PDA

View Full Version : tasks that are a lot easier now you're older that seemed quite hard

-:Undertaker:-
17-01-2016, 05:47 PM
thought this the other day when i was putting a sleeping bag back into its bag. like when i was a teenager i really struggled at sleepovers to get my sleeping bag back into its bag and it seemed like a massive effort yet now i'm older i wonder like what was so hard about that. i don't know i found it quite strange thinking how much difference a few years makes.

so what tasks like generally did you find hard (at teenage age not like 2) that now you think like wow what was so hard about that

Empired
17-01-2016, 07:15 PM
All my old computer games that seemed so impossible I can now cruise through with no problems. Like, I had all the Cluefinders games (anyone know what they are?) and I could never complete the Years 5-6 one and I found it again when I was about 15 and just shot through the game with no hiccups.

Same with the pokemon games and things - it would take me ages to beat all the gym leaders and I'd keep losing and having to go back. Obviously they still take me time but that's just because the games are long.

Isaac
17-01-2016, 07:25 PM
Reading. This may sound like an obvious one but I have really enjoyed going back and reading old books that I read when I was a kid. Picking up on jokes or understanding plots/events better than you did the first time.

Kyle
17-01-2016, 07:32 PM
There are a lot of kids movies that I enjoy more as I age and I think just general day-to-day life things like folding clothes and cooking food is so much easier these days after a bit of practice. Talking to strangers too.

FlyingJesus
17-01-2016, 08:57 PM
Reaching things what is well up high

Inseriousity.
17-01-2016, 10:04 PM
All my old computer games that seemed so impossible I can now cruise through with no problems. Like, I had all the Cluefinders games (anyone know what they are?) and I could never complete the Years 5-6 one and I found it again when I was about 15 and just shot through the game with no hiccups.

Same with the pokemon games and things - it would take me ages to beat all the gym leaders and I'd keep losing and having to go back. Obviously they still take me time but that's just because the games are long.

LOL my first thought as well.
I was feeling nostalgic so 2 years ago my dad asked me what I wanted for christmas and I said 'a PS2' so I could complete all the old games I never managed to do cos I was a kid. Currently playing Kingdom Hearts because some of the bosses were too hard for me.

lawrawrrr
17-01-2016, 10:39 PM
Making my bed - specifically changing the duvet cover!! I still struggle with my double at home (single bed here, cri but also convenient so whatever) but it's much easier now im used to it!

Prosiary
17-01-2016, 10:47 PM
Making my bed - specifically changing the duvet cover!! I still struggle with my double at home (single bed here, cri but also convenient so whatever) but it's much easier now im used to it!

yes same!

I used to find it so hard nd awkward changing a duvet cover but i'm pretty good at it now!

lawrawrrr
17-01-2016, 11:03 PM
yes same!

I used to find it so hard nd awkward changing a duvet cover but i'm pretty good at it now!
I don't have to literally get IN my single duvet any more (i do with double tho)

Samantha
18-01-2016, 05:30 PM
Putting a pillow case on was stupidly difficult for me when I was younger and I don't know why! I can't do duvets much, but I'll try my best - it's rare I will change my sheets though as my mum always does it randomly a lot of the time.

I found vacuuming harder when I was younger, it's weird we never had chores as we were growing up it was very rare we'd be asked to do something, but I love vacuuming and polishing! They've become easier as I've grown up though.

nat965
10-02-2017, 07:30 PM
thought this the other day when i was putting a sleeping bag back into its bag. like when i was a teenager i really struggled at sleepovers to get my sleeping bag back into its bag and it seemed like a massive effort yet now i'm older i wonder like what was so hard about that. i don't know i found it quite strange thinking how much difference a few years makes.

so what tasks like generally did you find hard (at teenage age not like 2) that now you think like wow what was so hard about that
Found that hard to do!
Also, reading was a bit of a challenge, sticking to a book and actually reading it from cover to cover.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!