PDA

View Full Version : Do you bury your pets when they die?

-:Undertaker:-
29-12-2015, 03:39 AM
Do you bury your pets when they die?

When we had fish as kids my Dad used to flush them down the toilet and say they were going to the River Mersey to be with their friends and then with my first "real" pet, a Syrian hamster, we buried him in the back garden with a little wooden cross because I was so upset that he was gone. Anyway years fast forward and we've had a guinea pig family and when the first died I decided I would bury them all in like a family plot in the garden so he's buried under one of my young cherry trees as is his wife and as is one of their grandchildren. The two spare plots in the pattern await the other two for when they croak.

So what about you have you buried pets in your garden and what pets have you buried? I find it weird how people just leave the body in the Vets.

e5
29-12-2015, 08:34 AM
buried our parrot when it died in the garden and also buried the rabbits before

welshcake
29-12-2015, 10:05 AM
Only ever had fish. The important fish have been buried so there are 2 fish under a bush (under ground obviously) in my garden
all the rest thrown down the toilet

Jurv
29-12-2015, 11:30 PM
I remember burying my guinea pig in my old backgarden 3 years ago, it's gravestone was a ceramic chicken ornament :¬:

Altogether we must have had at least 3 hamsters and 3 guinea pigs buried there it felt like a cemetery

Cerys
29-12-2015, 11:37 PM
in our garden we have 3 guinea pigs, a gerbil, 2 rabbits, 2 cats and a few fish lol

we got paddy cremated though, he wouldve been too big to bury

Meanies
29-12-2015, 11:55 PM
When I was little and any of our pets would die my dad would take them to work (he's a farmer) and 'cremate' them. When our dog was put down I think he was left with the vets. When our rabbit who was a proper lil member of family died a slow death in my hands we got that one cremated. I've had fish on and off for ages but when they die they just go down the toilet. Since then me and Kelly have only had a puppy die on us which was left with the vets because her stepdad hadn't paid the bill :(

Samantha
30-12-2015, 12:10 AM
We always had fish, but when they died we just got new ones and named them the same - must have probably had 20 Rosie and Jims! When our rabbit died I'm not sure what happened, me and my sister were really young so we didn't know she'd died really, they put a board in front of her hutch so we couldn't see and my nanny ushered me away when I tried to look. Our two hamsters got buried in my auntie's garden as my cousin's hamsters and everything are buried there too and we don't have a proper garden. Our cat must have passed away, but no idea where she was as she left and never came back, I still miss her and that was so long ago now. We had one other fish that my sister saved from the fair as these kids were putting cola in the bag with it in so she took him and we called him Lucky as he was lucky to be alive, he lasted a few months though.

dbgtz
31-12-2015, 03:00 PM
Buried the smaller pets when I was younger, but cremated the larger ones more recently.

thms
02-01-2016, 02:53 AM
when Yuxin; dies i'm burying her with a rhubarb plant

no but in all seriousness we buried my nans dog in her back garden when he died

Zak
02-01-2016, 12:19 PM
We have buried all our dogs in the backyard

OldLoveSong
02-01-2016, 06:27 PM
no, it would feel very weird to me not in a good way knowing tht my cats were buried in my backyard. we just get them cremated at the vets (dont keep ashes)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!