PDA

View Full Version : Hoarding

RuthOnToast
06-02-2016, 02:35 PM
So today I was (trying) to clean and was going through my old toy cupboard and found I couldn't throw much out
even though I know I will never use it or need it but I just cant bin it. I remember watching programs about people who have real issues with hoarding, One had a house full of news papers not just a few piles full on blocking door ways and no where to sleep or cook.

Do you ever keep stuff that you don't really need but just cant do it?

Empired
06-02-2016, 02:37 PM
Generally no but I do have a stuffed toy collection that I just can't let go of. I gave them all names and played with them all when I was a kid so now I know it's stupid but I feel like they've all got their own personalities and memories attached to them and I couldn't just throw that away :(

RuthOnToast
06-02-2016, 02:53 PM
Generally no but I do have a stuffed toy collection that I just can't let go of. I gave them all names and played with them all when I was a kid so now I know it's stupid but I feel like they've all got their own personalities and memories attached to them and I couldn't just throw that away :(

I do the same thing and in fact at 19 I still do I have a moose that's really grumpy that likes to watch jermy kyle

lawrawrrr
06-02-2016, 03:08 PM
How weird, a program just came on TV about compulsive hoarders!!

I wouldn't say I'm a total hoarder but I do like keeping things just in case! Even though I know I won't use most of the things.

It feels like a waste to throw most stuff away, although every six months or so I do have a proper clear out every six months or so. It's mostly old clothes, makeup and technology like cables that I don't need and will never use again. When I move out of this house I'll probably cut down what I have to things I definitely want and need!

Absently
06-02-2016, 03:32 PM
i find it quite difficult to throw stuff away, especially clothing and that because i always say i will find some sort of use for it and i never ever do :( i just love keeping a lot of stuff for memory sake and love looking back to it

Kellie
06-02-2016, 04:13 PM
The only thing I refuse to throw away are my teddies I've had since I were like 2. They are just put away for now rip

-:Undertaker:-
06-02-2016, 09:22 PM
I used to be a hoarder but now I am the total opposite. I love throwing useless tat out.

dbgtz
06-02-2016, 09:44 PM
I won't throw away anything with any nostalgic value or anything tech related. I have a shitty dual core processor sitting in my wardrobe that doesn't even work (though I mainly want to take it apart, just never got around to doing it). But more usefully, I keep all things wires in case I ever need them.

-:Undertaker:-
06-02-2016, 11:57 PM
i've got a massive bag full of absolute tat i cleared out the other week and i'm itching to just burn the lot

welshcake
07-02-2016, 07:19 PM
I do find it hard to throw things away
i wish i could throw all old stuff away but idk i just find it difficult

Cerys
07-02-2016, 07:51 PM
I find it hard to throw stuff away with memories.
Like I have a pinecone on my shelf still from when I was like 9 cos it made my bag get searched and me get questioned by airport security xD

Trivial stuff though I don't have a problem with.

I did send all my old teddys off to charity a while back though (except for 4 which are my fav's) which was super difficult

Zak
07-02-2016, 09:02 PM
I like to refer to my junk as collections :P haha

I wouldn't say I was a hoarder though.

nat965
25-02-2017, 08:14 PM
I'm kind of a hoarder, or maybe its me just being lazy. I find it hard to throw out things with memories. I'm not like those ones on the extreme hoarding show though!

Sho
25-02-2017, 10:15 PM
i used to find it hard to throw things away but i've got much better at it now

Catchy
26-02-2017, 10:00 PM
i think im a bit of a horder when it comes to technology, i have 6 laptops in my flat and only ever use one the majority of them are broken or really old but just cant get rid of them IN CASE i need them for something one day

Shar
27-02-2017, 10:56 AM
I'm a clothes and makeup hoarder. I need someone to help me clear stuff out otherwise I rationalise why I need to keep stuff and I'm awful at clearing out things myself.

despect
28-02-2017, 04:56 PM
I went through a lot of my old things and threw some of it away, I used to be so shit at letting go of things but I managed to do it woo.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!