PDA

View Full Version : Sexual Moderation

CFairweather
21-12-2015, 09:13 PM
I was having a discussion with Tay / .:TaylorSwift:: in the HxHD, well, it was a discussion turned challenge, turned realisation.

After all the negative press Habbo has had in the past, surely you'd think moderation would be at an all time high?
I do agree it has come on leaps and bounds, but things are seriously still bad.

I challenge you all: To dress as a half-naked female avatar in Club NX and dance. Within 10 minutes you will have multiple friend requests. Accept these requests, and go along with the chats which follow.

It is clear evidence that sexual predators are still very much active on Habbo, Or, taking everyone into account; teenagers who clearly long for their first sexual experience.

ALSO: while i'm on the topic, Groups. Take a look at this image:

http://i.imgur.com/HjF5S5p.png?1

How on earth are they getting away with creating groups such as these, and promoting them with these badges?

Look at the Penis one.

I apologise for this ranting post, I just wanted to see all of your opinions on the topic. No offence was intended at all in the creation of this post!!!!

Cal

!:random!:!
21-12-2015, 09:25 PM
Since I have played habbo there has always been predators luring but I've learnt to ignore or just report when they get annoying. Some habbo's do it for the laughs more than anything. Ovbs I do see your point and understand it can distress some users however there is a urgent help button available for those who do need it. however I feel if this a topic you feel strong to, you should raise awareness with sulake themselves as then it may be looked more in to.

.:TaylorSwift:
31-12-2015, 04:16 AM
however I feel if this a topic you feel strong to, you should raise awareness with sulake themselves as then it may be looked more in to.
That is the issue me and a couple guardians have been trying to do with Habbo Mods this past week. I have sent ideas of a report button for groups as they have done in the past, but the idea was responded it may be to difficult to emphasis (I will provide evidence if you need it)

I have also having arguments over the systems efficiency and which groups does habbo accept and not accept. We all know we can't share our kik usernames or skype on habbo, yet whenever I report this to the mods I am told nothing is wrong. Groups can now be only reported by entering the room and reporting it there and sometimes the mods don't understand that the group violates habbo way which brings to frustration to the user.

We need a whole group of people to send in the Idea of Group reports or a fix on these sexual groups because I see them more often than I want to.

Samantha
02-01-2016, 11:19 PM
It hasn't improved much since the mute you're correct, but if anything the mute made it worse also. In 2012 when we had the mute things like Mini Mails, Guest Books etc. were removed due to them not being able to moderate them - they never returned, but they have brought things that they don't moderate as much anyway or moderate correctly to say the least.

They seem to focus more on someone being under age rather than being sexual with someone, I believe it's got a bit more lenient in time, but it can always be improved. I don't honestly see sexual stuff much, but I don't go in many rooms on Habbo to experience that, and if I do it's generally rooms that are well moderated by players and not moderators. I agree with the fact that when you report someone for being rude or breaking the rules nothing is done, you're probably more likely to get banned from the report tool for reporting silly things (that they say aren't breaking the rules when they actually are) than getting a response you want.

e5
03-01-2016, 12:52 AM
The mute brought more publicity for sexual predators to join habbo than ever, as a load more found another path to young teenagers!

N-Dubz
05-01-2016, 09:43 PM
i just dont get all this? when i played back in 05/07 & was pretty young myself, you knew there were perverts but you just ignored them. anybody who didnt was just asking for it.

-:Undertaker:-
10-01-2016, 07:28 PM
i haven't ever really noticed weirdos on the game other than one example on habbox forum itself a few years ago

Frisky
14-01-2016, 11:02 AM
If you go looking, you'll find it obviously. Always been like it on every game.

Empired
14-01-2016, 11:24 AM
I agree with Frisky^. The reason Channel 4 found so many dodgy rooms is because they specifically went looking in those SINGLES, CLUB, GAY LES BI PAN+ etc rooms so obviously they'll find something as I know you will do on every social site like Habbo. The point is, you don't just stumble across those rooms very easily; you have to be looking for them.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!