PDA

View Full Version : most serious operation/medical thing you've had done

-:Undertaker:-
17-01-2016, 05:43 PM
what's the most serious operation or medical thing you've had done to you?

i guesssssss my most serious was the 'snip' at like age 18 like in terms of stitches, blood and recovery time. other than that i've thankfully never had anything medically wrong apart from opertions for like ears which isn't too gory just simple. touch wood anyway.

so what about you and what recovery time did you need

dbgtz
17-01-2016, 06:11 PM
Spinal surgery followed by a minor issue about 2 weeks after, then a pretty bad infection shortly after that. I think it was about 6 weeks in hospital in total, though not all at once. Initial discharge was 6-7 days after the initial surgery. Actual recovery time took absolutely fucking ages.

Kyle
17-01-2016, 07:55 PM
had a tumour removed when I was younger, told people in school that the scar on my head was from where they cut my siamese twin off.

OldLoveSong
17-01-2016, 08:01 PM
turbinates reduction surgery and endoscopic nasal surgery, bout a week recovery time for both.

lemons
17-01-2016, 08:11 PM
just stitching when i cut my chin open

FlyingJesus
17-01-2016, 08:52 PM
Only thing I've ever been to hospital for was having teeth out before I had braces

Samantha
18-01-2016, 02:24 PM
Went under general anaesthetic when I had 4 teeth and a cyst removed from my mouth, had a cannula in, but they also used gas and air to help as well. I took a week off school to recover, but the stiches in my mouth took around a month to dissolve - I was meant to get braces after it, but they told me I didn't need them anymore, so it was pointless me having the teeth out.

Another one was having my crown caps removed from my mouth - as they kept coming out I had to have the teeth on a palette/denture instead, they could have done it at the dentist, but at that age I was extremely scared so I had local anaesthetic at the hospital. It was a horrible experience as they couldn't find a vein, every time they stuck the needle in for the cannula I screamed and my mum could hear every time, she was a wreck in the waiting room crying so much. They had the nerve to say "Do you want us just to numb your mouth instead?" Please if I wanted that I would have asked my normal, better dentist to do it; luckily on their last attempt they found a vein!

I didn't have an operation for this, but last May I started having chest pains and ended up in hospital - the emergency response took an ecg at home and said it might be nothing, but there's a small block in one of my vessels to my heart. Luckily the hospital ecg said it was fine and wasn't there anymore, it was probably due to being nervous. They took my blood and found a vein fine. However, I had chest pains again 2 days later and ended up at the closer hospital, had to have an ecg at work and then my blood taken at the hospital - the nurse refused to take mine as I had small veins so a doctor had to, which he didn't do well and found a vein, but the needle fell out and I bled over the bed, luckily he then found it again, but nothing was seriously wrong aka they had no idea.

Aside from that the only other time I've ended up in hospital is when I stuck a travel chess piece up my nose (A).

Alkaz
18-01-2016, 03:26 PM
Cracked my head open when I was about 5 years old. Had to have it stiched, no pain relief or anything cause I was such a clever big boy.

Absently
18-01-2016, 03:43 PM
I cracked my skull open when I was younger after I got knocked down, I generally don't know very much about it as I think it still frightens my mother. I did have to get stitches but I'm not sure if there was anything else that had to be done. I only found out a few weeks ago I actually ended up a bit damaged from it, super fun times :P

I've had surgery on my cheek to remove a mole they thought was cancerous. I was awake for it and the most painful bit was getting injections in my face without numbing it first as they were too late with the surgery. I felt them tugging at my cheek and when they got close to my eye that bit wasn't as numb as the rest and was not very nice. Then feeling them tug away and then stitch my face back together was a really weird sensation.

Beep...
24-01-2016, 07:54 AM
Never had any medical interventions besides routine things like x-rays, vaccines, etc.

As a paramedic I get to do cool yet serious things to people as a job.

Empired
24-01-2016, 10:20 AM
An operation on my knee (cringe warning soz) to remove a needle that had been accidentally and unknowingly embedded in there for a few days. Also had to do some fancy stuff with the cartilage because I know it had been damaged by the needle scraping at it but I don't actually know what happened there because a bit under TEN YEARS ON my mum is still too upset to talk about it so she won't tell me.

Then I had to have a second operation because it was dirty or had gotten infected or something but again I don't know.

Wish she'd tell me because I'm actually really interested but every time I try to bring it up she really does burst into tears and tell me I'm just tormenting her which is very annoying.

Matt
25-01-2016, 06:59 AM
I had what was believed to be skin cancer cut out of my back last year and they used anesthetic and used all these tools to cut it out. They legit cut a chunk of my back out it was so gross. Then they used this like blow torch thing to put my skin back together. The scar is so ugly but it's not that big so it's ok.

