PDA

View Full Version : The lottery

lawrawrrr
30-12-2015, 07:01 PM
I HAVE BOUGHT TICKETS for tonight's lottery and I was just wondering if any of you guys entered?

I only buy tickets occasionally, I think this is my 4th time playing ever? Never won anything big, I think I won a couple of quid once but yeah.

Do you play regularly? Every now and again?

Alkaz
30-12-2015, 07:03 PM
I play every Wednesday and Saturday on the Lotto and every Saturday for the EuroMillions. I won a couple of pound and two lucky dips for tonights draw on Saturday which is my second ever biggest win. I won £25 whilst I was on holiday earlier this year. I could just save the £40 or what ever it costs me a month and be almost £500 a year better off but I am drawn by the idea of being millions of pounds better off. Catch 22!!

scottish
30-12-2015, 07:08 PM
i play every tues/wed/fri/sat so yeah i have 1 line

actually i won a lucky dip on sat so i have 2

buttons
30-12-2015, 07:10 PM
I just play every so often if I have change or whatever. I once won an uneven amount online so I spent the leftover money (after buying another ticket) on a game of hangman on the lottery site and ended up winning £13 woo

Empired
30-12-2015, 07:13 PM
I don't think I'd ever play actually. I'm boring and would rather save my money than spend it on something that may never pay back, let alone pay extra! :(

scottish
30-12-2015, 07:14 PM
I don't think I'd ever play actually. I'm boring and would rather save my money than spend it on something that may never pay back, let alone pay extra! :(

you could win millions tho !!

-:Undertaker:-
30-12-2015, 07:16 PM
The family used to buy lottery tickets but we all stopped when it turned out they'd been giving grants to things like asylum seeker charities.

If there was a lottery that spent the grants in Britain on British people with real needs, ie children and the elderly, then I would be tempted to.

Empired
30-12-2015, 07:20 PM
you could win millions tho !!
I could be pitied by a billionaire and randomly find a cheque for 6 million pounds on my doorstep!

One maths lesson before Christmas where we were doing "fun" maths for Christmas in secondary school we worked out the odds for winning the lottery and it was something like you're four times more likely to be hit by lightning than win.
It might not have been four but it was a lot ok

scottish
30-12-2015, 07:23 PM
The family used to buy lottery tickets but we all stopped when it turned out they'd been giving grants to things like asylum seeker charities.

If there was a lottery that spent the grants in Britain on British people with real needs, ie children and the elderly, then I would be tempted to.

there's thousands that of projects supported that are for children and the elderly http://www.lotterygoodcauses.org.uk/

don't care anyway I want the jackpot don't care what they spend the rest of the money on

- - - Updated - - -

I could be pitied by a billionaire and randomly find a cheque for 6 million pounds on my doorstep!

One maths lesson before Christmas where we were doing "fun" maths for Christmas in secondary school we worked out the odds for winning the lottery and it was something like you're four times more likely to be hit by lightning than win.
It might not have been four but it was a lot ok

I calculated it the other day but yeah it's quite high.. but it could be you!!

Inseriousity.
30-12-2015, 08:28 PM
Used to but I was lucky if I got two numbers. My aunty has organised a game of lottery bingo. First person to get 10 numbers crossed off (using Saturday's lotto draw) wins the pot. £1 a week, 20 players. I won it once and got £200+ which is probably more than I'd ever win on the actual lottery so I'll stick with that lmao.

scottish
30-12-2015, 10:40 PM
I didn't win :(

Jake
30-12-2015, 11:21 PM
I normally do it when i pass somewhere which sells it but im thinking i may stop soon and save the money till i can just pay for the whole year in advance online. Only do the friday euro & sat lottery so £4 a week

Josh!
31-12-2015, 12:09 AM
The most of i've won is $500 on tickets. I have a few tickets for some draws tonight. I am going to buy my ticket for the 20 million draw Friday night

dbgtz
31-12-2015, 02:51 PM
I have phases where I go just buy a chunk of tickets and hope for the best. Though, I prefer to make bets as I seem to do well on those :P

Samantha
02-01-2016, 05:03 PM
I occasionally play online, but I prefer the instant win games they have as their odds are better, even though you might not win as much. My family generally play the Irish Lottery instead as you win around £650 for predicting 3 numbers right and it costs less for those odds and they have less numbers as far as I know.

buttons
02-01-2016, 05:07 PM
won £7 yday on the lotto's hangman game online, only costs £1!

Matt
08-01-2016, 06:55 AM
I only buy it rarely if the jackpot is huge.

Selling lotto puts me off buying it because everyone is grumpy at how they never win and moan at how much they waste on lotto.

Troosh
08-01-2016, 11:23 AM
I have never played the lottery ever! (Unless you count scratch cards)
I always want to buy a ticket but just always forget!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!