PDA

View Full Version : Marriage/House/Kids?

scottish
03-01-2016, 11:11 PM
Do you have some sort of rough plan as to what order you wish to do the above?

It seems to mostly be Marriage > Kids > House

buttons
03-01-2016, 11:18 PM
lol was just making this thread ;)

for me I want: marriage > kids > house

my logic is you don't want your kids stealing your limelight/ruining your honeymoon and when you don't have kids you can spend more on your perfect dress :)!!!! xoxo then you have kids before buying a house cause you might get preggers with 8 kids and if ya only have 2 bedrooms ya goofed. plus you can always just rent!

maybe coulda included career :P

Cerys
03-01-2016, 11:26 PM
Mine is house then marriage

no kids tho
never kids

I'd rather have a place to live etc before splashing out on a wedding so :P but definitely engagement before house so i know he's not gonna screw me over

Drew
03-01-2016, 11:32 PM
Just house for me. Marriage and kids don't seem very likely to happen, not in the near future anyway and I'm perfectly fine with that.

Absently
03-01-2016, 11:41 PM
house > wedding > kids for me, currently saving up for house so once we have that done, we'll move onto saving for a wedding

Sharon
03-01-2016, 11:47 PM
house > kids > marriage. house is eveeeeeeerything to me but i would love a MASSIVE wedding

or kids > house if that happened to crop up first unplanned

thms
03-01-2016, 11:56 PM
house marriage kids personally, i'd like to be serious with someone before kids came into the equation too

scottish
04-01-2016, 12:09 AM
i'll prob be doing

marriage > kids > house

marriage cause you need to be married before kids obv
kids cause she might have multiples and no sense buying a 2 bed house if you end up with 3 or something

Matt
04-01-2016, 02:47 AM
I've never really thought about marriage or having kids. At the moment the thought of having kids is a huge no. I just don't see myself as a kid person or a father. If I had to pick an order with all three options it would be:

House > Marriage > Kids

Nick
04-01-2016, 03:10 AM
I've never really thought about marriage or having kids. At the moment the thought of having kids is a huge no. I just don't see myself as a kid person or a father. If I had to pick an order with all three options it would be:

House > Marriage > Kids

but dad

House > Marriage > Kids

I can see where buttons; comes from where you buy a house after you have kids but I think I would rather have a house before having kids

-:Undertaker:-
04-01-2016, 07:27 AM
haven't even thought about it it seems so long away.

Empired
04-01-2016, 10:38 AM
Mine would definitely be

marriage > house > kids

though actual marriage isn't particularly important to me so I'd be perfectly fine being unmarried to my partner but I know it makes a big difference for the future when it comes to inheritance tax and things I think so yeah. But before kids it wouldn't bother me.

Ms.Aquamarine
04-01-2016, 11:14 AM
House > Marriage > Kids or Marriage > House > Kids

I wouldn't mind living in an apartment though before becoming a homeowner. :P

FlyingJesus
04-01-2016, 12:26 PM
Probs house first, if I had kids I'd want them growing up somewhere stable

Kyle
04-01-2016, 01:23 PM
kids after a house
can always move if i have more :S

x-s-x
04-01-2016, 01:52 PM
I'm hoping I'd get my own place soon and that's the first thing is want to do above all else.
I've been with my boyfriend for 3 years now and although getting married would be lovely, I honestly don't see the point in it but that's my personal opinion :)
As for kids, right now I honestly don't plan on having any as I want to be able to live my life . My mind will probably change by the time it comes to it though and if it did I'd only want one child :)

Inseriousity.
04-01-2016, 07:00 PM
House because atm that is probably the only one of the three I've got any chance of getting. I can manage just fine without marriage or kids but a roof over my head would be nice lol

lawrawrrr
04-01-2016, 07:42 PM
House.

Don't really see myself getting married or having kids so YEAH but if I did it'd be in that order

Alkaz
04-01-2016, 07:52 PM
I can see where @buttons (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=42203); comes from where you buy a house after you have kids but I think I would rather have a house before having kids
I agree with you Nick. I think if you have kids, you're never going to be able to afford to buy a house, however if you're buying a house and your partner fell pregnant then I think that you would find a way of managing and being able to look after the kids. Obviously it may not work but I think it would work better like that and ideally be married after you've got the house but before the kids.

buttons
04-01-2016, 07:58 PM
question tho; you likely gonna have to save for years before u can afford a decent deposit on a decent house, are you all gonna wait till you can afford a house before you have kids? our logic was we wouldn't be able to afford a mortgage on a 3 bedroom house until we are like 30 and i want kids before that age and marriage before kids so that was the logical answer for me!

if we both got a decent wage raise we would deffo think about getting a house first

FlyingJesus
04-01-2016, 08:28 PM
Much more able to work and save before you have kids (especially as a couple), and there are loads of help to buy schemes so that you'll only need like 5k or something to start off a mortgage. Weddings cost more than mortgages these days :P

