PDA

View Full Version : Lighting

-:Undertaker:-
29-12-2015, 02:19 AM
Does anyone else have a bit of an obsession with lighting?

Like whenever I go somewhere whether its a bar or a room I judge the place so much by the lighting. I love fairy lights and like those edison bulbs that you see in bars which are like old style bulbs. I can't stand like those sort of dull lab lights you get in kitchens/student houses it depresses me.

How about you? Do you have any special lighting effects in your room or do you just have a simple lamp and bedside lamp?

Kasabian
29-12-2015, 02:23 AM
Ive got a lava lamp pal

scottish
29-12-2015, 02:24 AM
i have christmas tree lights

Elegance
29-12-2015, 02:26 AM
i have fairy lights wrapped around my bed frame

Absently
29-12-2015, 02:17 PM
I hate when big lights are on, drives me mad so I always have something little like a lamp on. We used to have fairy lights all around the ceiling in our old sitting room, but just got the Christmas ones around in our current place. In our bedroom we've two sets of lights, heart shaped lights hanging over our headboard and then on top of the headboard is our rose lights. We always have one set on before we goto sleep, or if I'm sat in the room I'll have a pair on instead of actual light.

Hannah
29-12-2015, 02:53 PM
I have flower lights in my room above my bed and mirror on the other side of the room.

I absolutely hate using my normal light, so I use those to light the room instead.

j0rd
29-12-2015, 05:04 PM
cheap yellowy lights really piss me off
we've moved into a new house a few months ago and not got around to buying all new bulbs yet, and they're really really really annoying me

thms
29-12-2015, 05:15 PM
they're really really really annoying me

good.

just a nice and simple lamp on my bedside table

BeanEgg
29-12-2015, 06:12 PM
You've got to love lights! When I was at university I worked for two gig venues and managed the lighting desks... Can't beat a light jockey dropping to Sandstorm ;)

Inseriousity.
29-12-2015, 09:41 PM
You and Jeremy Corbyn have something in common.

A weird obsession with something incredibly dull (lol he takes pictures of drain covers for the "history"). hehehe

Got your bogstandard lights in our house. Don't even bother with a lamp lmao

dbgtz
31-12-2015, 03:03 PM
Sort of? I really like seeing both the lighting in the dark (street lamps and such) and also love seeing what they do with CGI lighting.

Empired
31-12-2015, 05:54 PM
I have a white bedside lamp in my bedroom which I absolutely hate; yellowy lights seem to encourage me to feel sleepy so when I have my BEDSIDE light on it just wakes me up :|

Like a lot of other people I don't like my big light and I realised a few months ago that the bulb must have blown well over a year ago without me noticing... :L

Samantha
02-01-2016, 07:29 PM
No not really, as long as I can see then it's good enough - currently we can't use our main light in the living room due to it blowing the other day and the fixture of the bulb is stuck in one of the light socket things. However, for judging a place no, although when I go in Hollister I do wonder why it's so dark.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!