PDA

View Full Version : Tesco cutting 24 hour shopping at 76 branches!

Samantha
01-02-2016, 12:27 AM
Tesco is ending round-the-clock opening at almost 20% of its 24-hour stores as demand for night-time shopping wanes and online purchasing grows.

The country's largest grocery chain said there would be a "minimal" impact on jobs as a result of its decision to limit trading hours from 6am to midnight at 76 of its 400 24-hour stores.

The move was to take effect from 14 March, Tesco said.

http://news.sky.com/story/1632113/tesco-calls-time-on-24-hour-store-shopping
http://news.sky.com/story/1632294/is-your-tesco-affected-by-reduced-opening

Tesco are cutting opening hours at 76 branches across the company.

They're only cutting hours between 12-6, so staff can replenish the shelves with stock! The closest shop that's 24 hours near me is Hemsworth and it will be affected when they make the changes in March - I don't shop there anymore though so it doesn't bother me much - I used to go with my ex when we were still together when I stayed over as it's just around the corner from him, but it was nice shopping there at 2am because we fancied snacks or because we were bored.

I think it will help somewhat as there's always stock all over when at night, but if you start work early in the morning it was nice to do your shopping before or after you finished.

Cerys
01-02-2016, 12:38 AM
Interesting decision!!

I think it'll have a massively positive impact on customer experience - it's so much nicer shopping in a tidy store where staff actually acknowledge you and this isn't really the case at 2am so at least they'll have the time to make it all look presentable ready for opening!
Good that they're hardly impacting employees too

buttons
01-02-2016, 11:00 AM
ours is stopping their 24, although we never used it, it would have been handy for my 2am chocolate cravings.... we once went at midnight n there was only one other customer.

-:Undertaker:-
01-02-2016, 12:39 PM
About time really.

I never shopped at Tesco Express even as a student, they raised the prices in them so you were paying silly amounts for normal stuff - because they know the students are so lazy and stupid to shop properly so they'll wander in and spend their student loans in Tesco. Tesco Express by students = goldmine.

Thordenhime
01-02-2016, 02:06 PM
I personally work in Tesco and i can say that this comes as no surprise whilst there are stores that benefit from having 24 hour there are those that do not my store being one of them i often work evenings till about 11pm and it really isnt that busy.

velvet
04-02-2016, 01:03 AM
aw damn, my one is on that list... i used to love a bit of 3am shopping before i had to be up early :(
was the best time to go, no one trying to talk to you, no kids... perfect

Abracadavre
04-02-2016, 02:05 AM
aw damn, my one is on that list... i used to love a bit of 3am shopping before i had to be up early :(
was the best time to go, no one trying to talk to you, no kids... perfect

People talk to you while shopping? i wouldnt call that a bad thing that means you're approchable.

on an off note im happy mine isnt on there, i sleep during day awake at night and its the only time i go shopping :D

James
04-02-2016, 09:59 PM
I'm really not surprised they're doing this really. The store I work in is remaining 24 hours, thankfully. You'd be so surprised how many people actually shop at night and it makes my personal job easier as I do all the reductions so if things sell overnight, less for me to reduce the following morning.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!