Empired
04-01-2016, 08:29 PM
I would not have children if I wasn't sure I had a way of supporting them both financially and emotionally. I can see where Jen is coming from and I know this isn't what she's talking about (just thought I'd share my opinion now tbh) but I get so angry at people who have more children than they can afford and just expect the government to pay out to them on benefits. It seems like people aren't prepared to face the consequences for their own choices anymore.

scottish
04-01-2016, 08:42 PM
question tho; you likely gonna have to save for years before u can afford a decent deposit on a decent house, are you all gonna wait till you can afford a house before you have kids? our logic was we wouldn't be able to afford a mortgage on a 3 bedroom house until we are like 30 and i want kids before that age and marriage before kids so that was the logical answer for me!

if we both got a decent wage raise we would deffo think about getting a house first

deposit isn't much it's only like 5% these days with government help to buy scheme (so say 200k house is only 10k deposit)

buttons
04-01-2016, 08:50 PM
yeah but you have to be earning a certain wage before you are even offered a mortgage, so if you pay 10kdeposit on a 200k house, you still need a 190k mortgage and for that you need to earn, what, like 48k between you? only way id even earn half of that in my position is if i was assistant manager which will take a good few years! and to me having kids is more important than working just to afford a house when you can rent and still provide for them (not having a house =/= financially unstable lol) whilst saving.

my mum was 30 when she got a mortgage and had 3 kids at that point and her mortgage was only 38k, now the house is worth about 120k ;ll

Alkaz
04-01-2016, 08:54 PM
yeah but you have to be earning a certain wage before you are even offered a mortgage, so if you pay 10kdeposit on a 200k house, you still need a 190k mortgage and for that you need to earn, what, like 48k between you? only way id even earn half of that in my position is if i was assistant manager which will take a good few years! and to me having kids is more important than working just to afford a house when you can rent and still provide for them (not having a house =/= financially unstable lol) whilst saving.

my mum was 30 when she got a mortgage and had 3 kids at that point and her mortgage was only 38k, now the house is worth about 120k ;ll
I get where you're coming from but that also depends on where you live. My brother used to live in a 2 bedroom flat and his rent was £950 a month, he saved like hell for 4 years and now has a mortgage of a large 3 bedroom house and his mortgage is £700 a month. So for him, it was worth while saving and then getting a mortgage before having kids as now he isn't just throwing away £250 a month and lining some landlords pockets.

buttons
04-01-2016, 09:14 PM
sigh, i can only start paying for a mortgage if im offered a mortgage lol and on our wage, we won't be offered a mortgage on a 3 bedroom house (about 120k) so we would have to save first (or get promotions/pay raises). that will take us until our 30's and i want to have kids before then, so marriage > kids > house for me. like i say both our parents were married with kids and in their 30's before they got a mortgage :P but ye gl everyone getting mortgages, marry someone rich!

FlyingJesus
04-01-2016, 09:24 PM
Why do you need 3 bedrooms am I moving in

buttons
04-01-2016, 09:27 PM
wtf cause am having 2 kids what are u just shoving all urs in one room

scottish
04-01-2016, 10:00 PM
1 for me
1 for older child
1 for buttons and the youngest child

N-Dubz
05-01-2016, 10:05 PM
house>marriage>kids!! getting the first one done by this year!!! :)

OldLoveSong
06-01-2016, 07:31 PM
house> marriage>kids

house bein first as id like to live with my SO to know their living habits and know we could get along living together before commiting to marriage

buttons
06-01-2016, 07:34 PM
house> marriage>kids

house bein first as id like to live with my SO to know their living habits and know we could get along living together before commiting to marriage
*buying* a house together is more of a commitment/payment than marriage surely?! who guna spend 100's thousand dollars on a house before deciding they wanna be with the person foreverrr?

when i say house i mean buying one not renting one god i h8 u all fs

cannot believe I said dollars

OldLoveSong
06-01-2016, 07:37 PM
*buying* a house together is more of a commitment/payment than marriage surely?!

when i say house i mean buying one don't renting one god i h8 u all fs

well in my own experience my bf alrdy RENTS a house so id likely move in with him before marriage :P

FlyingJesus
06-01-2016, 07:40 PM
Houses you can sell, marriage is meant to be forever, don't get much more of a commitment than that :P

buttons
06-01-2016, 07:42 PM
Houses you can sell, marriage is meant to be forever, don't get much more of a commitment than that :P
ye but houses aren't that cheap! my parents were living separately 11 yrs before they finished paying off their mortgage!! what did ur parents do?

Jurv
07-01-2016, 12:31 AM
Marriage doesn't interest me at all but if I had one it'd be proper low budget

Kids > House > Marriage is the most likely for me

Kardan
08-01-2016, 10:14 PM
House > Marriage > Kids

Don't want kids before having a house.
Don't want to get married and not have a house to enjoy married life.

-:Undertaker:-
10-01-2016, 10:15 AM
it's scary how close these things are getting like in the next few years but i still feel 16 and a million miles away from any of them

Zak
15-01-2016, 04:23 PM
House > Kids > Marriage

velvet
15-01-2016, 07:45 PM
marriage, house then kids
don't wanna have kids if i'm not even financially stable enough to own my own home.

Lewis
15-01-2016, 07:57 PM
Just the house for me.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!