PDA

View Full Version : how long do you live from a built-up urban core? aka a large town or city centre

-:Undertaker:-
17-01-2016, 06:25 PM
one thing i clocked onto when i went to university is how weird it must be not to live near a city or town core. like so many people who came to university had never experienced a large town or city and lived far away so only had the local pub for a night out. it was pretty bizzare.

i always think it'd be so much effort not to live close to a built up place cos you'd have to plan literally everything in advance by a week or so. want a new pair of shoes? plan a week ahead to get somewhere. same for if you're just bored and fancy a walk around the shops or a night out.

i live 15 minutes away via railway to a large urban city core so i guess i'm pretty urban.

what about you? how long does it take you?

Kyle
17-01-2016, 07:47 PM
stoke on trent is about 30-40 minutes away, though it hasn't really reaped many of the cultural benefits of urban growth that other cities like liverpool and birmingham have, it's just very run down and not a nice place at all.

Cerys
17-01-2016, 07:53 PM
I live about 5 minutes from Leeds and about 7 from Wakefield, so I am super duper urban even though I live in a tiny village surrounded by fields :D

Alkaz
17-01-2016, 07:54 PM
I live in a town with 100k+ people, there are two others pretty close one is 150k+ people and the other is around 200k+ so I live in a pretty built up, populated area although we are fortunate enough to still have a country side and nice places to go that are just a 5 minute drive away. The next biggest cities are London and probably Canterbury. I've never not experienced being kind of isolated in one small town/village

lemons
17-01-2016, 08:13 PM
at home it only takes me about 20 mins on the tube to get into central london which is cool

Sho
17-01-2016, 08:25 PM
we have caernarfon, but it's useless so i always have to go to bangor if i need something, which is about 30-40 minutes by car. i don't go drinking there or anything, though, i just go to the local pub so it's gonna be weird af for me if i do end up moving to cardiff this year

Elegance
18-01-2016, 04:19 PM
i live around 15 minutes away from manchester city centre via train so i'm pretty urban (h)

Samantha
18-01-2016, 04:38 PM
I live around 10 minutes from Wakefield, around 20 from Leeds and 20 from Barnsley so they're probably my closest bigger towns/cities!

Red
18-01-2016, 05:06 PM
15 min walk from town centre and about 25 mins in car to capital city

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!