PDA

View Full Version : Game Capture XBOX One

.-richie-.
08-01-2016, 12:32 AM
Hello :)

This is my second thread since being away from Habbo in general for 6-years, so you probably won't know me. I am an IT Engineer, very good with IT stuff but when it comes to AV and games consoles, well, I don't have much experience!

My nephew got an XBOX One for his Christmas, hes only 9 and hes really interested in game capture as he currently records his game time via his iPad camera and then uploads to YouTube. He got a capture device which captures either via HDMI or component. When capturing via HDMI, capturing works really well but the only issue is with capturing his voice during game chat, I suspect that this is down to the nature of HDMI. There was an option of using the component connection, where an additional microphone can be attached, but whilst doing this, it introduced further problems where video output displayed in black & white and the original problem was still present.

I was wondering if anybody here has ever came across this issue, and if they have ever found a solution? I did come across a method which involved the use of Audacity to perform voice recording during game capture and then add this audio to the captured game play once done, but I'm not sure if this would be too complicated for a 9-year old to understand.

If you have came across this issue yourself and if you have found a more simpler method of capturing voice during game-play, then please feel free to let me know :D (would be greatly appreciated!)

Cheers
Richard

Kasabian
08-01-2016, 12:37 AM
What capture device is it?

.-richie-.
08-01-2016, 12:46 AM
What capture device is it?

I believe that the device is unbranded (not useful, I know). Here is an image of the device -

http://img03.olx.co.za/images_olxza/1000743268_1_644x461_hd-1080p-video-capture-device-hdmi-ypbpr-input-usb-a566-johannesburg.jpg

This device has actually been returned though, and soon to be replaced with a Roxio Game Capture HD Pro N20NQ. From researching online, it would appear that voice capture is an issue with most, if not all, capture devices. It does look to be down to the design of either HDMI or the games console itself. I believe that the issue is down to the fact that voice is not passed to the users own speakers / headset. Other players voices are captured as this audio is passed through to the speakers / headset.

Cheers :)
Richard

Lucy
08-01-2016, 04:18 PM
Are you talking about recording commentary? Generally you will not hear your own voice through the Xbox as sound output, most likely for the reason that apart from testing your microphone its very unlikely in day-to-day use you would like to hear your own voice, the likely only solution is by using an external piece of kit or software to achieve the voice recording.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!