PDA

View Full Version : Best VR Headset coming out in 2016?

kelseyxo
28-01-2016, 11:00 PM
Apologies if this is in the wrong area, anyway I was wondering, what VR is everyone looking forward to this year (next year too, release dates aren't confirmed on most)

The 3 that stand out to me are:
1. Playstation VR (looks extremely comfortable and compatable)
2. Oculus Rift (everyone knows about this by now, looks meh but probably had the most potential as far as rpg games go out of all vr headsets)
3. Google Cardboard (slot your phone into it, and ur ready to go.. looks awesome and seriously affordable)

Theres another like 20-30 VR Headsets coming out soon however so we will have to see what the best is.. which one is your favourite? I'd like to know :)

dbgtz
29-01-2016, 02:34 PM
You forgot the HTC Vive, which is "proper" VR unlike Google Card :P Though I'm curious where you got the 20-30 number, as far as I'm aware there's only 3 actual sets.

Anyway, if I get one any time soon it will probably be the PS VR due to the fact I have the motion controllers and it will probably work with PC games too, be it natively or otherwise. It's also most likely to have the best support, at least initially. Having said that, if it is really under-performing compared to the Vive or Rift, then I'll be waiting until I have a PC capable of running VR at a decent quality and getting one of those.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!