PDA

View Full Version : SOTM Feedback!

lawrawrrr
02-02-2016, 09:55 PM
Heya :)

Although I did speak to people about the suggestions before I sorted anything out, I'd love some feedback on the new SOTM! It's supposed to be a bit different so you can all sort of get something from it!

But yes please let me know what you think :D

Thanks

check it out hereeeee (http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=833283)

buttons
02-02-2016, 10:04 PM
wats the prizes again? i remember thinking they were too much n wondering how u gonna afford them all

FlyingJesus
02-02-2016, 10:10 PM
I like it because I won

lawrawrrr
02-02-2016, 10:20 PM
wats the prizes again? i remember thinking they were too much n wondering how u gonna afford them all
1 point - 100 tokens
2 points - 1 credit
3 points - 75 rep
4 points - 5 credits
5 points - Month of VIP
10 points - Month of HC
15 points - Gold bar

The credits are the only ones I have to worry about affording - look at all the winners from last year here (http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=832595), there's only 19 that got the equivalent of 2 points above so that's potentially only 40c!

Most SOTM will get 1 point when they win, it's only when they win it multiple months in a row or do something really special/worth it when they get more points :) I'm hoping most winners will save up to win the bigger prizes but yeah :)

Oh plus the GB per month for the departments which is expensive but shrugs

Alysha
02-02-2016, 10:24 PM
I like it because Graphics won best department ;)

Nah, even though it may work out expensive, I think it's a fab change, allows people to keep track etc. Also I like the layout, very easy on the eyes

Mrs_Plant
02-02-2016, 10:29 PM
Love it! Makes it more interesting
Plus i got 2 points so yey ;)

lawrawrrr
02-02-2016, 10:35 PM
Love it! Makes it more interesting
Plus i got 2 points so yey ;)
Yas after looking over all your work this month, especially towards the end and the quantity you've produced (and the fact you won last month too despite it being a new year) I decided to award you 2 :D

dbgtz
02-02-2016, 11:02 PM
Not a huge fan of how the points work beyond the initial staff of the month to be honest not because it's an outright bad idea, but because it is probably harder in some departments to go beyond the 1 from being SOTM. It can be very easy to make lots of graphics or create lots of content, but how is a forum moderator supposed to exceed when their workload is dependent on "bad" forum activity?

That's the only issue I see with it as is anyway.

lawrawrrr
02-02-2016, 11:22 PM
Not a huge fan of how the points work beyond the initial staff of the month to be honest not because it's an outright bad idea, but because it is probably harder in some departments to go beyond the 1 from being SOTM. It can be very easy to make lots of graphics or create lots of content, but how is a forum moderator supposed to exceed when their workload is dependent on "bad" forum activity?

That's the only issue I see with it as is anyway.
It's not necessarily done on quantity of work itself, more on like willingness to help, advertise, come up with ideas, advise, all that going beyond the realms really! It's not gonna be judged comparative across the departments but individually. For example with a mod, it would be them submitting the reports and keeping on top of logs but also getting people to come on the forum, encouraging posting, helping plan department events or coming up with ideas for that, advising new members of staff!

dbgtz
02-02-2016, 11:25 PM
It's not necessarily done on quantity of work itself, more on like willingness to help, advertise, come up with ideas, advise, all that going beyond the realms really! It's not gonna be judged comparative across the departments but individually. For example with a mod, it would be them submitting the reports and keeping on top of logs but also getting people to come on the forum, encouraging posting, helping plan department events or coming up with ideas for that, advising new members of staff!

Ah OK fair enough, that makes a bit more sense I suppose.

Joe
03-02-2016, 02:56 AM
I really like this, works well and for me would make me want to work harder - also love the idea of the department of the month, really showing support across all departments, but there is the chance of it falling into the trap of the same, more active, departments winning constantly. If that's avoided, then all is well!

Nick
03-02-2016, 05:10 AM
i will only like it when features gets best department.

but srsly this is gd

Drew
03-02-2016, 12:01 PM
Well done, love the new changes especially the addition of the Manager/Department award. Always cool to see the stats too and the threads look great :D

lawrawrrr
03-02-2016, 12:23 PM

but srsly this is gd

Features would come under forum so do something cool and u would get a special mention ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick
03-02-2016, 12:29 PM
Features would come under forum so do something cool and u would get a special mention ;)

i do lots of cool things every day like add vip and stuff

lawrawrrr
03-02-2016, 12:31 PM
i do lots of cool things every day like add vip and stuff

Mate that's just your job ;/////

Empired
03-02-2016, 02:22 PM
what's that never even heard of it

I was looking at them yesterday and I thought they were a real improvement. I've got one stupidly small question but owell I'll ask it anyway: if you're not interested in Habbo prizes can you swap them for something on the forum like you can swap creds for rep in comps?

lawrawrrr
03-02-2016, 03:18 PM
what's that never even heard of it

I was looking at them yesterday and I thought they were a real improvement. I've got one stupidly small question but owell I'll ask it anyway: if you're not interested in Habbo prizes can you swap them for something on the forum like you can swap creds for rep in comps?

There aren't set prizes every month so if someone had 2 point they could either have 200 tokens OR a credit, or save up for VIP or rep etc! I was thinking for ages other things I could add but I got stuck :(

Samantha
03-02-2016, 04:26 PM
There aren't set prizes every month so if someone had 2 point they could either have 200 tokens OR a credit, or save up for VIP or rep etc! I was thinking for ages other things I could add but I got stuck :(

You could have an icon specifically for SOTM, so you could have a star, a trophy or something that could last x amount of days/weeks.

Inseriousity.
03-02-2016, 05:41 PM
Well I just looked at the prizes first and thought you'd have to work for years to get anything decent (which would be a bit crap really) but as it can go up to 3 points it's not that dire lol.

lawrawrrr
03-02-2016, 07:53 PM
You could have an icon specifically for SOTM, so you could have a star, a trophy or something that could last x amount of days/weeks.

I like this idea!!!

Samantha
03-02-2016, 08:11 PM
I like this idea!!!

I'm going to frame this as I don't have many good ideas (that you like too).

I like the revamped SOTM though too :D.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!