa!
Customer Support - http://www.habbo.com

My reply prior before he sent this reply:

"Eulogy.Jones, Dec 22, 05:54:
And how exactly did I scam users? If I recall correctly, I gave away several prizes to the winners. How is that scamming? I heard pay to play was allowed in falling furniture."

This is actually a solution for once. It's a human reply, and it isn't arrogant. He indicates that he would've unbanned me if the ban was longer.

Something tells me that my ban was addressed by a bot. Maybe Habbo is improving it's customer service.

lawrawrrr
22-12-2015, 05:17 PM
Second reply:

We didn't say you WERE scamming

First reply

You were banned for scamming other users.

What the **** were you banned for then? That is ridiculous! At least you're unbanned now but I assume it is cos people were P2Ping...

Plebings
22-12-2015, 09:22 PM
best of luck anyway, seems a bit misleading to imply you were hosting falling furni but they shouldn't have banned you in the first place.

FlyingJesus
22-12-2015, 11:24 PM
Absolutely shocking response from them tbh, looks like their complaints department is being run by a 12 year old :P moaning at you for explaining yourself, that's not on

Mrs_Plant
23-12-2015, 06:20 PM
Wow there is really no point in contacting Customer Support, they never seem to know what they are doing anyway.

.:TaylorSwift:
31-12-2015, 04:21 AM
There is Chad again . I hate chad from customer service, he is the worst at his job (Due to the responses I get from him.) I feel sorry for you and I would keep your fight up or even ask for a customer service number. (It may be in spanish, but you can try finding someone to translate you)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!