_HeyyItsHannah_
25-01-2016, 11:55 AM
Hmmmmm... I've had about 8 or 9 ear surgeries? That's about it though. I was really young. Mini Hannah. Almost had a catheter ablation with my heart but that problem was fixed so yey. Ummmmm... I've had weird tests done.. if y'all have me on snapchat y'all know that the heart center at the hospital knows me by name now lmao. Kind of embarrassing.

I've not had any major medical stuff, but hospital visits are quite often.

Neptupid
31-01-2016, 09:24 AM
As a baby I couldn't eat my body would just throw it back up to the point it was deadly serious. So they opened me up and did what they had to do it left a small line that annoys me. But now I think about it those surgeons are so brave to operate on a baby. Respect to all medical workers right now x

- - - Updated - - -

((The faces I have pulled while looking at this thread is really amusing! You guys have been through alot))

Expling
31-01-2016, 09:46 AM
i havent had many operations so i'm pretty lucky!
i know ive had teeth out but that's probably the most serious?
idk ahh

BreakfastBacon
31-01-2016, 10:42 AM
When I was born I had an operation above my thigh to get rid of a hernia

thms
31-01-2016, 11:08 PM
when i was younger i had too much fluid around my scrotum and had to have it removed iirc lol x

welshcake
31-01-2016, 11:12 PM
only a couple of things when I was a baby because I was born very premature and I didn't have very good lung function

when i was younger i had too much fluid around my scrotum and had to have it removed iirc lol x
omg rip

thms
01-02-2016, 03:34 AM
only a couple of things when I was a baby because I was born very premature and I didn't have very good lung function

omg rip

i mean the fluid removed btw not the scrotum

-:Undertaker:-
01-02-2016, 12:53 PM
i mean the fluid removed btw not the scrotum

your doctor just stuck two marbles in there to make u think that

thms
01-02-2016, 01:58 PM
your doctor just stuck two marbles in there to make u think that

plz no!

buttons
01-02-2016, 02:11 PM
Went under general anaesthetic when I had 4 teeth and a cyst removed from my mouth, had a cannula in, but they also used gas and air to help as well. I took a week off school to recover, but the stiches in my mouth took around a month to dissolve - I was meant to get braces after it, but they told me I didn't need them anymore, so it was pointless me having the teeth out.

Another one was having my crown caps removed from my mouth - as they kept coming out I had to have the teeth on a palette/denture instead, they could have done it at the dentist, but at that age I was extremely scared so I had local anaesthetic at the hospital. It was a horrible experience as they couldn't find a vein, every time they stuck the needle in for the cannula I screamed and my mum could hear every time, she was a wreck in the waiting room crying so much. They had the nerve to say "Do you want us just to numb your mouth instead?" Please if I wanted that I would have asked my normal, better dentist to do it; luckily on their last attempt they found a vein!

I didn't have an operation for this, but last May I started having chest pains and ended up in hospital - the emergency response took an ecg at home and said it might be nothing, but there's a small block in one of my vessels to my heart. Luckily the hospital ecg said it was fine and wasn't there anymore, it was probably due to being nervous. They took my blood and found a vein fine. However, I had chest pains again 2 days later and ended up at the closer hospital, had to have an ecg at work and then my blood taken at the hospital - the nurse refused to take mine as I had small veins so a doctor had to, which he didn't do well and found a vein, but the needle fell out and I bled over the bed, luckily he then found it again, but nothing was seriously wrong aka they had no idea.

Aside from that the only other time I've ended up in hospital is when I stuck a travel chess piece up my nose (A).

I cracked my skull open when I was younger after I got knocked down, I generally don't know very much about it as I think it still frightens my mother. I did have to get stitches but I'm not sure if there was anything else that had to be done. I only found out a few weeks ago I actually ended up a bit damaged from it, super fun times :P

I've had surgery on my cheek to remove a mole they thought was cancerous. I was awake for it and the most painful bit was getting injections in my face without numbing it first as they were too late with the surgery. I felt them tugging at my cheek and when they got close to my eye that bit wasn't as numb as the rest and was not very nice. Then feeling them tug away and then stitch my face back together was a really weird sensation.

An operation on my knee (cringe warning soz) to remove a needle that had been accidentally and unknowingly embedded in there for a few days. Also had to do some fancy stuff with the cartilage because I know it had been damaged by the needle scraping at it but I don't actually know what happened there because a bit under TEN YEARS ON my mum is still too upset to talk about it so she won't tell me.

Then I had to have a second operation because it was dirty or had gotten infected or something but again I don't know.

Wish she'd tell me because I'm actually really interested but every time I try to bring it up she really does burst into tears and tell me I'm just tormenting her which is very annoying.
your poor mums :(

nothing major and and not at all jealous of any of your cool stories because i HATE seeing injuries and would react like the parents mentioned above. i was in hospital when i was young because of ear pain which must have been really bad as i was there for a week and had some issues with my lungs (prob cause of my dads 40 a day habit) but that's about it.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!