PDA

View Full Version : Calendar Mashup - Ends 13th January

!:random!:!
05-01-2016, 07:42 PM
http://i.imgur.com/zv3mvbY.png
So, we have approached the new year and January is here! People going manic at local shopping centre to get the sale bargains and others going back to work/college/school/uni. I've been thinking lately, some of the names for months are quite dull. Who came up with them?

Anyway, for this competition, I would like you to re-name the 12 months. Include the reasons why you have give them there chosen names.

Prize: 5 Credits and 15 Rep

James
08-01-2016, 12:29 AM
New Competition out! Get your entries in! :D

Samantha
08-01-2016, 12:47 AM
I rename January to December
February to November
March to October
April to September
May to August
June to July
July to June
August to May
September to April
October to March
November to February
December to January

Let's have a backwards year! The weather has been a bit odd, so a change might mean we actually get a nice summer, spring, winter and autumn when we're meant to! Plus, having May as August means I get my birthday in a supposedly sunny time too! So when we believe the year is going quick, we can just remember that the next month is the month that should have been before.

Matt
08-01-2016, 04:16 AM
Month 1
Month 2
mdport.'s birthday
Month 3
Month 4
Month 5
Month 6
Month 7
Month 8
Month 9
Month 10
Presents month

Simple and easy to remember the order and how many months you are into the year. Of course mdport.'s birthday has the same feel as presents month because its my birthday and everyone should be excited and happy as if it's christmas.

Jurv
09-01-2016, 12:27 AM
Newuary (January - New Years)
Valenruary (February - Valentines)
Easterch (March - Easter)
Foolril (April Fools)
Memoray (May - Memorial Day)
Fathune (June - Fathers Day)
Independuly (July - Independence Day)
Summust (August - SUMMER)
Educember (September - Start of education. Sob)
Hallober (October - Halloween)
Bonfirember (November - Bonfire Night)
Christember (December - Christmas!)

Lewis
09-01-2016, 02:07 PM
Using the numbers from the dozenal system with the letters "mo" before them. But everyone seems to love exceptions to rules and so...

Exceptions:
1) the first month combines the two o's in 'moone' to become 'mone', it sounds and looks better.
2) the eighth month and eleventh which has 'o' and 'e' next to each other in 'moeight' and 'moel' adds an 'n' between them to become 'moneight' and 'monel' to also sound and look better.

Mone
Motwo
Mothree
Mofour
Mofive
Mosix
Moseven
Moneight
Monine
Modek
Monel
Modoh

Obviously Mone is January and Modoh is December, with everything else in between it.

sadcore
11-01-2016, 10:04 PM
june
july
june
july
june
july
june
july
june
july
june

it'd be forever summer - school's out!!!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!