PDA

View Full Version : Back from 6-years

.-richie-.
04-01-2016, 02:34 AM
Hi,

I can't quite put to words how I feel at the moment, now do I even know where I am going with this... but I know one thing that that is that I can actually feel depression kicking in! Not sure if that's down to the Christmas break, being away from work or the fact that I've gone back in history and realized that everyone I had good friendships with, have moved on and now I no longer have any means of contact with them.

First part sounds really negative (I apologize), I'm not even a negative person, well, I don't think I am. I used to be a regular on Habbo UK, it was during the merge where I started to move on in life and became less active in the game and on my fansite (CheckHabbo), not sure if anybody here will remember CheckHabbo, it made 6th place on the 2009 Official UK Fansite vote... quite a while back! Hopefully that won't count as advertising, trust me, the fansites days are well in truly over. I did meet quite an awesome bunch of people through the years working on the fansite, I think what I find most difficult is realizing that I made the wrong decision, where I had decided to leave it all behind. Everyone has now moved on in life, I'm not getting any younger... currently 23 and I have lost contact with literally everyone I knew. Has anybody else been in this position? Is 23 really too old to be here?

Currently, I'm sitting here looking at things from the past, my fansite, my old Habbo rooms, my friends list on Habbo with 0 active users. Habbo itself has dramatically changed, not sure if it's a good change though. The entire hotel just seems dead, it isn't as active as it was 6 years ago. I remember how popular fansites were back in the time, where fansites with radios would easily achieve a 80+ listener count. I had a browse earlier for fansites, but Habbox and HabbCrazy were really the only ones in which I could find to still be existing. It seems that the community spirit in Habbo has really decreased.

This is just becoming really depressing, I apologize again. I did have a strange idea earlier though when I was looking at CheckHabbo as it looked back in 2010. Wouldn't it be cool if there was a Habbo version of Friends Reunited, where friendships which started on Habbo, could be reunited later on in life? Could be a completely daft idea, but it did seem a cool idea at the time.

Anyway, I am just mumbling on and sounding pretty depressing, so I'll stop! If anybody here remembers me, let me know because I'll probably remember you if you make your presence known :)

Cheers,
Richie

Matt
04-01-2016, 03:50 AM
Welcome back, Richie!

Unfortunately I can't say I do remember you but loads of things would've changed since the last time you were online (both on Habbo and Habbox). It's always great to see older members checking in every now and then :)

-:Undertaker:-
04-01-2016, 07:54 AM
Hello and welcome back.

I recall you from years ago, nice to see someone older return. :)

Expling
04-01-2016, 09:08 AM
Welcome back! :)

j0rd
04-01-2016, 11:57 AM
your name rings a bell
noticed you've put your fansite up which made for some good nostalgia reading

x-s-x
04-01-2016, 01:45 PM
Welcome back to Habbo! :) x

e5
04-01-2016, 02:28 PM
I vaguely remember your name actually!

Samantha
04-01-2016, 02:44 PM
Welcome back to the forum! 23 is definitely not too old to play and there's some a little older here too, I've been feeling the same as you after the Christmas break, hopefully Habbox will help you out :P.

Jake
04-01-2016, 03:18 PM
Hi,

I can't quite put to words how I feel at the moment, now do I even know where I am going with this... but I know one thing that that is that I can actually feel depression kicking in! Not sure if that's down to the Christmas break, being away from work or the fact that I've gone back in history and realized that everyone I had good friendships with, have moved on and now I no longer have any means of contact with them.

First part sounds really negative (I apologize), I'm not even a negative person, well, I don't think I am. I used to be a regular on Habbo UK, it was during the merge where I started to move on in life and became less active in the game and on my fansite (CheckHabbo), not sure if anybody here will remember CheckHabbo, it made 6th place on the 2009 Official UK Fansite vote... quite a while back! Hopefully that won't count as advertising, trust me, the fansites days are well in truly over. I did meet quite an awesome bunch of people through the years working on the fansite, I think what I find most difficult is realizing that I made the wrong decision, where I had decided to leave it all behind. Everyone has now moved on in life, I'm not getting any younger... currently 23 and I have lost contact with literally everyone I knew. Has anybody else been in this position? Is 23 really too old to be here?

Currently, I'm sitting here looking at things from the past, my fansite, my old Habbo rooms, my friends list on Habbo with 0 active users. Habbo itself has dramatically changed, not sure if it's a good change though. The entire hotel just seems dead, it isn't as active as it was 6 years ago. I remember how popular fansites were back in the time, where fansites with radios would easily achieve a 80+ listener count. I had a browse earlier for fansites, but Habbox and HabbCrazy were really the only ones in which I could find to still be existing. It seems that the community spirit in Habbo has really decreased.

This is just becoming really depressing, I apologize again. I did have a strange idea earlier though when I was looking at CheckHabbo as it looked back in 2010. Wouldn't it be cool if there was a Habbo version of Friends Reunited, where friendships which started on Habbo, could be reunited later on in life? Could be a completely daft idea, but it did seem a cool idea at the time.

Anyway, I am just mumbling on and sounding pretty depressing, so I'll stop! If anybody here remembers me, let me know because I'll probably remember you if you make your presence known :)

Cheers,
Richie

I remember you, ngl im 25 and I feel too old sometimes but it's not too bad if im honest :)

I have kept in contact with the people from habbo I wanted to keep in contact with, have them on wotsapp or skype.

Welcome back though :D

.-richie-.
05-01-2016, 12:12 AM
Hi again,

Cheers for all of the responses and welcome back's, much appreciated! :) Remarkable that there are actually still people around who remember me from so long ago, luckily I do remember all of the people who say they remember me... would be pretty awkward if I didn't haha!

Not entirely sure what to do, I have the strange feeling that I want to become part of the community again and try and find some of the people who I ended up loosing contact with, strange what two weeks from work can do to you! Back to work tomorrow though unfortunately, but then again, at least it'll keep me busy :D

I think I'll become more active here, wouldn't do any harm. It's worrying that out of the blue, you can suddenly realize what a mistake you have made.

Hello and welcome back.

I recall you from years ago, nice to see someone older return. :)

I actually do recognize your name, but I can't remember where from. Maybe from this forum itself or even Habbo, or from my fansite if you ever done any fansite work.

your name rings a bell
noticed you've put your fansite up which made for some good nostalgia reading

Your name also rings a bell and yeah, I put it back online as a sort of archive. Not sure if I want to go through the pressures of running a fansite again, especially when it would now require 24 hour attention due to the hotel merge.

I vaguely remember your name actually!

Your name does ring a bell, hopefully you remember my name for good reasons haha!

I remember you, ngl im 25 and I feel too old sometimes but it's not too bad if im honest :)

I have kept in contact with the people from habbo I wanted to keep in contact with, have them on wotsapp or skype.

Welcome back though :D

NGL! I definitely remember you, how are you doing? :) Glad that there are older people around, last thing I want is to freak people out haha! :D

-:Undertaker:-
05-01-2016, 12:29 AM
I actually do recognize your name, but I can't remember where from. Maybe from this forum itself or even Habbo, or from my fansite if you ever done any fansite work.

I owned a popular trading room on the hotel called TRADE AWAY in 2006 and was Rare Values Manager at that time. So probably trade related. :P

Rachel
05-01-2016, 04:19 AM
I haven't seen you before but thing is only been at Habbox since 2011...so that is why.

I am sure you will make fabulous friends here of course and enjoy your return at Habbox and hope to see you posting around :D

_spirit
05-01-2016, 07:18 AM
Welcome Back!

Plucked
11-01-2016, 10:01 PM
Welcome back, pal!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!